newbie question about dex
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Honder

Default newbie question about dex

Hi, I'm quite new here and looking for somebody who can explain me something.

I've noticed that group members with a "piercing" weapon and high dex most of the time do damage, which is higher than their maximum weapon damage.
One player for example had a charrged dagger 7-21 and he did on average 23-25 damage on every hit!
Don't tell me that this is critical hitting, while it would be a good explanation but I've seen newbies at level 3 wielding a piercing weapon, and doing higher-than weapon-maxdamage with a lot of successive hits in a row.

When asked, they claimed that you need a lot of dex but this sounds like a bug? Afaik strength does more damage, and dex lets you hit more often so I'm confused, is dex really that important? And should I reroll going for piercing weapons, I'm now into slashing and got high strength.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Slashing requires dex for accuracy and str for max damage
Piercing requires only dex, which determines both your accuracy & max strength, i.e. it's believed that str does not affect pierces.
Crushing requires only str, which determines both your accuracy & max strength, i.e. it's believed that dex does not affect crushers.

Now keep in mind that you need dex if you want to parry, and that you need str for blocking with a shield.

You shouldn't reroll, either weapon is fine. Piercing weapons are not very popular, but they got a few buffs lately so its a good choice.

About doing damage over your weapon's max without critting: that is very normal.

The best idea is to read the stats description on top of your stats window (hover over dex, str, etc and read it careful).

Last edited by zenga; 06-23-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
Honder

Thanks for the quick reply.
I think I understood.. will try out a crushing weapon since I only raised str and hope that works.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Emperor006

Try out the bone bound warclub (lvl 12 or 13 2H crusher) with a lot of Str. You'll be hooked in no time.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #5
Jon
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor006
You'll be hooked in no time.
Like Milf on crack...

Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Temporarily Suspended

Hahaha goin crush is good good luck with it