Pet damage
Old 06-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
meettm

Default Pet damage

Ok so i have been looking here for a little while now and cannot seem to find an answer to this. For pets do any of your stat's affect how much damage they do, or how often they hit?
I know that the diffrent stat's affect diffrent weapons/ spells you use, str dex int, but do any of these have an effect on pets?

Old 06-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
richp

Jeff's answer was stat enchacements to pets are as intended. as in the stone you put on the pet has the intended effect...

so the way I take that is since pets do melee damage any increase to STR would increase the max damage of the pet. same with dex. I guess you would think of it as fighting without a weapon (bare fisted)

As far as INT goes...on healing pets there has not been anyone that has confirmed it increases the amount of healing the pet does, even though you see people with +20 int stones on them. Jeff has not said for sure yes or no on that, just as intended. So take that however you want.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
meettm

Ok so if i am reading you right my stats have no effect on the pet i have, but if i use a stone... say up the pets str of a melee pet it may do a little more damage. But if i have a very high str it will not have any change to the pets damage?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

no. pets have their own stats, and your stats dont affect them.

you can make them a tiny bit better by altering their stats with enchanting stones.

raising beastmastery skills is the best way to make your pet more powerful. even still, unless you autoattack with whips, pets have such a small affect that beastmastery skills seem like a waste unless you have tons of trophies to burn. just raise beastmastery high enough to equip the pet you want and focus on your main damage dealing abilities

Old 06-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
meettm

Thank you.
Just wanted to make sure that i did not have to raise any stats to get extra out of pets. now i understang why pets have stats, i feel a little dumb now...

Old 06-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Temporarily Suspended

Ok

Str = pets ability to do max damage
dex = pets chance to hit

int = Posibilty of doing a max heal(unconfirmed)

if your petmanship skill is low compared to foes suiting you will do lower damage

ferocity increases pet damage 0.25% per point
Loyalty increases pet healing by 0.75% per point(Need a whip)

Old 06-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
meettm

Ok this question is not on pets but on whips. What melee stat do i want to raise for them?

Old 06-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

whips = slashers, you only need to raise whips under petmanship and the supportive melee stats (like double attack, dual wield, crit, overcrit, ...)

Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #9
Boss Hunter

Just added +18 str stone to sheep and it's max damage increased by 3 points. Level 50 ferocity increases sheep's max damage by 3 points as well. So for beastmaster +str stone for pet is really helpful.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
Temporarily Suspended

nice Vhazar, I am going to be putting 20 str stones on my sheep :P