Sylvain Bowman Encounters
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
Cheezwhiz

Default Sylvain Bowman Encounters

I was solo grouped with a character that had to kill the Sylvain Bowman boss in spruce woods. I encountered him near the center, static location, yadda yadda.
Three times. while moving north.
Are the multiple static locations of the Bowman intentional?
Please note, did not run from the boss, I slaughtered him twice, then the third time (I had moved from the original location) he got some frickin lucky trishots.
He bloodlets and parries while wielding a bow? This also seems strange.
Cheers,
Cheez

Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
Seer's BFF

Yes this is normal, you will keep hitting the boss as "static" if someone in your group needs it.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Cheezwhiz

So every space I hit in the area will be a static location encounter? That sounds strange. Why doesn't it start that way? Do you have to hit the actual boss location first, and then you get the boss encounter wherever you go in the area?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

As long as there is someone in your group who either hasn't killed the particular boss or has it as an open quest, you will keep hitting bosses at their static locations. Note the plural as a boss static location is usually spread out over multiple squares.

So the solution is either to help kill your group member that boss, walk around the boss if possible or just dump your fellow member.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Cheezwhiz

Thanks Zenga, I was unsure about the multiple locations. I hadn't encountered that sort of thing before, considering it seems the previous bosses did only have 1 location.