Slashing or piecing
Old 02-12-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
Arlwitcher

Default Slashing or piecing

is nt piercing better compared to shashing ?
if you only need to raise dexterity, you can achieve max damage and be sure to hit your target every single time. With swords and hammers you need to level your strength as well ... at the expense of your dexterity.
I did notice slash and crush weapons were slightly better in terms of damage but its hard to tell in fact.

So what you guys think?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

thats a valid point. ive been using slashing so far and i still miss a lot even though ive been doing strength and dexterity about 5:4 so far. piercing weapons might be able to get a higher dps from the fact that you can pump dex so you connect and deal good damage with minimal points invested.

at higher levels, i think whichever the max epics that can be dual wielded and cause stun or daze will be the weapon mastery of choice. of course, when they add levels and epics eventually we will find out what that is.

the ability to constantly stun, daze, and mesmerise your enemy will probably trump the higher dps in my opinion.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Ravenskar

Shash em all and let God piece em out.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Slash FTW!!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

slashing is better...i've used about all weapons due to my rerolls and alts..slashing is best in my opinion

Old 02-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
Gstuarts

Piercers need mostly Dex, and by raising it they will miss a lot less. However there are more Slashing Weapons, and they are usually better than the Piercers.

For example, regular lvl 42 Slashers are (IMO) better than Epic 42 Piercers, and the next good Piercer is at level 64, while Slashers have a lot more options.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Temporarily Suspended

the 42 pierces are one of the best weapons in the game since they have a 29% chance of dazing the target AND they are one handed with 2 weapons the chance of daze is almost 60%

Old 02-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Gstuarts

That's your opinion and, of course, it's valid one.

I use the 42 piercers, and I like the Daze effect, but I think it doesn't make up for the difference in damage. Daze is not as effective in mobs as it is with us, and I'd prefer to kill a mob quicker.

Moreover, the piercers are Epic and the slashers aren't, you would expect the difference to be more important, so that you wouldnt even need to compare. To show what I mean, you can compare Epic 15 Slasher with regular 25 Piercer, and you'll find the BC is still better, or Epic ZC (28) with regular 33 Piercer, the Talon Dagger.