armor type drop rates
Old 02-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Brakeheart

Default armor type drop rates

Seems like there are always fewer sleeves and leggings on AH than helmets and breastplates. Is this possibly due to the chance being 25% for each armor type?

If so perhaps it should be:
33.33% leg
33.33% sleeve
16.66% breastplate
16.66% helmet

miah

Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
sherman

Obviously you are missing quite a lot of equipment here. You are missing shields, pets, gems, and weapons(daggers, whips, swords, etc...). Not only that, but the drop chances here wouldn't include trophies or epics. So yes, it is much more complicated than you think.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

breastplates and helmets sell better.

ive gotten a few armor drops, and its about even...i havent noticed increased drop rate of any one kind. but i put breastplates on the AH because they are worth more. people tend to buy them first because of the higher AC.

like the lvl 22 armor for example. i got a chest, leg, and helmet drop while i was farming that area. i put chest on AH, merched the leg, and put up the helmet for a couple days until the price got so low i sold that to the store too.

only the chest sold quickly. the other stuff wasnt even worth the effort for the extra 100-200g. im sure with epics and high end armor the story will be different.

just my take on why you see more of one thing for sale

yar
Old 02-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Brakeheart

Default yar

The numbers were just an example and generalized and you have a point about shields. Certainly it is more complicated and I apologize for not being clear that it merely seems that less sleeves and legs drop is all.

If you look at epics alone, there seem to be many more breastplates available then sleeves, legs.

It would be nice to see a response from Jeff / Glitchless then I will gladly shaddup