Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Rerolling Guide - Restarting an Existing Character
Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Rerolling Guide - Restarting an Existing Character

Players have the ability to reroll their character - that is start over again, selecting a new face and class while keeping real money purchases and a few other things. Here's what you keep when you reroll:

-You keep your e-mail record so you can't re-register your e-mail for extra RT
-You keep all your noncombat skills: Learning, Crafting, Artistry, Resourcefulness, Adventuring, and Social
-You keep all your Legendry Skills
-You keep all your gold (NOT your items unless PAID reroll, see below)
-You keep all your traveling gear
-You keep rune set and gem pouch set unlocks
-You keep beast kills
-You keep epic quest progress
-You keep any completed pilgrimages (current pilgrimage is reset)
-You keep all your real money purchases: Standard/Premium Time, Accel, Grinder, Virtues, all TCs, etc
-You keep all the extra slots gained from having used inventory or storage expanders
-You keep all companions, slot unlocks, and their progress
-You keep your Book of Masters progress
-If you have rerolled in the past 7 days you will not receive the initial few hours rested time that most accounts start with.
-Quests will only reset upon your first two rerolls or once annually to prevent reroll quest farming. Use the /rerollinfo command to get details
-Boss progress will not reset to prevent repeated boss farming
-You do get to keep your existing Rested Time
-Rerolling will cause you to leave your arena team, but you will now remain in your clans
-Players who reroll or suffer a perm death now receive Reroller's Boon which gives triple experience until you reach your highest ever experience total!

To reroll click the chat bubble at the bottom left that opens the options menu and click Account Options. A free and paid method are available.

NEW OPTION: Paid Reroll

A Paid Reroll costs 5 TCs and allows you to keep all the items in your inventory and storage. You will need to completely empty your equipment and pouches before you do this, however. The main reason to do a paid reroll is if you have many expensive items that are soulbound and you want to keep them without having to transfer them temporarily to a different character.

Going PK is now a viable way to profit or quickly squeeze out some triple experience prior to your paid reroll if you are a talented player.

LEGENDARY CLASSES
If you are level 90, you will likely want to pick a LEGENDARY class. To see LG classes, click the invisible box between the Back and Next buttons when choosing your class to reveal the hidden options.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

cool so now we can basically reset our char if we are unhappy about class or something else about it thats nice

Old 07-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #3
TalesofPirates

So is Reroll basically like a Respec? you keep your levels skills and gold but can redistribute the skills and become something else, or are you restarting at level 1 again and you must relevel all those levels? I am lvl 13 now, ....so if its the latter does this mean I am level 1 again with 18+ hours of RT time? im a little confused on this any indepth info would be great

Old 07-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
DeLeon

I don't think you get to keep your lvl and you don't get back time. I think he means if you have a standard account and you only have like a hour left, when you reroll you will start with your standard 2 hours. Not all the RT you spent already on the char.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:22 AM   #5
overlord

then what is the purpose of rerolling .. moght as well start a new account ...

Old 07-20-2008, 03:06 AM   #6
Rackos

Starting a new character doesn't allow you to keep your:

<b>Learning Skills</b>
<b>Gold</b>
<b>Purchases</b> (ie, standard account, virtues, etc.)

Old 07-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
DeLeon

Ok about the Rt, i have like 2 hours of rolled over time and an hour of rested time. If i re-roll do i lose my 2 hours of rolled over time ?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
Administrator

When you reroll you never end up with less RT than you currently have.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #9
Picho

So in other words, It could also be helpful if you start off with an adventurer, train all of his learning skills to their highest, then restart to be able to have a greater focus all around?

What about level 20 learning skills? do you lose them, or when you hit level 20 do you have them back to their original value?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #10
Hellbender

Good question. I would also like to know the answer of this question. Good thinking Picho.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:12 AM   #11
Administrator

You keep all your learning skills regardless of if they are above level 20 or not. You won't see that you still have the skills in your skills window but you will still get their effects even though you are not high enough to continue to train them.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
Darkstorm

Quote:
-You keep all your real money purchases (ie Standard/Premium time, Acceleration Upgrade, and Virtues. Epics are NOT purchases and will be lost)
Not true, i recently had an epic item that enabled me to purchase discipline and courage. I rerolled my character this morning and my 2 virtues have gone.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #13
Administrator

If you had actually purchased the virtues they wouldn't be gone. We keep records of all purchases so if you think that you lost virtues due to a reroll you can let me know your character name and I'll investigate but I'm quite sure you mean the epic item disappeared, not the virtues which is exactly what the comment you quoted explains.

Edit: Having checked your account Darkstorm I see that you did indeed purchase the virtues and they were still on your account. You can view your virtues in the accomplishments window.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #14
Darkstorm

Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. When i bought the attributes i remember seeing them on the skills page, guess i was mistaken about that.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 PM   #15
iamme

If are lvl 13 and have 18 hours of RT then you reroll you are lvl 1 and have 18 hours of RT

Old 09-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #16
Tymoriel

What if...

What will happen to Crafting, Artistry and Resourcefulness? Will they keep or lost the skill we learned?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #17
iamme

the only skills you keep are the learning skills

Old 10-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #18
karpinn

when re-rolling u keep the current location or u go to Castille?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #19
Damen

if you reroll with a time card in your inventory do you keep it even if you bought it in game from the auction house?
dunno if this would apply as a real money purchase...

Old 11-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #20
Killjoykitty

i like my character and stats and everything, the only thing i'm not happy with is my class... can there be a way that you can change your class but not have to restart?