Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Player Guides and Help

Playing Multiple Characters - Trade among your chars or play grouped.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Playing Multiple Characters - Trade among your chars or play grouped.

Playing multiple characters at once is allowed in Nodiatis and is not exploitable by mass farming due to trade restrictions on free accounts.

The easiest way to play multiple chars at once is by simply opening multiple separate Chrome, IE, or Firefox windows and having Nodiatis run once in each. You may wish to use separate browser windows or simply separate tabs. Note, if you are multiboxing, i.e. sending commands to all your characters at once, you must be able to see the entirety of each characters' window at all times. If you are continually sending actions but are not responsive to an admin's inquiries, you risk being banned.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:09 AM   #2
Boss Hunter

I've never actually had a problem with crashing and i've played tabs since i started :/
call my computer a freak of nature i guess.

-----------------------------------------------
Made by Nikki

Old 06-25-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Camli

Multiple tabs is actually the only way I play two or three instances of the game (in Firefox) and it works fine.

In fact, I have much lower performance when i use multiple windows versus one window, multiple tabs. Weeeeeeeird.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

yeh multiple tabs are alright i prefer it but i have different windows for seperate groups lol and well i dont have a problem running more than 3 chars it only gets lagy after u get past 7 lol

Old 06-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Administrator

I haven't fully tested it but multiple tabs might work OK in Firefox so long as you let each one fully load before opening a new one. I think that in IE each tab takes a piece out of the same java memory pie thus making you start flushing images very quickly which isn't good.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Seer's BFF

if u let firefox load fully it works great. problems occur when opening tabs in quick succession. it freezes firefox.

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 06-25-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

yeh FF doesnt like quick loading it likes to take its time

and i gave up on IE when they brought out IE 7 it kinda sucked lol

i had to downgrade it to 6 as it was totally ****ing up my net

Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #8
Jerome

Too many people do this kinda takes the multiplayer out of the game a bit solo ftw, if you play 3 chars your trash and should die in a car fire. Grouping with other real life players makes things much more interesting

Old 06-26-2008, 07:59 AM   #9
Administrator

As more gems are implemented the game will require a lot more concentration per character and people will find themselves having a really hard time playing 3 characters at once. For instance, consider a gem that allows you to search your gem pouch and put any other gem into play... this will be a very powerful gem but it will be hard to use if you're controlling 3 characters at once. 3 friends may be able to accomplish far more than a single person playing 3 characters especially because efficient play is so crucial in Nodiatis due to adventure time... but we'll see how it goes. People playing multiple chars at once obviously are currently enjoying a huge advantage in the beta but that could change as the game develops.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #10
Somneil

I'm kinda on the one character at a time side of the fence.

I've tried playing with 3 characters and grouping with myself and for me its just a pain in the ass switching between instances to control them (Yes I can do it and with no problems, but I don't like it -- I prefer playing games with fluid interfaces). That leads me to feel discontent with the fact that other players are gaining an advantage over me simply because they're willing (in my perception) to put up with clunky interfacing.

On the other hand, I have nothing but fun when grouped with one or two other people. So far from what I've experienced, as long as they're around your level, everyone brings a lot to the table in a battle so you get much quicker fights and without all the window switching.

So I don't want to rain on the parade of all the multiplayers, but I hope combat does evolve to a point where it's unmanagable to play more than one account, but then again, I'm skeptical that it will. Players have a tendency to adapt somehow. And there are some really good players in Nodiatis already.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:31 AM   #11
Jerome

As the player base develops, it is growing at quite a rate at the moment i might add, it will be much more likely to find other players doing whatever your doing, and at the end of the day who is gonna progress faster, one characture with all time and effort put into its development solo exps and just does bosses etc in a group once its AT is up, or 3 together who exp at a 3rd the rate lose a % of their at each day to the inefficency of clicking exit battle 3 times etc. Solo Ftw.
car fire comment stands

Old 06-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
Seer's BFF

thing is jerome from looking at it and a few tries and expermients we figured tth in a group u dont actually lose much exp as u can kill a lot faster so if u can kill fast enough to make up for the exp split then u could probably get more exp from grouping

Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 AM   #13
Jerome

As jeff says, as the gem system gets more complex grouping with yourself will become far too awkward hopefully. I dont have anything against it as such like if people want to do it its fine. When i say **** like dip your balls in battery acid if your gonna group with yourself or whatever i said, im just messing i guess my point is its kinda antisocial know what im sayin?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #14
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well i think everyone has noticed by now you are a bit weird Jerome

Last edited by doctor-warlord; 06-30-2008 at 04:40 AM..

Old 06-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #15
Jerome

at least im fun dude

Old 06-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #16
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

not always but yeah you bring some fun in here but lets get back on topic here shall we

i dont plan on doing multiple characters in release though you neevr know i might make a few as i think soloing is the most fun i prefer to only group to kill bosses though if i was to make more then 1 character in release it would primarily be to get social skills up by sending gold back and forth between them

Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #17
Jerome

think theres trade restrictions in release dude, 99% sure it will affect that kinda thing too

Old 06-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #18
Auction Master

maybe so but if jeff wont tells if there is a restriction on it for certain then the only way to find out is to test it and that we can do regardless of what jeff says as there isnt a rule against testing it

Old 06-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #19
Jerome

there is 100% gonna be a restriction on trading with chars without subscriptions to prevent mass farming that is possible right now

Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #20
Auction Master

well when getting social xp your arent increasing the wealth of character through the trading as that is quickly taken away by tax