Two big problems on mac
Old 06-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Two big problems on mac

For some reason on macs don't work 'ESC' and after pressing 'SPACE' message line just pops up. It is impossible to mine quickly if I don't want to put blank messages in chat. From now on if someone want to complain, all complaints go to Jeff for not doing his job right.

Found only one way to partially solve this - need to turn off chat.

Last edited by Seselis; 06-18-2009 at 01:32 AM..

Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
sherman

Or maybe it is your fault? Whenever I just press space bar my chat doesn't pop up. I suggest you thoroughly inspect the problem before blaming Jeff.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
Boss Hunter

Do you use Mac? If so, which one? My is Mac OS X 10.5.7. Java is the latest one.
Also i want to know if your screen constantly refreshes? If no, what you did to achieve that?

And do you know why everything freezes in battle if i do not move mouse?

Last edited by Seselis; 06-19-2009 at 12:19 AM..

Old 06-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
sherman

It is true that there are many problems with Mac users, I am not going to deny that. Check to make sure you don't have your tabs set to refresh after a set time. By screen freezing, do you mean that you have to reboot your computer to continue playing? If no, then specify.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

you can make it dissappear by just removing everything from line and then hitting enter

Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccyx
Memory problem, nod seems to like to fragment ram, quit the browser and log back in and it should clear up. I seem to remember reading that nod likes at least 2 gigs of ram if you have more than that Id say it a run time error and probably the fault of sun microsystems rather than jeff.

Again I am going to attribute this to lack of memory.

this is all just speculation on my part based on the error messages I get (I have one gig of ram myself). If it turns out you do have enough ram and jeff can fix this then you've saved me a lot of cash and headaches.
Well actually I get the exact same black windows/time outs when I use the latest java version. I run linux, and the only way to solve this is by running an older version of java (1;6.0_07). It's not a memory problem here as my machine has 16 gyg of ram.

Nod is now working for me the way I expected it to and all good

As for the spacebar: I've noticed the same behavior on some browsers and with some clients (on linux), it really seems to be worth to try another browser and see if it works.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

I will try some suggestions and write here.

Quote:
By screen freezing, do you mean that you have to reboot your computer to continue playing? If no, then specify.
It is as zenga wrote. There are blackouts. No need for reboot.

And if i correctly remember my mac have at least 2 GB RAM. The browser i use is the standart for macs - safari. So, i think that is the problem

Oh, and yesterday i got JAVA update. Maybe some problems is solved. I hope.

Last edited by Seselis; 06-23-2009 at 12:00 AM..

Old 06-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
sherman

2 GB of RAM should be more than enough. If you use Safari and that turns out to be the problem, try Opera or Firefox.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
Boss Hunter

Correction, i have 3 GB of RAM. So, it is, indeed, more than enough. After new JAVA update blackouts are gone. Also no more "unable to" messages. Triple hurray to update.
But still left 'ESC', 'SPACE' and 'freezing on battles' problems. Now i will try and search more about Safari. Maybe it will solve 'ESC' and 'SPACE' problems (as i understand, there can be some incompatibilities between JAVA and Safari (or MAC) in handling pressed keys).

Old 06-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
Epic Scholar

i run bootcamp on my iMac so i use both windows and macOSX... on my mac side... it is frustrating sometimes...at best.... but in all honesty... it has improved in last 6 monthes.. around new years i could not play on mac cause as soon as i got messages i would LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGG......now.... not so much..

Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Epic Scholar

read what i said and install java 1.6 update 7, and the lag/black windows will be gone

Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #12
Boss Hunter

The biggest 'SPACE' problem on MAC's IS solved. Now i can enjoy Nod on my Mac

Old 07-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
Seer's BFF

you arent using dial up are you? lol

Old 07-15-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
Boss Hunter

What have dial-up and the space key in common?
Did you read about problems at all?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #15
Sir Otil'c

I am on a Macbook running Mac OS X (10.5.7) with 2.13GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM memory.

I am experiencing the same issue with the game applet not updating unless the mouse is moving. I did not have this problem on WinXP at work. I use my Macbook at home, and I will be trying to run the game in Vista under Parallels until this issue is resolved. This issue was experienced in Safari as of a few minutes ago.

If the admins need Mac testers, I would be happy to assist. ;-)

Last edited by Sir Otil'c; 07-15-2009 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: EDIT: Firefox works, but is EXTREMELY laggy. Neither browser makes the game playable.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:03 AM   #16
Epic Scholar

Sirotil, what java version do you use? I'm really not kidding when i say after 1.6 u7 on many non windows systems the game is not playable. So the solution is to install an older java version. That has always worked for me so far.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #17
Sir Otil'c

Angry

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_19-b02-304)

My biggest issue is the mouse issue. Unless the mouse is actively moving across the applet, the screen does not update, so there is no way to see whats going on in a battle unless you're constantly moving the mouse.

I'm on an older version (although it seems this is the newest version available for Macs, as this is what I got after trying to update). This issue happens only with Nod, so I'm hoping the issue will be corrected... For now, I'll keep my Nod gaming to screwing off during working hours at the office. ;-)