Chaos Brand (Skill or Magic)
Old 07-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Seer's BFF

Default Chaos Brand (Skill or Magic)

This could be either a Skill (most likely in Psych Magic) or a Grey Gem.

As a skill it would have a % chance per point...
As a clickable Gem it would grant, for X seconds, a "gem level" based chance...

...to select a random gem from the ones you have picked up to your battle slots.
If that gem is clickable, its effect is activated.

- This effect would not send the "chosen" gem back to the pouch
- This effect would not spend energy or mana
- This effect would select a random "combat slot" - meaning empty slots or slots with non-clickable gems would never do anything.
- This "might" work (or not) with recastable gems, but as I've not done any objective math here, I won't comment on this.
- Could also limit the "activated gems" to the ones below or equal to your weapon's level, and/or below or equal to your skill/grey magic level/Chaos Brand gem level.

I hope I made some sense.

EDIT:
Let's imagine a certain Chaos Brand gem/skill gives you a 20% chance (per melee attack) to activate a random gem from the ones you have on your active gem slots.

If those slots are filled with Auras and Regen gems (non-clickable) nothing special ever happens from your attacks, so it's pointless to have Chaos Brand in that situation.

On the other hand, if you have 4 clickable/recastable gems, you make the most out of Chaos Brand. since those 20% will pick for sure a gem that can be triggered by the effect.

If you have 3 Auras and 1 clickable/recastable gem, you have 5% chance only of getting the effect to trigger off something (since the other 15% will pick non-clickable gems)

Last edited by Nurvus; 07-19-2008 at 07:59 AM..

Old 07-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i think i understand the general idea and sounds good

Old 07-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
Administrator

We've already got an idea in the works that's similar that involves cloning gems but this is cool too, we'll see what happens.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Seer's BFF

Another thing worth considering is whether the "standard and premium" combat gem slots are always part of the "random", or not.
In other words, if paid accounts should also have an additional advantage in this or not.

I, for one, think it isn't a desirable benefit, as it changes the balance of usefulness of such gem between free, standard and premium accounts, rather than giving a plain bonus.