Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Uncivil or Off Topic

Old 08-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #21
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehlmaris
There's just no quality control over this, though. I try to use the rep for such reasons, but often see comments like "HA" or "NO" or "WRONG" in my rep comments next to the negatives... it's more of a "you disagreed with me so i'm gonna derep you" than a "i find your methods of reaching this conclusion to be faulty, and would appreciate it if you would look into a more objective/statistically accurate/logical method of reaching your conclusion... or instead of trying to reach a conclusion you should follow the evidence to the conclusion, not the other way around".

Sorry if that last comment was a bit long. But honestly I think that's what people need here. Why don't we say that kind of ****? Probably because the less-informed, less-mature posters would call us pretentious asshats.

There is no way to judge who is worth our time that currently exists on the forums. We need a limited group of posters analyzing each post to see who is making decent arguments and who is using faulty logic or flat out making **** up. Trouble is finding that many people with nothing better to do who won't be biased or grow elitist/pretentious in their decisions.

Catch-22, anyone?
Some of us don't like being smart all the time

Touche Gwendalyn.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #22
Ravenskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenga
For the record, I did not blame any of the mods nor jeff. It's just an evolution and some things I've noticed over the past weeks. I'd say forum was more or less ok till half june. The main change should come from the players, i don't really see how any moderation can bring it back to how it used to be. What they can do however is clean up everything and keep every thread tight. Not sure if that is as fun as back in the old days.

The Official Unofficial Nod Forums
Nodiatis Unofficial Forum - No Barney * No Spam * No Rep * No Retards