Siegecraft
Old 01-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Post Siegecraft

" System for actual clan kingdom ownership and warfare including the construction of fortifications and siege weapons."

That being said, I have some questions and Ideas in regards to Siegecraft.

1. What will the benefit of clan kingdom ownership be ; We currently have runes with the current ter/dom system now.

2. When it comes to construction / fortifications of siege weapons, in what ways will these be utilized? Will the combat system for siegecraft be completely different from how the game is now...
, By this I mean, will players be moving around cannons
and stuff, as opposed to the face-to-face PvP we do now? or will this system utilize both a new, and the traditional combat system?

3. Can anyone participate in the construction aspect of it, or do we need to have crafting skills to do it? I.E. repair say a broken barricade or wall.

4. What kind of benefits can we expect to see from owning a particular territory; If say clan LoOnY was competing with clan BLOOD to Seize or Annex the zone "Ridge Mountains"

5. Can territory be built on any zone in the game? ( i guess it'd be kind of hard to build on the troll bridge, wouldn't it?)

6. Will resourcing be involved in any way, shape, or form? I.E. skills like scouting, or scavenging?

7. Will the Epic or LG beasts have any effect on siegecraft? for example, would I want to think twice about leaving my territory, to go for the beast, when i could potentially make it easier for the enemy clan to get it, by leaving the area uncontested? say leaving back a player or two to guard your territory when the majority goes for beast, i dunno.

Okay, I can't think of any more questions so I'll continue with my thoughts on Siegecraft

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of siegecraft is PvP, secondly, fighting/defending a certain zone, and 3rd obviously the loot or the benefits.

I think that healthy competition for things is great for this game, and what has kept it running for so long. Mind you, the history of the LoOnY/SYNOD war, and various other wars in the past.

At the moment, the game is all about arena, clan battles/wars are a thing of the past. Players show their skills by doing arena, but in the past, clans would actually have ter/dom contests and the leaders of those clans would reward their clannies for killing as many enemies as possible. This no longer happens, as most clans upkeep from arena and just a few CB's, and then its done so its an aged fun feature that is no longer relevant. The PK system got fixed, arena is always getting improved, and now,...

Siegecraft being the successor to clan battles I hope STRONGLY encourages players from the clan to be on and coordinate with one another to meet goals, instead of just " whoever has the highest runepower in this clan wins a gift" so with that being said,...

I have an idea how Siegecraft could promote clan activity, as well as be implemented in to the game.

Clan leadership goes to a certain territory, places down a flag to occupy the area. scouters find materials (i.e. bricks, planks, etc.) to start the construction process. (lets say it takes an hour of time) If the clan is able to successfully claim the area without disruption, the area becomes fortified, and the clan starts receiving passive benefits immediately...

If however, during the claiming process the clan is attacked, the area becomes contested. The attacking clan forces combat, if all clan members die ( or surrender) the area is lost. And to add insult to injury, the time invested into trying to acquire the land, was wasted....

If the area is fortified, then the attacking clan should be more cautious in trying to invade/attack the occupied area, because it is fortified there will be cannons, ballista's and traps to be weary of.

Next, If the attackers manage to successfully invade the territory the Last stand defense phase should be in effect, this is the part where the attackers and the defenders fight inside the territory (or castle). If the area is successfully defended, and the defending clan wins, they are free from being able to be invaded for the next 4 hours. If the enemy seizes victory and wins, they immediately gain the bonuses of the territory and are free from being able to be invaded for the next 4 hours as well.

Every 2-4 weeks there is a chance of environmental disasters destroying parts if not all on clan territories, at this point territories become vulnerable and are easier able to be contested. This means clans will have to make careful use of resources, and be sure to be prepare for invasions as soon as possible.

I'll add more to this list If i have any more thoughts but the last thing I'd like to add to this as i'm concluding this here, I do hope that there are some unique territories that have their own unique active/passive bonuses to them. And I hope to hear from any of you guys as well as Glitch in regards to Siegecraft at some point. Strongly looking forward to it, happy 2020 all!

Old 01-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

At request of Grelko, he made a point about the Spy feature

Old 01-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

Let's give Territory an actual usage here.

