Old 07-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
Pasterqb

Mike Hawk?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
sherman

That is something us, the players, did not know.

I like to be specific because vagueness leads to false implications and it leaves room for interpretations.

Many of us players feel that the way updates have been going, the goal is to chew up RT. If this is not the case, then disregard it.

Because of the miscommunication, I shall, politely, redirect you to my 9th suggestion, keep us updated on goals, projects, and allow more communication.

Thanks and have a good day, Mike.

Edit: It would be helpful if different Glitchless Admins had different names, with the same gear symbol. That would leave many speculations about Jeff, who many of us though you were,out.

Last edited by sherman; 07-25-2009 at 10:02 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
Administrator

We are trying to keep players more informed about future updates with our todo list sticked in one forum and our announcement of the upcoming epic gems that have a release date of the 14th of August. We will hopefully have more of these announcements and dates for upcoming patches since we are learning how much players look forward to them.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
my name is Mike and I handle all forum related inquiries for Nodiatis.
LMAO all i can think is OWNT sherman

Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #25
sherman

Morro, I suggest you don't be a douche in a thread that is/was not intended for such a thing.

Morro, no one knew that the Glitchless Admin controlling the forums, was Mike. So I would like to say that you think before posting, especially considering you have a grudge.

I for one congratulate him for actually revealing the truth, and I would appreciate any future information regarding the Glitchless crew so I know exactly who to applaud, instead of just Jeff, the one person we came to regard as the overseer of Nodiatis.

It may not mean much Mike, but I will give you reputation for finally shedding some light on the crew behind the Glitchless Company.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman
Morro, I suggest you don't be a douche in a thread that is/was not intended for such a thing.

Morro, no one knew that the Glitchless Admin controlling the forums, was Mike. So I would like to say that you think before posting, especially considering you have a grudge.
1. Read the credits. For people to honestly believe this game is made and managed by the same person is ridiculous so get some god dam common sense.

2. I'm not trying to be a douche im trying to be a " smart allec "

Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #27
sherman

I did read the credits, but Mike was not mentioned in there now was he?

Also, I never said Jeff did everything, I apologize if that is what you implied. I do however, know that Jeff did have help with coding, and had guessed that someone else was doing forum control.

I would like for you to quit trolling me, cut down on the profane language outside of uncivil chat/forums, and quit being a douche based on an argument that occurred hours ago..

Edit: I think Mike deserves to be mentioned in the credits for the work and the BS I, and many other players cause. Also, for him not lashing out at players for all of the stupidity that goes on here, I am too blame as well as others.

Last edited by sherman; 07-25-2009 at 10:19 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #28
Gem Pouch Expert

LOL im not trying to Troll you this post seemed like the only active post in ideas and suggestions at the time and that was the only thing i could think of to respond with. take it how you wanted it wasnt meant in an extremely offense way, just a nudge.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #29
Seer's BFF

Sherman it's funny to see you complain about someone trolling you when I've seen multiple posts of yours get infracted for being a douche to people

and your avatar...

Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #30
sherman

I appreciate you attempt at trying to take it back after I had pointed out what it really meant.

However, maybe next time you should choose your wording more carefully, like not using GD in the civil forums, and posting incessantly.

I for one kind of feel bad for making such blatant accusations and assumptions of the forum mod we now know as Mike.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #31
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkee
Sherman it's funny to see you complain about someone trolling you when I've seen multiple posts of yours get infracted for being a douche to people

and your avatar...
I never once proclaimed to have been innocent.

Nor have I complained. I was stating the facts, without bias, and without emotion, just plain stating.

Btw, the "multiple posts" are only 3.

You are trolling as well btw, you don't want to be seen as a hypocrite now do you?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #32
Seer's BFF

A hypocrite is someone that complains about something that they themselves do. Since I'm not complaining about being trolled the hypocrite is you my dear boy.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #33
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkee
A hypocrite is someone that complains about something that they themselves do. Since I'm not complaining about being trolled the hypocrite is you my dear boy.
You are complaining about trolling, are doing so.

People like you make it hard to be nice and patient to the people of the forums. Then you complain about trolls.

Lurkee, have a nice day.

Edit: If no one else has anything else on topic to add, I am going to limit my posting in this thread, to prevent crap storms.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #34
Vaht

So Glitchless is a shared account used by anyone/several people at the company? Or are you the one who handles all the announcements too? I guess being a new player makes me a little naive, but I honestly don't get where the name Jeff came from anyway.

(FYI to players, yes I'm talking to you experienced players who think they know who they're talking to: Not once has Glitchless signed a post as Jeff, or even alluded to it, so where did this whole "Jeff, we want this, that, or the other thing" come from anyway?) Sure, Jeff is the programmer/devoloper according to the credits, but that doesn't make him the owner (necessarily) does it? There are no management positions listed anywhere on the Nodiatis credit pages, and nothing at all on the glitchless company page to indicate this person named "Jeff" or any other person is in charge.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. So do as "Glitchless" suggests, and oh ya, go play more Nodiatis.

