Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Bug & Exploit Reports

Potential Inferno glitch with V1.181
Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Sho

Default Potential Inferno glitch with V1.181

Quote:
A rounding error has been corrected in the following skills that may produce much higher numbers for players and creatures:
Inferno
Necromancy
482 crit on spell Inferno Rank 12, (max before patch was 447)

My level: 54
Inferno skill: 44
Monster: Black Wolf (Level 59)
Flare Up Rank 7: up to +65 Max Damage

Not sure if i never maxed the gem before... but i have had these spells for over a month and never seen damage this high on this spell. My inferno skill has not changed in the previous month as well...

Let me know if you need any other stats or information to confirm or deny glitch exists.

Last edited by Sho; 07-25-2009 at 11:32 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Administrator

This sounds correct. The skill was not properly affecting max damage before this patch.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Vaht

Well, there you have it. What I can't figure out is how this is due to a rounding error. It must have been very early on in the calculations. (As a programmer, I'm going to take a guess and say that they probably used an integer calculation where a floating point, or at least special care was needed. Integer math is way faster [and speed is a major factor in determining how fast a game can 'tick'] than floating point math, but obviously you want to make sure you get the correct result even after multiple rounds of calculations. It's a tricky thing to balance.)

Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
Sho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
This sounds correct. The skill was not properly affecting max damage before this patch.
Ah, From reading the patch information it sounded like you were saying that we were doing too much damage, thus the patch caused us to do less.

Thanks for the quick response.