Boss Glitch?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
thugernot

Default Boss Glitch?

This has happend to me alot now the boss is beating me and I figure I will die and no chance of winning so I start trying to flee I fail I fail then look crit hit crit hit boss dead yay but then I do Flee losing the drops forever and not even hitting the exit button is this a glitch or can you guys plz make it so u can't flee like that I rather die and have a chance of getting the items then run and live and never get the items again

Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #2
Rare Collector

If you couldnt flee after a fight was over then youd be stuck in a fight for well over 2 minutes when grouped with people that tend to go afk during fighting, I doubt itll change for any kind of mob, even bosses.

*edit* if you can win in 2 crits, the boss isnt beating you and you should try to tough it out, this phenomina will stop happening to you altogether.

Last edited by Middington; 07-25-2009 at 12:35 AM..

Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
thugernot

that point is good but there must be a fix I mean I do not even hit the escape when it happens just happens at the end of the fight then I lose my treasure could they not make it so it auto picks up the stuff if u flee? i mean it only drops the treasure once so kinda a big kick in the balls when this happens over and over

Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Auction Master

Wait, you were dieing the boss. Then you ESCAPED after killing the boss (which you killed in two hits), why did you escape after killing the boss in two hits? I mean if you killed the boss in two hits then he wasn't beating you. Operator Error imo.

I assume this is the fisherman, the only problem when starting out is that you have really uber low health, get yourself a heal gem and you'll /pwnt the ogre and fisherman like its no ones business.

Also, some people go afk in boss fights for 5-10 minutes at a time, this will become fairly annoying because you're wasting rt because your partner isn't at his/her keyboard to click the EXIT button in the looting stage. So what people do is find an escape gem, take their loot and escape the battle so they can continue leveling. If this escape feature was removed you'll wind up wasting 2 minutes or up to 6 minute of rt/rrt because of their group mates afk-ness.

To sum all this up:

No.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Last edited by Hunters Bane; 07-25-2009 at 01:31 AM..

Old 07-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
thugernot

so far it has happened to the fisherman the ogre thing and the yellow lizard that was lvl 5 and I can not find heal gems any either of the towns i get to

Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Rare Collector

you can get negative rep for being the sole victim of a bug?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
thugernot

not really a bug just messed up programming look at the pk setup I read this game was based on pk and here it is just not ment for it at all then u get the it only drops loot once deal and your losing the battle so u figure hey lets run and get stronger be4 trying again but crap luck the last few hits u get are max damage hits or crit hits then your run goes through as u kill the boss so u get the exp the reward but no items kinda down side to the upside the other guys point out....and I care about rep on a game with people I will never meet in real life why?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #8
Auction Master

Heal gems are sold in mostly everytown inside the pet shop, you'll need to work on a few skills first but its worth it. Nod is not soley revolved around PK'ing.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #9
thugernot

pk is like out of the ball park here....would be fun if changed the perma death thing they got dualing which i give props to but there should be like arenas or certain areas where it is safe to pk and you can earn exp or cash or some other sort of reward game has good potential but like any other games has flaws just idk I just my opinion on that stuff everything else I like about the game so far tho

Old 07-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #10
Auction Master

You do not get Permadeath from dueling, only death matching and player killing.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #11
thugernot

i know ment perma death pking is kinda stupid but at least u can duel

Old 07-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #12
Ehlmaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugernot
could they not make it so it auto picks up the stuff if u flee?
While I do agree that Operator Error is a major cause for this particular issue, the above is not a bad idea. Preventing an escape while there is still loot available that is flagged for your character would prevent such Operator Errors in the future, and I believe should be well within Jeff's ability to program - after all, he gave us a warning pop-up when clicking Exit before looting all that is ours. Why not another one when Escaping before looting all that is ours?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:08 AM   #13
Administrator

The next patch will prevent these accidental escapes:
You cannot escape until 10 seconds after looting has begun to prevent accidental victory escapes.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #14
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You cannot escape until 10 seconds after looting has begun to prevent accidental victory escapes.
Whoa...no please? Pkers have to wait 10secs to escape?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:32 AM   #15
Temporarily Suspended

you can not ESCAPE can still e xit

Old 07-25-2009, 03:22 AM   #16
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapreaver
you can not ESCAPE can still e xit
Escaping is a safer tactic, exit u sit there and get forced on/enter combat.

THINK Sappy, THINK!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #17
Temporarily Suspended

Hmmm true enough but... if you exit you are free to move further ahead rather then back wards

Old 07-25-2009, 03:38 AM   #18
Ehlmaris

Quote:
*calls dibs on saying the right thing to get this implemented*

Old 07-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
Auction Master

Quote:
Um....no
Captaincrunch

Devildriver