Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

make rested time toggleable.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
benove

Default make rested time toggleable.

a thought

Old 07-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
spartanairborne

i agree with that. sometimes i would rather not be using time, and use it sometime else.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Style

i totally agree but there needs to be strict restrictions on it to avoid abuse

Old 07-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
antwon09

Great idea.. but easily abused.. without restrictions.. ppl could farm trophies and when hp got low and they needed to rest they could toggle off RT time.. easy fix.. make it so you can only turn off RT when you have full Energy, mana and health.. just like when you log out That would actually help alot.. because i've been in situations where i had to travel from t3 to t1 to help a friend and lost lots of rt if not all =[ it would be nice to turn it off so i could travel to help a friend... But again easily exploited ... Great idea thou =]

Old 07-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
Somneil

Being able to toggle off RT once your HP, mana, and energy are full would make sense, but it doesn't solve the problem of getting more adventuring xp than you really should by toggling it on, hitting a town, toggling it off, traveling to the next town, then toggling it on again before hitting the next town.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #6
benove

Maybe have a 10 minute delay on it or something.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
Camli

Part of the game is managing your RT. If you're going to travel through areas with gray mobs, do it when you're out of RT. If you don't think you're going to finish all your RT today, well, then what's the harm in doing it while you have RT?

Old 07-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #8
antwon09

Yes but why wait 2 hours to walk to town when you could do it now.. its a great idea .. Some ppl play dif and think dif.. your one of those types..
Ya I like that. 10 mins is a bit much if you accidently hit it or something.. 5 mins is still high and yet low enough to wait if you have to.. ppl wouldnt wait 5 mins for a lil bit of extra exp in 5 mins they could already be half way to the next town :P
Great ideas =]

Old 07-13-2008, 02:07 AM   #9
Seer's BFF

walking through gre should only take a couple of mins.

when at full hp/mana/energy you will only loose max 60sec when combat has finished. i for one go through squares when not fully healed. that is what heal gems are for.

as for antwon going for t3 to t1 to help a friend. you should have waited. your the bigger fool for doing that walk with out going to the seer or when you had no RT left.

and one more antwon there is nothing stopping you from walking from town to town, if that is the way you like to play, but in the end your the one loosing out for not making the most of your RT.

come one people. There are reasons we get RT and reduced XP when we have none left. Use it wisely.

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Last edited by Flashus; 07-13-2008 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #10
spartanairborne

It is in a sense part of your responsibility to manage your RT, but sometimes i would rather do something else before i level.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 AM   #11
antwon09

Its not the fact that i lost some rt.. Because i'm not worried about 15 mins... And Fashus stop being a dick in every post you post.... Ppl can have opinions.. and ppl can have reasons agaisnt others opinions but you could be nice about it... Not just put all opinions down while being a dick.. I wasnt being an idiot helping a low lvl friend.. i was helping someone because no one else would.. Its sometimes ok to be a lil nice

Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #12
spartanairborne

Note that he is only a dick to you.
Now ponder that in your little heart for a while.

Old 07-13-2008, 05:43 AM   #13
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

in beta you could walk from T2 to T3 to T2 in less then 5 mins though it required around lvl 20 it gets fairly easy to gather adventure xp at higher lvls so i dont like this suggestion

Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #14
Ehlmaris

I do like this suggestion but only because of how annoying it is walking through spruce and mosslands to get to moss dungeon when you really don't care about anything BUT moss dungeon.

I see this not as a way to get cheap adventure exp... but a way to avoid using RT on things that you really don't care about. I could care less about squirrel tails and spruce claws, I want some monkey fangs!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #15
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

yeah moss dungeon is abit annoying as you often have to go back to it

Old 07-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #16
antwon09

Lol I could care less that he is only a dick to me.. and actually he is a dick to almost everyone .. so far from what i've seen he think he's better then everyone else... Your no better spartan

Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 PM   #17
spartanairborne

lol.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #18
antwon09

K sorry to bring this old topic back up.. but i have a pretty good idea..
Ok you run out of Rt for the first time you get a chance to put ur email in and get 1 hr more.. and you can enable when you get that 1 hr just by confirming when you want it...
Well what if instead of making it toggle able.. which would be better :P... You get a chance to Enable Rested Time, Or set incrimints of how long you want rt enabled.. Like let say i sign in and want to grind for an hour.. So when i first log in it has a window that asks how long or how many hours of RT do you want to use first.. You hit accept and you get that much Hours of RT .. you'd have a bank of course.. if you only have 1 hour ( nub Char) lol Then you would just hit accept 1 hr and go about your business.. but if you wanted to wait a lil bit before starting RT then you hit Later or Decline and then when you want it click a buton to bring up the Time select menu again
Sounds good.. harder to exploit then making it Toggle able.. Plus sounds pretty effective..

Old 07-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #19
Somneil

That actually does sound like it would prevent exploitation. If done in a minimum of 1 hour increments I could only exploit adventuring experience at most 3 times in 3 hours on a premium account, which is way better than nigh infinitely.

And having this ability would be perfect for when I don't want to take the time the previous day to set my character in the place I want him to level at the next day.

Instead I could start off by declining RT usage, then move my character into position, log out and in and then accept my 3 hours and grind away. Or if I wanted to do 1 hour at a time and hand in trophies at the end of each time period, I could do that too.

Unless other ways can be thought of to exploit this idea, I give it my stamp of approval.

Last edited by Somneil; 07-15-2008 at 11:45 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 AM   #20
antwon09

=] Thanks