No archery set Epic skill
Old 02-07-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Default No archery set Epic skill

I was following staff drama and to some degree agree with people claiming staff users are #2 casters in Nod.

What if :

Epic skill #skill name#
It only works if archery set is empty.

This skill increases critical damage from DD's by 0.33% and slightly reduces resistances of non player creatures.
At max level crit strikes from DD does 2x damage (vs 1.5 x)

It does benefit and encourages new builds while does nothing for pvp. Not only staff users but 2h and whippers can seek alternative to bow set.

Staff users loose a lot in higher zones due resistances (chance to hit) vs DCDD

Old 02-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
Administrator

Firstly:
https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...398#post202398

Secondly:
Magic was not always known to exist, or at least not in any controllable fashion. Those who first learned to curate it were members of a clandestine society who abstained from all things frivolous. To them, even the act of speaking - especially to an outsider - was considered wasteful. Arcanists pay homage to this ancient society. If you hear one speak, it may be because your death is near at hand. Arcanists have a 5% (up to 15% with class-enhancing skills) bonus to DD gem max damage, 4% (up to 12%) bonus to DoT damage, 5% (up to 15%) hitpoint vampirism from their DD gems, and 3% (up to 9%) damage mitigation, but all only when a staff is equipped. This is a Legendary class which can only be chosen as primary and when rerolling from level 90.

Old 02-07-2020, 05:04 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

I support Jo-Jo, thanks for trying.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:45 PM   #4
Seer's BFF

I am an arcanist. I do not PvE with a staff. I more than likely never will with current skills/gears available.

Staff caster is OP in PvP

Old 02-08-2020, 10:56 AM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

I can go with numbers and details to Crack it down to science but I don't think I'll say anything new .

@ Glitchless not sure if you asking because you never paid attention to it or want to know to what degree players figure it out .

Staff and spear (double cast + chance to hit) are pretty much equal in dps without archery set .

Then if we go spear :
(Using low tiers only)

Arrow = guaranteed 5 % more damage
Bow = at least 15% more dps (depends how it scales with other gear)
Quiver = about 15% more as well.

At very least it's guaranteed 40% more damage with 20% more chance to hit (we talking high zones with high resistances).

With higher tiers numbers going up .
It's clearly easy 50% more dps for DCDD vs staff casting .

Staff does well in mid zones but lacking badly in higher zones - mostly due hit chance/resists .

Any bonuses staff gets can be achieved with gear/stats/runes .

I can crunch exact numbers if needed .

PS I agree with Paulo . Pvp there is no need for changes as dps is not only factor .
Proposed changes should only affect pve .

Last edited by Joanna; 02-08-2020 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna
It's clearly easy 50% more dps for DCDD vs staff casting .

Staff does well in mid zones but lacking badly in higher zones - mostly due hit chance/resists .

Any bonuses staff gets can be achieved with gear/stats/runes .

PS I agree with Paulo . Pvp there is no need for changes as dps is not only factor .
Proposed changes should only affect pve .
Speaking as someone who spent all last season as a pure staff dder.

Dan, the highest teired dbl dder in the game, was not 50% faster then me. Even though he had similar/better teirs then i did as a staffer.

Yes, dbl cast is faster. Depending on the zone depends on the difference. Low end, where the majority of players farm, there is very little difference. For the difference there is, staff is better pvp, and dbl cast is worse pvp. Before dragon staff was added things were different. With the addition of it staff dd really is not bad at all, pve and pvp.

If you want to argue dob dot, then yes, dbl dot is significantly faster then staff dot. But thats due to how well dot teirs and being able to shaft. If staff was able to do the same dmg as dbl dot even if only in pve it would 100% be broken as hell. Being able to be tanky af with regen and angelic while doing a dbl doters dmg.....

Old 02-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
Seer's BFF

Staff dot PvE is prob one of the worst ways to farm out of any build. Even with high tiers. When I go staff dot for PvP I rather let rrt go to waste then farm as a Staff dot. Maybe that?s due to being used to fast double cast farming idk.

IMO I think staff dot needs help in PvE. Staff DD could need a little help high end PvE.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Either everyone ignores the thread that Glitchless keeps posting about balance or nobody understands it.

TL;DR : Pros and Cons , you choose. Dont try to make all the classes identical in all the aspects, one will shine the most in certain areas.

Overall , you want to be all.

San,

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:41 PM   #9
Boss Hunter

Really, a bit more tankiness for staff caster would go a long way towards being competent vs tanks and high end farming.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:34 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khettry
Really, a bit more tankiness for staff caster would go a long way towards being competent vs tanks and high end farming.
You mean like the mitigation you gain from the LG staff casting class? or the extra vamp you gain throwing dd's with the LG staff casting class?

Old 02-12-2020, 01:47 PM   #11
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu
You mean like the mitigation you gain from the LG staff casting class? or the extra vamp you gain throwing dd's with the LG staff casting class?
Working on getting there. Wow, so impatient.