Known Scammers/Thieves
Old 07-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
One Bad Wiz

Angry Known Scammers/Thieves

I think we should keep a list of players who are known to rip off others through lying and or cheating.

The first name I'd like to put on this list is JAYM.

JAYM gave me a sob story that he couldn't afford the price of an item I had on AH and asked if I would lower the price. So, I lowered the price for him, then he wants to trade an item +35k gold for my item. I agreed to the trade and then he asks if he can "pay me later". And like a dumbass I gave him the item on credit. Now he won't respond to requests for the rest of what he owes me (35k gold). And apparently has me on ignore. So I think this is the next best route. Maybe if we all pull together and put an embargo on these ripoff morons, this would make the game a lot better for us all.

Feel free to add others to the list, if they have genuinely ripped you off.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 AM   #2
One Bad Wiz

Jaym acknowledged that he would owe me the +35k gold on top of the deal. So, yes I am positive he knew exactly what the trade invilved.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
Ehlmaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx
you sure thats what you agreed on? I cant even understand the guy.

anyway in theory his wife is running his char now so that might be part of the problem.
"someone else was on my char" = ridiculously old excuse used by RWK scammers trying to cover their tracks. This is why character sharing was banned there. Not only because some would log characters owned by friends and rob those friends, but also to give Jeff one more excuse to ban people who are pretending that it wasn't them on the character when the scam occurred.

Someone remind me... is character sharing legal in Nod? Don't feel like looking it up myself, but it is relevant in that if it is illegal, Jaym may deserve a ban.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:50 AM   #4
Temporarily Suspended

nope it isn;t legal Lord Ehl

Old 07-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Ehlmaris

As I thought. So if Jaym is no longer under the control of its original character and we can get whoever is on there to admit this in open chat while Jeff is on we may be able to get the character banned.

I would not, however, hold on to any hope that you might get the gold you're owed, Wiz. As much as I like Jeff and his games, he has in the past had a habit of taking the "get scammed once, learn your lesson so you don't get scammed again" school of thought. This is in addition to the "get scammed twice, you obviously didn't learn the first time and need further instruction" philosophy.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that accepting a 35k IOU makes you a "dumbass" as you stated in the original post here, it certainly wasn't a bright idea... Never accept an IOU, unless you would trust that person with IRL cash.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

This thread is worth reading as it contains some answers from jeff.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Auction Master

Jaym has always been incoherent anyhow, can't understand why you'd even bother with him.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
One Bad Wiz

It's not about the gold he owes me at all. 35k isn't going to break me, but I wanted to be sure everyone else knew of Jaym's likelyhood of ripping other players off. While I agree 35k is an expensive lesson, it's money well spent if someone is exposed as a thief and a liar.

Hopefully, no one else will conduct business with him and he will have little access to victimize others in the future.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
richp

well since you got back to nod (Ehlmaris), char sharing/selling/trading has become common practice. Some members openly in chat and the forums have said they have "acquired" someone else's char and jeff has done nothing about it. There has even been clan stealing and still nothing has been done.

In regards to the original poster you will probably never get your 35k back and I would take this as a lesson's learned. There are a lot of known scammers and resellers in this game ask in both chats before making a deal like the one you did for Jaym. Most scammers will not be vouched for by anyone.