PS. I am in no way related to the company, other than being a new player who just waits patiently to see what comes of things.

PPS. I love to rant, sorry about that.

[edit] PPPS. I also see there have been 13 other posts made while I was typing this

Old 07-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #35
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaht
So Glitchless is a shared account used by anyone/several people at the company? Or are you the one who handles all the announcements too? I guess being a new player makes me a little naive, but I honestly don't get where the name Jeff came from anyway.

(FYI to players, yes I'm talking to you experienced players who think they know who they're talking to: Not once has Glitchless signed a post as Jeff, or even alluded to it, so where did this whole "Jeff, we want this, that, or the other thing" come from anyway?) Sure, Jeff is the programmer/devoloper according to the credits, but that doesn't make him the owner (necessarily) does it? There are no management positions listed anywhere on the Nodiatis credit pages, and nothing at all on the glitchless company page to indicate this person named "Jeff" or any other person is in charge.

Sorry for the rant, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. So do as "Glitchless" suggests, and oh ya, go play more Nodiatis.

PS. I am in no way related to the company, other than being a new player who just waits patiently to see what comes of things.

PPS. I love to rant, sorry about that.
In older posts I do believe it was in fact Jeff who did the posting, he even came out and stated it IIRC.

Apparently there was a transition of users we weren't notified of, leading us to still assume the Glitchless in the forums was still Jeff.

I give the benefit of the doubt as you have admitted to being new.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #36
Vaht

I don't doubt that Jeff has made a lot of the posts in the past, or even still for that matter. Even though I'm new here, I know how to work a forum and what I'm saying is that I did a forum searched for all posts by "Glitchless" containing the term Jeff (there are only 13). None of these indicate Glitchless == Jeff. Regardless of where it originated from, hopefully this thread will cause people to take a second look at how Glitchless as a company is run.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #37
sherman

*Sighs*

Please re-read my post.

I covered the reason why.

True, it might have been Mike all along, we will have to leave it up to Glitchless to clarify won't we?

Edit: Sorry I am tired and didn't fully read your post.

Yes, hopefully people will stop flaming Jeff for forum control or other things. Maybe now, the people who really deserve the credit will get it.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #38
Nosebatter

Quote:
Jeff I enjoy the game, but I feel some things have been lost along the way as Nodiatis has grown.

1. Quit worrying about making us pay more. To clarify: no I am not complaining about not being able to afford STD/Prem account. I am looking at these updates, and can only see Jeff trying to make us spend more RT/RRT in combat so that we purchase his upgrades and TCs.

2. Take your time with patches, to ensure numerous bugs won't appear. I don't mind the extra 3 minutes, but numerous bugs that shouldn't be there if they were tested that people get TCs for, is quite ridiculous.

3. Focus more on deeper, more meaningful gameplay. Don't use level caps as your last resort to keep people here, make PvP fun, make wars fun, hold tournaments in Nod, hell put a strip bar in the center of it. Make Nod more fun, it has gotten repetitive, and more time consuming so that you can milk the money from the players.

4. Quit worrying so much about balancing the classes, if everything was balanced then Nod wouldn't be fun, interesting, or surprising. Besides, there is always going to be something people will whine about to throw the balance off-scale.

5. Add more content to the game, expand the map, and add more mobs/bosses to add more things to spend our time on. Hell, we all know how much time you want us to spend so you can milk us.

6. When Nod was small, singling out people and humiliating them would have been alright. However, as Nod is expanding, keep that down to a minimum as not everyone gets the jokes, and you want to set a good record for new players.

7. Add some random events to make sure people stay in front of the computer. Even add some mini-games, and other things.

8. Add monthly and weekly events like you said you would. Hell, add some daily quests that have a small chance to drop some rare, unique equipment.

9. Keep us updated on what you are currently doing/working on. Maybe provide screenies as like teasers. This way we may be able to provide some meaningful suggestions, and make it so levels 20+ can post in such a thread so not everyone can spam and make class overpowering suggestions.

10. Ban the accounts and IPs of the periodic spammers that spam here, and delete the posts they make.

11. Hire more people Jeff. We love you, but we love the updates as well. You may not want to spend money, but Jeff this game isn't a one person, two person, or a three person job. This way updates can go faster, you can have extra testers/programmers to help, and there will be less bugs.

Jeff, if you take any offense to this, I apologize, but some things did need to be pointed out as some things are getting a bit out of hand.

Jeff, we the players of Nod love you and your game, but lately your updates have been lacking that finesse, that excitement, that suspense feeling that makes someone want to rush and spend 35 dollars just to use that update.

Right now, some of the updates have been lacking, much like the procrastinator who waits until the last minute.

