Suggestions for Jeff
Old 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
sherman

Default Suggestions for Jeff

Jeff I enjoy the game, but I feel some things have been lost along the way as Nodiatis has grown.

1. Quit worrying about making us pay more. To clarify: no I am not complaining about not being able to afford STD/Prem account. I am looking at these updates, and can only see Jeff trying to make us spend more RT/RRT in combat so that we purchase his upgrades and TCs.

2. Take your time with patches, to ensure numerous bugs won't appear. I don't mind the extra 3 minutes, but numerous bugs that shouldn't be there if they were tested that people get TCs for, is quite ridiculous.

3. Focus more on deeper, more meaningful gameplay. Don't use level caps as your last resort to keep people here, make PvP fun, make wars fun, hold tournaments in Nod, hell put a strip bar in the center of it. Make Nod more fun, it has gotten repetitive, and more time consuming so that you can milk the money from the players.

4. Quit worrying so much about balancing the classes, if everything was balanced then Nod wouldn't be fun, interesting, or surprising. Besides, there is always going to be something people will whine about to throw the balance off-scale.

5. Add more content to the game, expand the map, and add more mobs/bosses to add more things to spend our time on. Hell, we all know how much time you want us to spend so you can milk us.

6. When Nod was small, singling out people and humiliating them would have been alright. However, as Nod is expanding, keep that down to a minimum as not everyone gets the jokes, and you want to set a good record for new players.

7. Add some random events to make sure people stay in front of the computer. Even add some mini-games, and other things.

8. Add monthly and weekly events like you said you would. Hell, add some daily quests that have a small chance to drop some rare, unique equipment.

9. Keep us updated on what you are currently doing/working on. Maybe provide screenies as like teasers. This way we may be able to provide some meaningful suggestions, and make it so levels 20+ can post in such a thread so not everyone can spam and make class overpowering suggestions.

10. Ban the accounts and IPs of the periodic spammers that spam here, and delete the posts they make.

11. Hire more people Jeff. We love you, but we love the updates as well. You may not want to spend money, but Jeff this game isn't a one person, two person, or a three person job. This way updates can go faster, you can have extra testers/programmers to help, and there will be less bugs.

Jeff, if you take any offense to this, I apologize, but some things did need to be pointed out as some things are getting a bit out of hand.

Jeff, we the players of Nod love you and your game, but lately your updates have been lacking that finesse, that excitement, that suspense feeling that makes someone want to rush and spend 35 dollars just to use that update.

Right now, some of the updates have been lacking, much like the procrastinator who waits until the last minute.

Add some more people to your staff Jeff and you will be able to spend more time with the players and get feedback, like you did when it was smaller and more manageable by one guy.

Jeff i am posting as a player concerned for the future of Nodiatis. I only ask that you read with an open mind, and don't rush to that banhammer for a player speaking out.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Administrator

Who is Jeff?

Old 07-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Nod has been taken over by Zenga?!!

Old 07-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
sherman

You can be a smart allec if you want, but this is serious.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
You can be a smart allec if you want, but this is serious.
Was in response to:

Quote:
Who is Jeff?
And yea, was being serious, with a non-serious approach.

Peace and goodwill to Glitchless/Jeff/Sherman/Nodiatis

Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Pasterqb

Agree number 1

90% of Jeff's patches r bugged and get fixed in 10 mins which is kinda stupid IMO

Number 3 is GREAT Level cap raise shouldnt be all that keeps ppl here it needs more areas

Agreed number 4 enuff with the "BUFF" that buffs the FLIPPIN MOB more than us

Number 5 was my idea which would honestly make me keep playing in a couple weeks all my stats will be 70 and i r might queet

7,8,9 VERY Good

10 is ok dont really care about spammers

11 is also kinda my idea i checked Credits and only see maybe 2 or 3 ppl that can help improve this game (meaning not adding art)

Frankly you can just ask Nod players to submit artwork and use it

And yea no offense i just want a better game which would bring in more money for you and IMO u shouldnt care soully on money (not saying you do) but if you r a fellow gamer u should want to make the best game possible

Old 07-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

no offense jeff/glitchless, but that patch about the uncivil Bannies cant talk to the civil's is IMO,100% ive heard MANY people say what i am saying now,remove patch PL0X,i need to advertise my stuff in civil and now i cant,im banned and i regret being a a$$hole when i was new,i will only enter civil for advertising.if i do insult or harass anyone like people say then bann me again,IF YOU even consider D banning me,that is all and thank you fr this wonderfull game,as for sherman,bravo,jeff should hire you to mantain this game,check out how hard it is to make ONE PERFECT patch,i R WANT TEH R TEE to keep it comming pl0x! thanks lol

Old 07-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Who is Jeff?
Well, if this is how you are now going to treat your playerbase, then that answers where Nodiatis is going.

