Boss kills with no drop
Old 07-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
DrXavier

Default Boss kills with no drop

How come i finish both the MD3 and the Orc Fort boss with the message that I already kill this boss and no drop? yet I did not kill either boss yet?

Old 07-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

did you pk and get pkked and not reroll? did you fight it as a random boss and not realize it? did you fight it in a group?
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
DrXavier

Fight in group, yes, but directions say even if in group on first time boss kill you still get drop

Old 07-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
Epic Scholar

most likely hunny, at some point in time, you have already fought the boss. whether you were grouped with someone else and didnt notice it, or soloed it by yourself, and then fought it as a group the second time. whether grouped or soloing it, you only get a drop the first time you fight it.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
DrXavier

I make guarantee that I have never been to the orc fort before this trip and that I had NEVER killed it before but maybe the problem is that the group I was with had a level 50 so it was "trivial" for him?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
seletchi

maybe when you were level 10 some higher player helped you and you forgot.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
DrXavier

Once again, I will say that I have never been to orc fort before this kill

If I had been, I would remember it

if you want to call me a liar, then maybe you are full of ****!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
sherman

You don't always get a drop from a boss.

I have killed the ogre boss before and have not gotten any loot. That was a newly created alt.

You just got unlucky.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
DrXavier

if that is the case why does the intro screen tell you that guarantee the boss drops if its your first time to kill it? and I have 2 bosses - actually 3 now that not give me any drop because it swear I already kill this boss, and it lies

Is the problem that maybe I had lvl 50 help at lvl 24 going for the orc fort?

Old 07-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Maydon

That shouldn't be the problem. Even if you are being aided by a player who the boss is greyed out for, you should still get the drop for killing the boss the first time.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Auction Master

You've already fought the boss so you get no loot, because most likely you got loot the first time. You say you don't remember but the game says otherwise. I forget things all the time, like what I had for breakfast yesterday, what I did last saturday etc. You can kill bosses but not have completed the quest because you didn't ask for it...happens to me all the time.

Suck it up and move on.
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
Auction Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrXavier
if you want to call me a liar, then maybe you are full of ****!
Captaincrunch

Devildriver

Old 07-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Bane
You've already fought the boss so you get no loot, because most likely you got loot the first time. You say you don't remember but the game says otherwise. I forget things all the time, like what I had for breakfast yesterday, what I did last saturday etc. You can kill bosses but not have completed the quest because you didn't ask for it...happens to me all the time.

Suck it up and move on.
Dude where's my car?

I wish the game remembered what happened to my car for me.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #14
Vaht

I agree with the OP that it should be pretty easy to remember if you have never been in a zone before. Also, I don't know about you higher level people, but fighting bosses for me are fairly memorable events. Usually that's because they beat the [fill in what you want here] out of me.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
Boss Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Nighthawk

I logged on after a weekend a while ago to find I had grouped with Nemi and killed a few bosses.

Couldn't remember though cause I was too drunk

Old 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #16
Vaht

Ah yes, I can see how playing while drunk may cause some problems. It's probably not the best thing to do, though I guess it's better than say, driving drunk.