2 accounts good?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Vrykul

Default 2 accounts good?

Being relatively new to the game and playing a few classes to level 3, I personally like caster classes with staves(instant gem at the start of eachI battle) and melee classes for their power.

My question is this....should I make 1 melee character and use like blue gems for taunting, and have a healer character(priest or angel) to heal and play them both at the same time? Right now I have no problems with the enemies I face until I get the 'elite level 3 orc' to the west of Castille. I always run out of mana or energy as I try to heal myself through the damage, and as my warrior class I dont have the heals to keep myself alive.

Should I just stick with one of my classes and gain more levels before I face the orc? My necro can get him to about 1/4 of his HP solo before I die or need to run....Been playing for a week and still dont know what class I want to stick with...

Also, with active and passing learning skills(top 2 under learning) should I keep them at around the same level or around my level? I'm level 3 and they are both level 8(no other skill levels in other learning spots)

And would an adventurer be best for me since they dont gain/take huge penalties to their skills(magic, protection, etc) but gain more in the xp field? Put 1 point into active/passive and stock up on character advancement for bigger xp gains?

Sorry for the long post, thanks guys

Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to zenga

If you can run two chars fighting as a duo it has nothing but advantages to take two different classes. Ideally you take 1 class that needs combat trophies (archer/melee fighter) and 1 that needs spirit trophies (typically a staff user).

Your plan to taunt with the fighter and heal with the staff user is a very good one. I find it important that my build has a bonus in the stats he needs most. So you will want your fight to deal lots of damage, to have a good defense and to regenerate fast. A good class for this is an alcoholic (+10 melee, +20 defense +0 recovery -23 magic). En plus an alcoholic will get dazed way less by the mob than any other class in the game.

A good add-on is a paladin using a staff (+5 melee, +10 defense +0 magic). He has a innate class bonus for aura's and can resurrect. As a staff user you need to level up melee and defense anyway, so an angel in your case gives too much neg bonus to melee/defense (-20).

And adventurer is the way to go when you want to level all your stats equally. But I find myself only using 2-3 stats, so I don't care if the 4th is negative as hell.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #3
Epic Scholar

angels get a minus seventeen, not a minus twenty...
The war is waged, the battles are fought, the Angels and the Demons vow that none shall be left standing. Compassion, never to be seen on the battlefield, one lone angel left standing at the battle's end, sword against her foes throat, tears in her eyes, for her fallen comrades and the slain enemies around her, staring into the eyes of the last demon, lowers her sword, a single act of compassion and mercy, never to be forgotten.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
Phatlewt

I have 3 identical characters and I have no problems with anything.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:06 AM   #5
Epic Scholar

Nobody said you have probs with 3 identical builds. Having 3 chars is even better than 2 of course. But not everybody is willing to play 3 chars (due to too fast fights, too small monitor, too much clicking etc).

Still if you have one char that takes the spirits and one that takes the combats, that gives you a nice advantage.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
Vrykul

thanks for the quick replies. I'm currently living with my bro and his wife to help babysit their 2 kids(soon to be 3) down in hawai'i(im from florida) and I have a laptop and not much to do in my free time till i found this site; being 24 and dealing with 1.5 and a 3 year old can be a hassle and I can quickly hop on and do stuff.

So I should focus on 1 being a tank and another being heals...should I even bother getting my healers protection and such up? Or just stick with getting my magic skills up for better/more heals in the long run and my melee going protection/combat skills?

If anyone is willing to pick out 2 classes that would go together and what skills I should mainly focus on for each would be great

Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 AM   #7
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykul
thanks for the quick replies. I'm currently living with my bro and his wife to help babysit their 2 kids(soon to be 3)
so who's is the father of the 3rd kid?

Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
Vrykul

nah its my bros kid, his wife is just preggo again, need to seriously practice birth control and I know they aren't stopping at 3 because they have been trying for a girl now