If you don't take these suggestions to heart, don't be surprised if Nodiatis doesn't last another year.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
klippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvopaz
no offense jeff/glitchless, but that patch about the uncivil Bannies cant talk to the civil's is IMO,100% ive heard MANY people say what i am saying now,remove patch PL0X,i need to advertise my stuff in civil and now i cant,im banned and i regret being a a$$hole when i was new,i will only enter civil for advertising.if i do insult or harass anyone like people say then bann me again,IF YOU even consider D banning me,that is all and thank you fr this wonderfull game,as for sherman,bravo,jeff should hire you to mantain this game,check out how hard it is to make ONE PERFECT patch,i R WANT TEH R TEE to keep it comming pl0x! thanks lol
your banned? *bangs table*

Old 07-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
Temporarily Suspended

It is impossible for one person to test every possibility every combination of skills being used at anyone time if Glitchless wanted to test bugs the patches would take much longer but if you instead patch the game and let people play and report bugs the patch will be out and most bugs will be gone. it is a smarter way for fixing bugs for an online game compared to console style games that don't get updates and pay for tester to find bugs. When if you let the player find the bugs you save money and the player feel like he/she is helping with the development of the game...

It is a smart way of doing things and I praise Glitchless for doing it.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver
It is impossible for one person to test every possibility every combination of skills being used at anyone time if Glitchless wanted to test bugs the patches would take much longer but if you instead patch the game and let people play and report bugs the patch will be out and most bugs will be gone. it is a smarter way for fixing bugs for an online game compared to console style games that don't get updates and pay for tester to find bugs. When if you let the player find the bugs you save money and the player feel like he/she is helping with the development of the game...

So, do you disagree with my other points?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
klippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver

+1

well said

Old 07-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
sherman

Klippi, if you aren't going to post anything related to the topic, don't post.

I do not like cluttered threads with posts unrelated to the topic.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #14
sherman

You can choose to ignore this or choose to listen this thread and maybe use some of the suggestions.

If you choose to ignore this, then that answers the question as to where Nodiatis is headed and what kind of admin you have become.

I hope, for the sake of your business and this game, you choose to listen.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #15
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Jeff I enjoy the game, but I feel some things have been lost along the way as Nodiatis has grown.

1. Quit worrying about making us pay more. To clarify: no I am not complaining about not being able to afford STD/Prem account. I am looking at these updates, and can only see Jeff trying to make us spend more RT/RRT in combat so that we purchase his upgrades and TCs.
Stronger monster is a good thing I personally feel the are much much too weak and should be stronger. but yes worrying about your players spending money to much is bad and makes the developers look greedy(take Nexon when I started playing they said that people who pay will never get an advantage over people who don't pay( they had a cash shop for clothes and weapon covers and stuff like that) then they released 2x exp cards...

2. Take your time with patches, to ensure numerous bugs won't appear. I don't mind the extra 3 minutes, but numerous bugs that shouldn't be there if they were tested that people get TCs for, is quite ridiculous.
see my post

3. Focus more on deeper, more meaningful gameplay. Don't use level caps as your last resort to keep people here, make PvP fun, make wars fun, hold tournaments in Nod, hell put a strip bar in the center of it. Make Nod more fun, it has gotten repetitive, and more time consuming so that you can milk the money from the players.
I agree with this very much Right now Nod is more of a chatroom with a game attached

4. Quit worrying so much about balancing the classes, if everything was balanced then Nod wouldn't be fun, interesting, or surprising. Besides, there is always going to be something people will whine about to throw the balance off-scale.
Balance is a good thing it is no fun if everyone is all the same class and the same build it takes away from exploring and trying different styles

