AC working as intended?
Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Somneil

Default AC working as intended?

There are numerous players questioning whether armor helps at all.

So the questions are...is AC working as intended? Is its effect suppose to be so subtle that a difference isn't noticed between having 0 AC and 150AC?

At first I personally didn't think too much about it, but the more that people started mentioning, the more I did think about it and then I thought.

You know, it would probably be pretty tough to beat monsters of my level if I didn't have all these heal gems. Should a mostly melee character be able to take down an even level monster by himself just with straight melee and armor taken into account?

Or are healing gems meant to just be as essential as they are?

Last edited by Somneil; 06-21-2008 at 07:15 PM..

Old 06-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Administrator

AC should make a very noticable difference when you are fighting level 10+ creatures. Just test fighting naked vs having armor.

Using gems is important for all types of players. Healing gems just happen to be the only real viable gems for non casters at the moment. When more gems are introduced you'll have more options.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 AM   #3
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

armor does work currently for me it reduces the average damage i receive from creatures by 5 and makes them hit less often

Old 06-22-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
Administrator

AC doesn't affect how often creatures hit. AC and all stats are going to get a bonus to their effect with this morning's patch.