Add some more people to your staff Jeff and you will be able to spend more time with the players and get feedback, like you did when it was smaller and more manageable by one guy.

Jeff i am posting as a player concerned for the future of Nodiatis. I only ask that you read with an open mind, and don't rush to that banhammer for a player speaking out.
1, 2, 3 and 4: What Sap said.

5 I can't tell as I'm still on the road.

6 It's Glitchless' business whom they make fun of since they are the only ones who have to deal with any consequences. I'm also not sure who and what you are referring to. Madonna/Slowdive complaining about the BM buff? S/exyy unleashed unto civil? Someone else?

7 Random events good.

8 Just be patient.

9 Glitchless started to announce major updates at some point, which they didn't do from the beginning and which I'm sure was introduced because people said they want to know what's going on. I don't ask for more.

10 Don't care.

11 It often takes a while to introduce new people to your project and the coding, so that an extension of personnel initially results in a slowed down developement. It also adds a lot of stress. You might need new equipment, new offices, etc. You can't focus as much on your baby because you have to take care of your employees. You have to coordinate and discuss changes, as opposed to just introduce them at your whim or else you might have a lot of trouble with /bugs because someone did something you weren't aware of and /employees who feel you decide too much over their heads.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #39
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosebatter
1, 2, 3 and 4: What Sap said.

5 I can't tell as I'm still on the road.

6 It's Glitchless' business whom they make fun of since they are the only ones who have to deal with any consequences. I'm also not sure who and what you are referring to. Madonna/Slowdive complaining about the BM buff? S/exyy unleashed unto civil? Someone else?

7 Random events good.

8 Just be patient.

9 Glitchless started to announce major updates at some point, which they didn't do from the beginning and which I'm sure was introduced because people said they want to know what's going on. I don't ask for more.

10 Don't care.

11 It often takes a while to introduce new people to your project and the coding, so that an extension of personnel initially results in a slowed down developement. It also adds a lot of stress. You might need new equipment, new offices, etc. You can't focus as much on your baby because you have to take care of your employees. You have to coordinate and discuss changes, as opposed to just introduce them at your whim or else you might have a lot of trouble with /bugs because someone did something you weren't aware of and /employees who feel you decide too much over their heads.
Valid points, but in any event, is purely up to Glitchless whether or not we deserve to know if stuff like this is already in progress, or whatever else.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
3. Focus more on deeper, more meaningful gameplay. Don't use level caps as your last resort to keep people here, make PvP fun, make wars fun, hold tournaments in Nod, hell put a strip bar in the center of it. Make Nod more fun, it has gotten repetitive, and more time consuming so that you can milk the money from the players.
Have you been on the moon lately? There are a bunch of patches that made this game more fun than it ever was. Numerous new gems, buffs to classes, mobs got harder, clan wars, runes, ... Myself I've always been around as one of the highest players in the game, and I still see plenty of things to achieve. And i see plenty of things to have fun with.

It's time to lift the level cap to its final stage: i.e. 80. The reason for this is very simple: to finish skills and get all different builds. One will kick suiting to 100, another one will kick dual wield to 100, ... it's a total waste to do this at level 70 when you know the cap will increase one day.

The conditions to have fun with wars & pvp are there. It's up to the players to make it interesting. I have some ideas how to fine tune it, but in general it works. Same with the runes. Thing is, it will take time to build that up. Same with the clans. Not enough top clans around, not enough capped players around. Another reason to lift the cap if you ask me.

On a sidenote, ever since I've discovered nod I've been looking for a similar game: the same amount of deep skills, stats & builds. So far I haven't found a single one that comes even close.

Quote:
5. Add more content to the game, expand the map, and add more mobs/bosses to add more things to spend our time on. Hell, we all know how much time you want us to spend so you can milk us.
That can be easily achieved by lifting the cap. There are zones available we can't access or grind yet.

Quote:
7. Add some random events to make sure people stay in front of the computer. Even add some mini-games, and other things.
If this is to prevent cheating i think nodiatis has the perfect balance now. No annoying captcha's, and you have to loot the mob. No one is waiting for extra annoying stuff.

Quote:
11. Hire more people Jeff. We love you, but we love the updates as well. You may not want to spend money, but Jeff this game isn't a one person, two person, or a three person job. This way updates can go faster, you can have extra testers/programmers to help, and there will be less bugs.
Lol. More programmers here will just mean more bugs Not sure if you were ever involved in a development project, but I can assure you that as soon as a 3rd person needs to learn a complete code base, bugs are guaranteed. Face it, nodiatis has a pretty high standard in speed, downtime, few bugs, ... and from what I understand jeff does that alone. What makes you think that hiring a 3rd party will improve this quality?

All in all i find that your suggestions sound very negative. This is not my feeling nor the one of the players I use to talk to.

Last edited by zenga; 07-26-2009 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: a typo or 3