Moderators for civil chat
Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
Reejery

Default Moderators for civil chat

Right now before anyone gets up on the high horse and starts saying people have already suggested this etc. I'll make my point clear, the only way this is going to happen is if we keep saying we want it.

Now we really need some moderators in civil chat online as often as possible, because you know its getting out of hand when spam and people being vulgar happens without anything happening at all.

Now what needs to happen is you let people who everyone else trust be moderators or have just 1 member off staff on as a mod, that's all that's needed.

With that civil might actually be civil for a change, because not everyone wants to screen shot the offense and send it, I can't even find the email we're meant to send the screen shots too.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Rare Collector

stop beating a dead horse

there wont be any civil moderators now or in the future

/thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
Jochi

There is a great need for proper moderation in the civil chat, as it is fast becoming a farce with the content that is spewing in it at times.

I do not presume to understand the lack of moderation by Glitchless, but would like to put an alternate suggestion. If a Slashdot-style peer-moderation chat system can be implemented, it would not require Glitchless staff to be online all the time, and instead put the onus for players to moderate their peers.

The way it is currently going can only be detrimental to the game. New players coming in and seeking help in civil chat may likely be turned off by the frequent occurrences of incivility, and may choose not to play (and therefore possibly also pay for) Nodiatis anymore.

My two cents.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Here is what i suggest to you Glitchless. I have in fact noticed there is alot of flamming and the use of filth in civil, no matter what happens it will probably stay that way. What i suggest is that you have your forum mod nakata make an account, or make him/her a glitchless account and have him/her simply watch civil and get rid of unwanteds. It wouldnt be a daily 4 hour thing, just 45 minutes and most of the unwanteds would be out.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
Boss Hunter

I've been a chat/forum moderator for years and I'd be willing to patrol the chat when I'm around. However, I know I have my share of less than friendly users who would hate me in such a role.

I'll agree some sort of moderation is needed. It is Pathetic that I can't even mention Christian without the masses getting defensive. I don't get offended everytime I see something distasteful to me. I have never once promoted a side conversation that has branched off from my recruiting messages and when a Christian or anyone starts talking faith, I am one fo the first to ask them publicly and personally to stop.

This may sound like a campaign message, but it is not. I just want to see someone given the ability to mod civil and that person be willing to be fair to all.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

I'll moderate uncivil :P

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Rare Collector

sorry blazin but i doubt you could be an impartial moderator due to the fct that you created a religious clan. We don't need your opinion forced on others. Quit nod then maybe you can have a shot at it, but even then you'll have to be moderated too to ensure your not biased.

*Votes flipy as uncivil Mod*

Just remember Today's raincheck is tomorrows' Golden Shower.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
Ravenskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejery

Now we really need some moderators in civil chat online as often as possible, because you know its getting out of hand when spam and people being vulgar happens without anything happening at all.
You know what I happen to hate?!?! I hate when vulgar happenings happen and then nothing happens about those happenings. I hate when that happens.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
Ravenskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazinbones
I've been a chat/forum moderator for years and I'd be willing to patrol the chat when I'm around.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
Emperor006

YAY Canada! =D

Old 09-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenskar
You know what I happen to hate?!?! I hate when vulgar happenings happen and then nothing happens about those happenings. I hate when that happens.
Yeah man.. i hate it too

Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #12
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx
thought you were already an admin there
i cracked on this one

Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
Emperor006

Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #14
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

ffs i r not admin :P

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 09-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #15
Crab Defiler

yes PLEASE moderate civil chat room
Kittiara
FnKyM 4 Life <3

Old 09-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #16
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailenstryker
sorry blazin but i doubt you could be an impartial moderator due to the fct that you created a religious clan. We don't need your opinion forced on others. Quit nod then maybe you can have a shot at it, but even then you'll have to be moderated too to ensure your not biased.

*Votes flipy as uncivil Mod*
I'm far from Bias. I can't count how many times I am one of the first to tell users to take faith and politics out of civil. Just because I am willing to make my religious persuasion public does not mean I can't be fair to both sides. Not to mention that even when I am bashed in civil, I still do not come out fire right back. Just like on the forums, I say my peice and let that be the end of it.