Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Too much wealth from bosses, not enough from creatures...
Old 06-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Too much wealth from bosses, not enough from creatures...

On one hand it is nice to get a big reward from killing a boss...
On the other hand getting next to nothing from a days worth of killing creatures is no fun...

The current plan is to shift the balance of wealth gathering so that you get more from creatures and less from bosses, for instance, having bosses drop only 1 item and having creatures occasionally drop random items plus more gold in the treasure chests.

Feel free to comment here.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
Seer's BFF

don't change it. i think it is fairly balance right now.

http://www.freewebs.com/flashusrollus...the 1st help site for Nodiatis

Old 06-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #3
Decker

hmmm not sure about that, i was under the impression after beta ended there would be more drops from bosses.
I do like the idea of having more gold drop =D minus the other stuff.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Kieria

lol decker... yeah i don't think there would be any complaints if drops AND gold were increased :P
I guess the change would help people who want to grind to make money, rather than simply wait until the next boss kill... either way I think it works for me though since I do both quite frequently :P
Edit: After thinking about it, I think I like it more. Sometimes it's a long time in between boss kills and it could be fun to get random drops off of creatures, esp since gold post beta will be much more precious thanks to no more farming. Could be very nice to get that extra weapon/armor drop when you're least expecting it to either use or sell for something you thought you wouldn't be able to get until your next boss kill 4 days away.

Last edited by Kieria; 06-17-2008 at 08:08 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Temporarily Suspended

Why not just have good drops on the first boss kill, then have it able to still drops. Not like the really good stuff on the first kill though. Then you can still get good stuff from harder enemies in the area. Like have the fisherman in the docks still drop items after you kill him the first time. That way the normal creatures will still drop what they do, but you gotta kill the boss again to get better stuff. Or have it drop medium grade items every time.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
Kieria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Thrift
Why not just have good drops on the first boss kill, then have it able to still drops. Not like the really good stuff on the first kill though. Then you can still get good stuff from harder enemies in the area. Like have the fisherman in the docks still drop items after you kill him the first time. That way the normal creatures will still drop what they do, but you gotta kill the boss again to get better stuff. Or have it drop medium grade items every time.
I think that would be WAYY too much, farming overload right there.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
Temporarily Suspended

Better idea then. Have the boss drop NOTHING but experience and like 20/30 gold. Otherwise i can just have a ton of characters kill the fisherman or whatever other boss, then trade it, then sell to the store. Or keep it all for myself and have a whole suit of armor. With the boss dropping nothing you have to buy everything, and you don't have to worry about getting too much wealth from them. That would definitely even out the normal creature to boss ratio.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
Kieria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Thrift
Otherwise i can just have a ton of characters kill the fisherman or whatever other boss, then trade it, then sell to the store.
Now you're able to do that, but post beta you won't be able to. There will be trade restrictions on free accounts so you'd have to buy a subscription for every char you want to boss farm with. Which I somehow doubt Jeff would mind very much :P
That's why I was saying in my initial post that it would be nice for the random drops for extra gold in between boss kills, because you won't be able to farm boss drops in the actual release.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Somneil

I support less loot from bosses and adding the possibility of normal mobs having a chance to drop level-appropriate loot.

I'm not sure we need more gold in the chests of normal mobs. But putting substantially more gold in the boss chest (and make a chest always drop since its a one-time thing) would be good.

Last edited by Somneil; 06-17-2008 at 10:44 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
Lord Shinobai

I absolutely agree that the drop rate for bosses should be dropped and the chance to get level appropriate drops from random mobs should be implemented. Once the trade restrictions are put in place it is going to be darn hard to get a set or maybe even just a single item you need if the only way to obtain it is through a boss or hope that the people that get the item you need as a drop don't need it themselves so that they are not selling it. And even then you have to hope that you're the first person to see it on auction. Having the common/uncommon/rare tags on each item is pointless when you can obtain them from the store (not rare at all then) and the only other way to get them is off of a boss. Just my opinion.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
Camli

This is definitely a change for the better, in my opinion, especially since bosses are once-only. Given the expense of breaking into the new crafting system, it's a very, very welcome change. It also discourages the repeated creation of alts to run to bosses and then abandon forever.

Woot, woot, I say. Woot woot.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #12
Administrator

Click http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/ga...-new-post.html for info on the changes that have been implemented relating to this.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #13
Seer's BFF

Send a message via AIM to doug Send a message via MSN to doug Send a message via Yahoo to doug Send a message via Skype™ to doug

after using the new gold system for the first time i liked it

well have people moaning less about the amount of gold they get tht was kinda annoying

and yeh i like the idea of less boss drops

i take it u will still get 2 drops of the moss harvester for exapample tht drops the climbing shoes

so yeh i as waiting on nxt boss to get kill is a long process especially when trying to solo kill them

hate the lvl 30 elite orc general lol

Old 06-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
Decker

Plunderfiend better yield me an extra boss drop.