Old 07-22-2008, 01:50 AM   #21
Gem Pouch Expert

Thanks for the clarification Jeff. That will also help a lot of people if you change the text.

As far as Class Enhancement and class specialization in general, do you beta people think that too much specialization can become unbalancing at higher levels?

There's all the talk about the stereotype group of DPSer, tank, and healer. IMO there are many groupings that work well together besides this "standard" group. One problem with this is that the game has many choices of classes and ways to build a character. But if it becomes well known that certain builds are the best then all other possibilities don't get used and the game becomes bland with no variety. *Yawn*

I think a lot of times a group works well together simply because of "chemistry". Even people with the same exact build can have different play styles. The best group I've been with was unconventional but we worked extremely well together.

IMO the definition of the ideally perfect group is one where 3 health, 3 energy and 3 mana bars all recover at exactly the same time. This would be very hard to achieve with too much specialization. But if you know your other group members, you can fine tune the group so that you supplement each other when needed. Being able to supplement each other is the best way to make those nine bars recover at the same time.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that classes shouldn't have enhancements, because I think they should. I just think it's important to do it in a way that doesn't force people into a standard stereotype group.