Hit/Miss percentages
Old 06-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
Phogue

Default Hit/Miss percentages

Could we have something like "55% chance to hit a level x monster" in the tooltip for dex? A "Enemies do x average damage to you" in the AC tooltip? I just don't know how much to keep these around. Do I have to much invested in a stat or am I way behind, could I have a much higher chance of doing max damage? etc. Don't need to go crazy (though it would be cool) but the basics for damage taken and given would be cool.

I know everything does alot but just having it respective to the character would be nifty like I'm using a slashing weapon so show me what my average damage and chance to hit with a slashing weapon would be for a monster my level.

I'm just saying all this since I've been playing for a week or so and I still have no clue how much is to much on anything. I don't know what I should be increasing, besides everything!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:40 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well i think such a feature would be complicated to have as there are many types of weapons and there is also gems to deal damage also ther is a lot of skills that effect damage dealt and recieved

but basically DEX increase accuracy with weapons and AGI to avoid hits by weapons CNC to increase chance to hit with magic and CNT to avoid hits by magic and AC only serves the purpose of reducing damage taken

Old 06-23-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Phogue

Yes I know what they do but the to hard basket won't tell me how much to invest in each of these. That would be cool and allow me to shape my character a hell of a lot more on the fly.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #4
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well i would suggest you keep them at least at your lvl +100 thats what i do and i hit in average every 2nd time on normal creatures

Old 06-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

ahh tht make sense mine are in like the 160's explain y i dont miss as much as i used to lol

Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
Administrator

You have to feel it out, you're just spoiled by over simplified damage formulas from games like WoW where they can easily calculate damage reduction and DPS client side. In Nodiatis X dex doesn't equal Y% to hit nor does X agi equal Y% chance to be missed - those additive formulas don't scale well and have absolute mathematical "best" stat distributions that smart players can easily determine and feed the information to everyone else producing cookie cutter builds.

In Nodiatis it's based on a ratio of your Dex divided by your enemy's Agi and then the other skill factors are computed on top of that. You have to play stats by ear.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Auction Master

but generally it is wise in AGI DEX CNC and CNT to keep them 100 over your lvl as that would keep your hitting ratio fairly even at least thats my experience

Old 06-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Phogue

If I'm not swinging a sword physically all I have to go on is the maths. What if you only need clvl+88 to get the same advantages or it only adds %zero.point.bugger.all chance to a miss/hit etc? You’re wasting a whole level worth of stats each time you stick to that arbitrary n. It’s also something that is fixed now by telling me but when the game goes live you will be repeating that clvl+100 formula over and over to curios players.

Why not have your average damage dealt/received/missed etc from the last enemy you fought then? Statistics on the last fight could help you mathematically decide to get more defence or up your agility if they hit you a lot for small damage, dexterity if you missed them more than you thought.

*Plus* you will have something interesting to do when you are out of AT you can plan your next character moves. Why I can’t do this myself is I don’t want to take my own statistics since I only have 2 hours to play each day; I would rather use that time and have fun hacking, slashing and crafting.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
Administrator

Giving players fight statistics would be a great idea, unfortunately it's not going to be a super high priority item but it's something that may be implemented in the future.