quiting arena team
Old 01-09-2020, 09:47 PM   #1
Crab Defiler

Default quiting arena team

can you pls enable that we could quit the arena team in 1 vs 1 format?

the main reason that i am asking for it is couse after a certain rating the chance to get a match is just imposible...10-15m while 20+ players in q is just insane...5-6 macthes per hour is just meh

ps: thinking to quit my job so i can be here 12-15h/day to build up some decent bonus

on a serious note...i know u will say i am geting long waiting time couse i am suposed to be paired with close rating...but what if no close rating in q?? means no arena ?

maybe i put the problem wrongly...but hope u gonna take it into consideration if not increasing the pair up speed a bit at least give me the option to quit curent arena and start it from scratch...ty

Old 01-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #2
Administrator

Won't be added. We've been taking steps to make it more difficult, not less difficult, for stronger players to repeatedly match vs. teams they will trounce.

There's a maximum of 35 queues per day (which can be stored up, so you can do more than 35 in a single day), so 5 per hour would use them all up in 7 hours. 10-15 mins between matches is ideal from our standpoint, so there's no aim to make patches to speed that up.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:10 PM   #3
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Won't be added. We've been taking steps to make it more difficult, not less difficult, for stronger players to repeatedly match vs. teams they will trounce.

There's a maximum of 35 queues per day (which can be stored up, so you can do more than 35 in a single day), so 5 per hour would use them all up in 7 hours. 10-15 mins between matches is ideal from our standpoint, so there's no aim to make patches to speed that up.
^ things are already far better than they used to be.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodrack
can you pls enable that we could quit the arena team in 1 vs 1 format?

the main reason that i am asking for it is couse after a certain rating the chance to get a match is just imposible...10-15m while 20+ players in q is just insane...5-6 macthes per hour is just meh

ps: thinking to quit my job so i can be here 12-15h/day to build up some decent bonus

on a serious note...i know u will say i am geting long waiting time couse i am suposed to be paired with close rating...but what if no close rating in q?? means no arena ?

maybe i put the problem wrongly...but hope u gonna take it into consideration if not increasing the pair up speed a bit at least give me the option to quit curent arena and start it from scratch...ty
Tell your clannies to queue up so it makes queue faster for all of us. this is why I remind my clannies to queue up so its faster for everyone. If you remind people to queue, queue is faster

Old 01-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #5
Crab Defiler

i do...but even when 27+me in q still waited alot

ty Glitch for clarification....understood

Old 01-09-2020, 10:28 PM   #6
Administrator

That being said, and even with the new extra bonus credit for winning rather than losing a match, there's room still for having more benefit for arena participation. We're open to creative ways that might benefit people who truly try hard, as opposed to just those who are capable of a high win ratio.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:17 AM   #7
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
That being said, and even with the new extra bonus credit for winning rather than losing a match, there's room still for having more benefit for arena participation. We're open to creative ways that might benefit people who truly try hard, as opposed to just those who are capable of a high win ratio.
Perhaps some form of benefit if you're capable of doing X amount of wins in Y period of time? Possibly something tied to a persons individual rating as well so that it's not just abused by the stronger toons, some form of under Z individual rating are the only ones who qualify?

Hmm, or maybe even if you can track person X vs person Y where person X wins nearly every fight, if person Y was capable of beating them they get extra bonus, or extra tokens or something of the sort?

I'm not really sure how you could put anything in that wouldn't just be abused by people like me who are strong enough that we don't truly need to try until the end of the season.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Personally i think that Arena is just fine the way it is, could it be better? always, but exactly how? not sure.

The recent changes makes me just want to sit and keep watching you doing you, Glitchless. Not sure if you are quite active in chat or just really pay attention while you catch glorious moments of chat between civilized citizens of Nodiatis ( seriously people just like to complain and ask)

Rewarding the people that try the most is always a good thing, as long as it is balanced with the community/game phase.

My suggestion: Reward those that are active in arena with a bonus that lasts few hours or minutes (you get the idea) in addition to the actual daily % bonus for matches played.

Why? Personally i do arena and when i get to around 10% i stop so i can farm my pilgrimage without getting interrupted, until the next day usually or so. So if i had another bonus that runs out faster i would, without a doubt, queue/participate more in the arena.

Thats just an example im sure you get the idea of how that can reward people in an non too op way and also motivate people to Arena more "often".

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 01-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #9
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Look at the win loss ratio. Those with few losses obv just crush everyone while those with many wins and losses are trying hard. As you said

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 01-10-2020, 03:59 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

People with many wins and losses are probably lower rated and get much faster matches than people with very few losses, as their is more of a pool of players for you to be drawn again within your rating range. IT is hard to truly determine who is trying and who is not. From what I see anyone who is adding gems is trying (excluding people who use gems as dps source)