Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

View Poll Results: Lower Wizardry Skill Requirement for 2nd Pouch from 25 to 10?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 4 23.53%
Huh? 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Gem system
Old 05-22-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord
Default Gem system

The current gem system is kind of hard on magic users it would be helpfull if you changed it from 1 slot per lvl to 2 slots when the system changed i had 36 gems but now i could only put 12 in pouch and then also loose my chance of getting escapes

at least thats my opnion now too see whether or not anyone agrees with me and if it gets changed

Old 05-22-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
Fierce

that would be the end result of people whining too much about their gems not appearing as often as they would like them to. Escape gems are very necessary at times, having them pop up less increases your chances of dying :/, my suggestion would be to have a clear button, where you can stop drawing gems from your pouch manually and start only drawing escape gems.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:31 AM   #3
Decker

the new gem system is fine, just take out doubles as you now have a higher chance of getting that gem or get rid of you lower lvl gems as the higher ones are better and i'm sure you'd rather have those one in play than a weak one

Old 05-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #4
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

i had 12 heals 3 damage absorbers and 18 damage spells 3 gems of each type recastable and all the gems was the highest lvl i could use at the time

Old 05-22-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
Decker

ok then just take those 3 of each gem and take it down to 2 or 1 and you'll be fine, why is that so hard to figure out?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:57 AM   #6
Auction Master

yes that would work but there is a limit to how much it would help for a magic user

Old 05-22-2008, 06:23 AM   #7
Administrator

I think the 1 gem per level is going to be the final system. I agree it is a pain for people who used the old system and had 30+ gems in their pouch only to have their pouch size reduced to 15 or so, however, if you knew ahead of time how big your pouch would be it wouldn't have been an issue.

Having less slots is a huge advantage because it costs way less to fill those slots because you don't need to purchase as many duplicates. It's just a matter of having the self control to edit your pouches based on the ratio of gems you want rather than stuffing it full of duplicates of cool gems that dont work well when drawn in multiples.

As for Fierce's clear button idea, that is kind of already built into the game - you just need to have your wizardry up to level 25 so you can make use of a second pouch. When you switch between pouches it clears all your active gems and begins to draw from the second pouch. If that pouch is empty (you'll probably always want 1 empty pouch) then you'll draw nothing but escapes.

I'll lower the Wizardry limit for the second and pouch to skill of 10 rather than 25 if we can get 20 yes votes on the poll.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #8
Meridian

As far as gem pulls since I've only played under the new system it is fine to me. I only want about 4-6 to pull from. In fact,regardless of old or new way, I think it is a great and distinct feature of Nodiatis. I DO think you should lower the level for second pouch from 25 to 10 though.

Gems
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #9
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug
Default Gems

not being a magic user bar for spells the new system helps a lot as it makes it so much easier to draw tht important heal tht keeps u alive xD

as for changing the gem pouch to 10 instead of 25 i dont really have an opinion in the matter

wouldnt effect me really but i recon it probably a good idea though then people may want the back back nxt lvl lowered to 10 as well so they could have 2 suits

Old 05-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #10
Kieria

I wouldn't be dead right now if the limit was 10. That would be fantastic!

Old 05-23-2008, 03:15 AM   #11
Decker

there are only 20 registered users, i don't think you'll get those votes :/

Old 05-23-2008, 04:14 AM   #12
Auction Master

there were only one till yesterday give it a little time

Old 05-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #13
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

voted yes purely for the fact tht i had a think about it and it is a good idea

Old 05-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #14
Davina

I would suggest just raising the starting pouch size from 5 to 10, allowing even a non spell caster to have at least 6 heal spells (3 mana, 3 energy) and then continue with the 1 per level. This way a non-spell caster wouldn't have to use xp to raise wizardry if they didn't want to. 6 heals upgraded as levels are upgraded seems to me to be sufficient for most purposes.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #15
Auction Master

almost enough votes now only a few to go

Old 06-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
Kieria

what is the hold up here?? so many members now and still not enough votes... vote people! :P (better yet, vote yes! )

Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #17
Decker

Vote no, its the right thing to do.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #18
Administrator

Times up, gonna stay at 25.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #19
Auction Master

ohh thats too bad

Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 AM   #20
Seer's BFF

ohh well thts a sahme i reconded tht was a good idea as well

ohh well silly people not voting