Group Loot options
Old 07-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Dewfire

Default Group Loot options

Would it be possible to set up some loot options?

My buddy and I duo together most the time, and looting isn't an issue except for the fact I'm a caster and he's melee and it seems I get all the combat trophies and he gets all the Spirit trophies. He's crafting, and I seem to get all the silk!

The silk is no big deal, I can just trade those to him. but the trophies are frustrating.

Could we get something so the group can set up loot options?

Say a Free For all, Regular loot or a Master Looter that can assign drops to group members perhaps?

Just an idea!

Let me know if you see any holes in it

Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Nomad

nice idea!

Old 07-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #3
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

might be good idea for groups consisting of various account types

Old 07-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
antwon09

:O great idea =]
Stole that from world of warcraft.. :O lol but nice

Old 07-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
antwon09

We need to get the /roll in the game lol..
not hard to do..
but what happens is when you type /roll 100 or w/e or just roll it picks a random number from 1 to 100... that way if something drops that everyone needs you can just /roll Also took from world of warcraft :P lol Its a great system..

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
Davina

I assume you're talking about subscriptions? Because if both of you are subscriptions, you can just loot what you want, then exit, and your buddy can loot the rest. The loot can then be taken by another person in your party. Try it with silk.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
antwon09

I know thats possible but group loot is a great idea...
Hhmm this wont happen now that i think about it... Jeff is a money guru... he lives to make and steal money... And the only ppl that would benefit from this are free players... Not a bad idea thou.. but jeff isnt going to help the free players

Old 07-18-2008, 01:28 AM   #8
Style

i dont see a real need for this, u and your buddy can just trade, and if your buddy is a free account then tough luck for him, the reason there is no loot all option availible like this is very simple its so u cant farm drops from free accounts, i personally have no problems with the loot system as it stands except that i would like the ability to grab all of my loot at once, or even for similar trophies to stack up so i can just shift click them into my inventory

Old 07-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
antwon09

I would like a loot all of your items and auto stack them button :P the real lazy button lol
or maybe just instead of click and drag.. just click it to go in your inventory.. and have them auto stack..

Old 07-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
Dewfire

Hah, didn't get it from WoW...every MMO has some sort of loot settings.

Well my buddy didn't pay until today, so perhaps the fact he was free was the issue? Because it locks out certain items to loot randomly for each person.

Will see how it goes this evening while we are playing.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #11
Blademaster

sounds like it would make the game better im all for it

Old 07-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
Dewfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davina
I assume you're talking about subscriptions? Because if both of you are subscriptions, you can just loot what you want, then exit, and your buddy can loot the rest. The loot can then be taken by another person in your party. Try it with silk.
Ok yes and that would be fine as we are both subscribers, but what if I want all Spirit and he wants all Combat trophies? and the Auto split gives him 2 combat and 2 Spirit and I get 1 combat and 1 spirit. Who gets shorted on their trophies so they can loot and exit out?

It just would be much simpler if there was an option for the Group Loot to make it open or whatever so you can grab what you want and they can grab what they want.
Or any other settings as noted above. Master loot, round robin etc.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
Style

i still dont understand y u guys cant just trade 1for1 on trophies... if your already grouping together. either he doesnt want to give up her spirit trophies or maybe hes just a jerk. either way u need both spirit and combat trophies to build a proper character

Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
Dewfire

Have you right clicked on your Trophies?

I don't get a trade option.

I understand you need both to balance out, but still, why can't the option be there.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #15
Atticus

The thing is this, when Dewfire and I are duoing it's more about the rate at which you become encumbered. Getting from Castille to Mosslands, were are both nearly encumbered by the time we get through Spruce forest.

I don't think that it's too much to ask to say "Hey, you know I don't want to be hoarding all these spirit trophies. Auto-split is a great option, it doesn't have to respect spirit or combat (I really wish that it would), but at least even it out some so there's not such a disparity in the number of trophies one person gets versus another.

And I know that I *could* passive my Decumberance to 13 or so, but that's not how I'm working my build at the moment. And I don't think Jeff is going to consider making trophies weigh less.....

-Atticus

Last edited by Atticus; 07-22-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
Adamska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewfire
Have you right clicked on your Trophies?

I don't get a trade option.

I understand you need both to balance out, but still, why can't the option be there.
Trophies can be auctioned when put into storage, and if you want to trade with someone, just right click on their picture and select trade...

Old 07-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #17
Style

uhhh the loot is already auto split... he wants an option to set how the loot is split. and no matter what item u click on u get no trade option thats not how trade works