Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Closed Thread

First person banned for being dumber than a macro...
Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Administrator

Default First person banned for being dumber than a macro...

Publicenemy, congratulations. Constructive criticism is always welcomed but drunken rants about how much you hate crafting and worse constantly trying to discourage other players from trying crafting by implying it's a waste of time without even knowing what is possible to craft at early, mid or late game is not acceptable.

If he keeps coming back on other characters I'll unfortunately have to lock him out completely which will end up preventing Charismathedark from playing as well. Hopefully it won't come to this because she has been an ideal tester and very helpful to other players.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Kieria

I hope Charismathedark doesn't have to get banned. I agree that she has been a great asset to testing and I would be very sad if she wasn't able to play.
But I do understand the banning of Publicenemy; it was getting very annoying to see people trying to have a conversation about what they were crafting and having someone keep saying "that's gay that's gay that's gay". Especially when conversation when said person wasn't online was really informative and criticism was actually constructive rather than pointless and mindless whining. If you want to do RWK crafting then go and play RWK, the rest of us are playing this game because we want to be playing Nodiatis.
Frankly I'm just impressed that you gave him several days to stop with that nonsense Jeff, because I don't think I would have had that kind of patience!

Old 06-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
Decker

would chan get banned if he came back on other chars period or if he came back on other chars and still complained? as long as he doesn't complain i hope thats fine because i'd hate to see her banned via proxy.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
Camli

I assume it's because they share an IP address, and the only way to stop someone from simply creating new characters and continuing to play (and commit bannable offenses!) would be to block their IP entirely.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #5
Decker

that would be what i ment by via proxy.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #6
Kieria

I'd assume that if there's no anti-nodiatis coming from her characters that Jeff would allow her characters to still be able to play, since Jeff himself pointed out that she was a positive force in the game. That's what I'm hoping too Decker!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #7
Administrator

He's banned from playing anymore in the beta and release. So if he's in chat saying anything then all their chars get banned and IP blocked.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

lol I didnt think you could get banned in beta but guess you can

Old 06-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
Boss Hunter

if he agrees to not say anything after release will you let him have publicenemy back jeff

-----------------------------------------------
Made by Nikki

Old 06-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #10
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
He's banned from playing anymore in the beta and release. So if he's in chat saying anything then all their chars get banned and IP blocked.

does this mean he cant log chars at all and talk from them, or is it just in reference to his complaining?
so if he just talks and doesnt complain he can still play right?

Made by Nikki

Old 06-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer of Crosis
does this mean he cant log chars at all and talk from them
^that

Old 06-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
Boss Hunter

oh

Made by Nikki

Old 06-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #13
Anonymous

ah ^.^

Old 06-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
Decker

Chan won't last long, Rick will be a hero and log in.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #15
Kieria

That would be a mean thing for him to do to her

Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
Chan won't last long, Rick will be a hero and log in.
he momentarily logged one char before we found out he was banned, but he assures me he won't log again because he doesn't want me to get banned

Made by Nikki

Old 06-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #17
Kieria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer of Crosis
he momentarily logged one char before we found out he was banned, but he assures me he won't log again because he doesn't want me to get banned
yay chan, i'm glad to hear you'll still be with us! chat's always much more interesting when you're around... see ya soon

Closed Thread