Holding a zone should be a combination of your clan's territory value (and make that **** degrade, y'know?) and any defensive siege engines (barricades and the like).

On the offensive side, territory plus offensive siege engines (ballistas, catapults, what have you) vs the defenders' defensive siege engines and territory stats.

In either case, the clan has to craft these siege engines from materials found in the zone they want to obtain/defend.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Boss Hunter

Ok, here we go, this is my initial thoughts on siegecraft;-

to answer Lakki's post by numbers,

1. Clan benefit could be running tax on all non clan members who farm there(tax going to either clan rp, or to a side pot to help in the siegecraft war i.e. upkeep of walls and or weapons) also a clan could pick the hot zone (with a random negative) so lets say you could pick a gold bonus or a hunting bonus, % would also be random.

2. If we have to build walls from mats we farm, we could use the stone you get from non mining arenas that you mine in. there would have to be a new minigame for metals for cannons, or we could buy cannons from stores , (would need to be available in all store imo)

3. This looks like it would take a very long time to enable, so skills and minigames could be introduced 1st long before the update went live. I think and toon should be able to repair walls etc, but only toons with appropriate skills would be able to be a clans master builder.

4. see 1.

5. I think the most contested areas would be Fungi, redwood, Gobswamp, purely for the farming / tax benefits. I think a max number of territories could be owned by a clan, which would be determined by their Territory. So 1 territory, depending on size and level may take up 400k-500k of clan terr this would let smaller clans with low terr get smaller or low level areas. Also, if you loose that territory would you loose the terr from your clan ?

6. Scouting would be a nice addition once this was live, if you could get a camouflage suit or an option to be invisable to the enemy with turrets that CAN see you on walls which go side to side so u can avoid them, skills would enable how far and fast they move or how well they can see intruders.

7. Immunity from invasion when beasts are out would be nice, but not essential. up to Glitch I guess.

Any addition to the game is a bonus, this would bring a lot of new players to the game also a lot of old players back, would also enhance clans which is good.
Levelling legendary skills is worse that doing a pilgrim with a melee toon so having something else to do while getting bonus is a ++ all round.

Old 01-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #5
Seer's BFF

Personally I think we should wait and see what glitch says about what this is going to be, at least a broad idea about what it will actually be... as is I'm pretty sure the only info about siegecraft is the name.

Old 01-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #6
Rat Slayer

Obviously Glitch's call but my recommendations:

1. What will the benefit of clan kingdom ownership be ; We currently have runes with the current ter/dom system now.

Answer: A new system referred to as enterprise pension (aka epeen) the more epeen your clan has the better your clan is. The clan with the biggest epeen can talk down on inferior clans and know that they're the best.

2. When it comes to construction / fortifications of siege weapons, in what ways will these be utilized? Will the combat system for siegecraft be completely different from how the game is now...
, By this I mean, will players be moving around cannons
and stuff, as opposed to the face-to-face PvP we do now? or will this system utilize both a new, and the traditional combat system?

Answer: Will be entirely based on size of epeen

3. Can anyone participate in the construction aspect of it, or do we need to have crafting skills to do it? I.E. repair say a broken barricade or wall.

Answer: Yes, if your epeen is big enough.

4. What kind of benefits can we expect to see from owning a particular territory; If say clan LoOnY was competing with clan BLOOD to Seize or Annex the zone "Ridge Mountains"

Answer: More epeen obviously. The higher the zone, the bigger the epeen!

5. Can territory be built on any zone in the game? ( i guess it'd be kind of hard to build on the troll bridge, wouldn't it?)

Answer: See number 4

6. Will resourcing be involved in any way, shape, or form? I.E. skills like scouting, or scavenging?

Answer: No easy button

7. Will the Epic or LG beasts have any effect on siegecraft? for example, would I want to think twice about leaving my territory, to go for the beast, when i could potentially make it easier for the enemy clan to get it, by leaving the area uncontested? say leaving back a player or two to guard your territory when the majority goes for beast, i dunno.

Answer: no.

Old 02-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

IMO its really hard to give thoughts and ideas on such a large topic without a "guide line" of what it currently will be like.

I think something similar to the pk revamp would be really good with back and forth of ideas and tweaks, granted i dont know if thats feasible on something likely to be such a large task as siegecraft.