5. Add more content to the game, expand the map, and add more mobs/bosses to add more things to spend our time on. Hell, we all know how much time you want us to spend so you can milk us.
I agree with this very much right now the game is like driving through a tunnel and once you get to the end you hit a wall and are stuck pissed off and nothing to do but sit and talk

6. When Nod was small, singling out people and humiliating them would have been alright. However, as Nod is expanding, keep that down to a minimum as not everyone gets the jokes, and you want to set a good record for new players.
It is Very funny ^.^ but it is also very bad take this example a player checking out the game goes to see the forums to try and check the community and sees the developer bashing a player do you thing he would want to play after seeing the person who made it make fun of a player?

7. Add some random events to make sure people stay in front of the computer. Even add some mini-games, and other things.

I think we should have whack a seer, a game like reversi or checkers using gems that you collect, and Gem Chess where you select a number of gems and battle people on a board kind of like chess also using gems you collect

8. Add monthly and weekly events like you said you would. Hell, add some daily quests that have a small chance to drop some rare, unique equipment.

a game I played WAY back had monthly contest where you won an extra max level on your kingdom character for doing random things like killing the most towers or healing a castle mate from the verge of death you got x amount of points and the winner at the end got a 1 level max level increase and could not win on that character next month

9. Keep us updated on what you are currently doing/working on. Maybe provide screenies as like teasers. This way we may be able to provide some meaningful suggestions, and make it so levels 20+ can post in such a thread so not everyone can spam and make class overpowering suggestions.

There is the to do list but it doesn't get updated that often doesn't have a progress bar and isn't very good no information list it is like a reminder for jeff

10. Ban the accounts and IPs of the periodic spammers that spam here, and delete the posts they make.

Yes Yes Yes

11. Hire more people Jeff. We love you, but we love the updates as well. You may not want to spend money, but Jeff this game isn't a one person, two person, or a three person job. This way updates can go faster, you can have extra testers/programmers to help, and there will be less bugs.
I agree more people would be good but with more people comes more opinions on how things should go and how things should be and it might make nodiatis worse I think The people/person at Glitchless is doing a good job

Jeff, if you take any offense to this, I apologize, but some things did need to be pointed out as some things are getting a bit out of hand.

Jeff, we the players of Nod love you and your game, but lately your updates have been lacking that finesse, that excitement, that suspense feeling that makes someone want to rush and spend 35 dollars just to use that update.

Right now, some of the updates have been lacking, much like the procrastinator who waits until the last minute.

Add some more people to your staff Jeff and you will be able to spend more time with the players and get feedback, like you did when it was smaller and more manageable by one guy.

Jeff i am posting as a player concerned for the future of Nodiatis. I only ask that you read with an open mind, and don't rush to that banhammer for a player speaking out.
Responces are in bold

Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #16
sherman

Thank you for your response Sap, I think it best to get a variety of people with different responses so Jeff can see what his players think.

Jeff are you ready to quit being a smart allec or are you going to continue to ignore this?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
So, do you disagree with my other points?
nope I posted them in a different post

Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #18
Seer's BFF

Do you think you're his mother or something Sherman? Dev's don't have time to answer to every over-zealous poster's beck and call.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #19
sherman

Lurkee you are new here so I will give the benefit of the doubt.

Nodiatis has changed for the worst, since the end of Beta. Jeff made a smart allec comment, that could many things. For one it could mean he doesn't take the player base seriously anymore, and has no intentions of changing.

So Lurkee, please read my OP and make comments as to what you think.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:55 PM   #20
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you for your response Sap, I think it best to get a variety of people with different responses so Jeff can see what his players think.

Jeff are you ready to quit being a smart allec or are you going to continue to ignore this?
I apologize if you were offended. The point of the post was to illustrate that your suggestions are quite presumptuous considering that my name is Mike and I handle all forum related inquiries for Nodiatis. We do our best to read all user game suggestions, consider them, and add them to our very long queue of things that will eventually be added to the game. A good way to have your suggestions put to the bottom of the list is to start it on the premise that all our recent game additions have somehow been made with the sole purpose of "getting you to pay more".

If you want your game suggestions to be heard try to do so without being offensive and keep them short and not over-specified.