Old 04-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #21
Temporarily Suspended

It does kind of make sense for balancing. but witholding that KEY skill information from players was very bad imho.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #22
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver
It does kind of make sense for balancing. but witholding that KEY skill information from players was very bad imho.
Indeed, i am glad it works like that however ... i don't like to keep getting robbed.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
Gem Pouch Expert

Yeah, I don't necessarily mind either in terms of balance.... in fact I think it makes perfect sense from a balance standpoint. But I think very plainly this should have been clarified, and to not do so was simply unprofessional.

This means that your average level 25 char - who, unless he goes straight DUR with a lot of Def levels, should have around 850-900 hp - who uses a sword + sheild can effectively only get around a 1900-point testudo sheild. This means that someone who got a 25 sheild drop and paid the game $10 to use it thinking it would do what the testudo description says it would got ripped off by 600 points worth of damage-sheild. If I payed money to use this, and then read this thread I would be incredibly angry.

Now I realize that this stuff happens, and perhaps the coding team didn't think this would come up. Oh well..... but to just say "This is what we wanted, just didn't bother to tell you" is wrong. The response could have easily included a "perhaps we should have clarified this earlier, but we felt it was necessary for balance" and the tone would have been much different. Instead, this is exactly how to alienate paying customers. I'm glad it doesn't directly affect me too terribly, but I am at a loss for why this is just coming out now.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #24
Administrator

This limitation was put into place before testudo was implemented and there was not really a possibility of people hitting it then. Not mentioning it in the announcement where testudo was implemented was a mistake. The limitation will remain since it does provide a good balance to prevent abuse of an already super powerful skill.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #25
Seer's BFF

you might call it abuse but if it wasnt capped perhaps people would use shields for reasons other then bosses after lvl 20+

Dont mess with the Zoid, im surprisngly not that bad!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #26
Epic Scholar

It's only superpowerful at first. Even at 100 testudo a lot of capped players can two or three hit that testudo.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #27
Juan Arquero

This revelation leaves me wondering if testudo users should go with a PVP build (i.e. all Durability) instead of a more balanced PVE build, even if the character is being built for just PVE.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #28
weirdgrivi

lolcool

Old 04-05-2010, 07:10 AM   #29
Boss Hunter

I got a question about how san said that testudo for rare shields is +5 and epic +10 is that true u could have 88 testudo and have it work with a 78 shield???

Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #30
Temporarily Suspended

Location: Plumbing the depths of hatreds womb, scaling destructions breast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastercal
I got a question about how san said that testudo for rare shields is +5 and epic +10 is that true u could have 88 testudo and have it work with a 78 shield???
Yes that is true, and why this isn't in the Testudo skill description in-game is confusing. (red highlighted):

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/ga...html#post55333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Testudo - When starting combat with a shield equipped you will gain a fading damage absorption shield of 100 times the value of this skill or 100 times your shield level - whichever is lower. The shield will dissipate if your first attack is a ranged attack. Fading shields half in value every 5 seconds. Note: Rare shields count as +5 their listed level and epics +10

Last edited by Relic; 04-05-2010 at 07:42 AM..

Old 04-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #31
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic
Yes that is true, and why this isn't in the Testudo skill description in-game is confusing. (red highlighted)
Why weren't we told about the testudo cap?

That seems to be the more important question, that NO ONE ****ing knew about until now.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
Boss Hunter

thx relic

Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #33
Komninos

This makes AGI even less useful and DUR more useful. I think this game mechanic is bad for balance since already most people prefer DUR over AGI, certainly for pvp and somewhat even for pve.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #34
Boss Hunter

Yeh but agi is mostly used by archers because of its ability to help them kite and stuff

Old 04-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #35
Komninos

well archers don't use shields anyway so your point is moot and mine still stands ;p

Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #36
Boss Hunter

*slaps head* lots of archers use shields for lots of them its against black mobs

Old 04-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #37
Komninos

AGI also works with shield blocking (guardians)...

Old 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #38
Epic Scholar

agi fails nuff said i lost to a lvl 34 at lvl 50 when i went from full dur build to full agi...not to mention heroics slaughtered me also
  • Fix and eat a sandwich +15%
  • Watch TV -5%
  • Urinate +20%
  • Finish your homework +10%
  • Stand on your head for 5+ minutes +33%

We believe these are working as intended.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #39
Epic Scholar

Level 33 actually

Old 04-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #40
Strye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
This limitation was put into place before testudo was implemented and there was not really a possibility of people hitting it then. Not mentioning it in the announcement where testudo was implemented was a mistake. The limitation will remain since it does provide a good balance to prevent abuse of an already super powerful skill.
So now you're pushing DUR as even more important and pushing AGI and CNT into the NOONEWILLPICKYOUYOUSHOULDN'TEXIST-corner.