Class Enhancement Question
Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
Somneil

Default Class Enhancement Question

Class Enhancement
--------------------------
Every point in this skill increases the effect of your innate class bonuses (not to be confused with class experience bonuses and penalties) by 0.5%, effectively multiplying your bonuses by 1.5 at skill of 100. Later skills will increase it even further.

---------------------------

Just to clarify -- I'm a vampire and I have the class bonus of draining 5% HP of the melee damage I deal. Does that mean with LV100 Class Enhancement, I will be able to drain (5 * 1.5) 7.5% of the HP?

Old 06-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
Annatar

Yes.

On top of that, there is the Lvl 20 skill, Class Specialization or something, that gives you 1% per skill, so you'll get 15% (5*1.5*2.0) leech.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

ohh so class bonuses get pretty high later on

Old 06-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #4
Decker

indeed +1 post.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:38 AM   #5
Jerome

i guess vamps are gonna be the **** end game

Old 06-24-2008, 03:59 AM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar
Yes.

On top of that, there is the Lvl 20 skill, Class Specialization or something, that gives you 1% per skill, so you'll get 15% (5*1.5*2.0) leech.

This is exactly correct.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:04 AM   #7
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

so wizrd should get 12% to DD gems with those 2 skills at 100 that will be nice at later lvls

Old 06-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #8
Jerome

Yeah feels pretty dumb picking rouge now i know that i dont imagine the 30% bonus to minimum damage will be as good as cirtain other bonuses later on, we will see though :P ill probably keep leveling sleepyhollow but im gonna try out some "pure" builds too, ie just pumping one stat see if just maxing dex for example with peirce weps is stronger than an even spread of str and dex, that kinda thing

Old 06-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #9
Auction Master

well for rogue then a weapon with a high max damage will be good as they often have low minium damage so your average damage will be higher

Old 06-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #10
Phogue

Almost double the damage of the minimum but considering the minimum damage compared with the maximum damage you would almost be doubling nothing. You can keep that class bonus thanks =)

Old 07-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #11
Traxis

Are there any current bonuses that classes get later on that are not listed in the caracter creation screen?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
Auction Master

dont think there are any other class bonuses other then those listed there though there are probably many skills that increase the bonus

Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

I'm a little confused about Class Enhancement.

The description says:

increases the effect of your innate class bonuses (not to be confused with class experience bonuses and penalties)

What does not to be confused with class experience bonuses mean?

I'm an adventurer and my class bonus is "+3% bonus to all experience gains". If Class Enhancement doesn't apply to experience bonuses, what do I get from it?

My best guess is that the Class Enhancement bonus does not apply to Melee and Protection XP bonuses, but applies to everything else. In other words, as an Adventurer, it applies to anything I can put a "P" next to, which is everything except Stats.

Is this correct or do I get the noob of the week award?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:02 PM   #14
Administrator

I'm going to remove that phrase in parenthesis since it is quite confusing itself when you're looking at classes like the adventurer who's innate class bonuses actually effect experience. The phrase was meant to indicate that the class enhancement has no effect on the proficiencies toward Melee, Magic, Defense, and Recovery that make leveling those 4 skills more or less difficult.

Class enhancement does indeed improve the experience bonus of adventurer's and the other crafting classes.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #15
Seer's BFF

When enemies, including players, have extreme armor and stats focused on reducing your chances of hitting with maximum damage, the Ranger/Rogue class bonuses are likely to be more powerful than any other (Archer/Warrior, etc)

So against "brickwalls", Rangers and Rogues are likely the most effective physical damage dealers.

Against weaker armor, the Archers/Warriors, etc, are more.

Then, ofcourse, we have the issue of what weapon you are using.
Weapons with high minimum damage and low maximum, will be most effective for Rangers and Rogues, while weapons with great maximum damage are better for Archers, etc.

Let me give an example: Flare Up Aura

It adds 5 to the maximum damage of your group's direct damage gems.

However, your group may not have the appropriate Stats to make good use of that maximum.
A group with high Int will make the most out of that Aura since it will have good chances of hitting max damage.

I think the same goes for Class bonuses.
Archer bonus affects the maximum "possible" damage, as well as Warrior's, wich you may not come to make advantage of if you do not have the right - and enough - Stats for it.

While Weaponmaster, Dark Knight, Vampire, etc, affect the actual damage you deal.

Much of this is speculation, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
Adamska

I feel like a total farking idiot for picking Trader...total total farking idiot...time for a selling out of items and rerolling i think. I mean, a bloody decrease of a small tax?

Sounded like a good idea at the time...but so many better things I could do...

Last edited by Adamska; 07-21-2008 at 05:06 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #17
Epic Scholar

i like the angels "+5% to white magic" means my white magic damage and white magic healings are increased. already doing 15 for a 14 heal with a lvl 5 class enhancement. and as i get stronger, get better gems, and level that, just think of the possibilities.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 PM   #18
antwon09

Lol My healer is a priest.. full healer :P
Screw damage Lol ... Just joking.. i just wanted to be a priest.. even thou angels have better damage :P Druids are good healers too :P
HoT Healing is very good... my lvl 6 druid.. i stoped lvling :P but when i played... i had 6 HoTs out at once when fighting bosses... My tank never lost hp :P lol
My priest was healing 11s at lvl 1 :P lol Healers Pwn :P i want to lvl my healers higher.. but there's no point when EVERY single person heals themselves.. there should be a limit to how high a non healer can raise healing spells.. or how high a non caster can raise casting abilities... Like on crafting you can only raise 1 skill past 10.. they should do that for non casters :P You can raise any magic skills past 10 :P that would help healers out alot =] give us something to do... ppl dont understand that later they will NEED healers..
A tank should worry about keeping enemy taunted.. and dps should worry about maxing out their dps.. not healing themselves...

For the record... Healers should raise recovery more then magic... Recovery is more important then hitting harder ... and you can't miss a heal :P lol or have your friend resist a heal...
But having a very high Mana regen is important.. so you can be getting mana back while fighting...
So never worry about "Helping" the healer by healing... Nothings worse then wasting a bunch of mana healing someone who is healing themselve.s. if this happens.. i just quit party

Old 07-22-2008, 12:40 AM   #19
Ehlmaris

Perhaps new skills, maybe available at level 20 or 40 or something, are in order. Example:

-Healing Specialization: Each point in this skill adds .1% to the effects of all healing spells, up to a maximum of +10%. This includes HoT's.
-Damage Specialization: Each point in this skill adds .1% to the damage of all direct damage spells, up to a maximum of +10%. This also adds .1% to the damage of all DoT's, with a time increase to match.
-Buffing Specialization: Each point in this skill adds .1% to the effects of all beneficial auras, up to a maximum of +10%.
-Debuffing Specialization: Each point in this skill adds .1% to the effects of all detrimental auras, up to a maximum of +10%.

Would something like that solve your qualms over casting specialties?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #20
Epic Scholar

um, magic is important if you are a angel and have DoTs. cnc helps with the enemy not resisting. half of the time you spend in game is spent in a party, the other half is soloing. i agree that recovery is important. but, truth be told, so is defense. and melee.
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.