Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

staff casters are way behind...
Old 12-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default staff casters are way behind...

So the way I see it, staff casters have been left far behind with all the buffing and balancing. The former reigning champs of all arena formats have been denegrated to wholesale losers unless they have a great (not just decent) team in AH, or are able to shift between 3-4 diff builds (insanely expensive vs the now cheap-seeming WW build).

Here's my suggestion to put staff casters back into balance:

Epic/LG skill for reflection of gems for staff users ONLY. Not just DDs, but also DoTs and gives up to 5% miti vs melee/range/pets only (full damage when gems land).

An epic/LG skill to increase DD damage up to 10%.

A rework of hasten demise that increases the damage done by the DoT by up to 50% for staff users and 12.5% for non-staff users so there is a benefit to having it leveled fully. (DoTters chime in on better numbers as this is part is supposition on my part)

Old 12-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
Seer's BFF

as a WW this is only some of my swaps I need.
It's by no means cheap.

Last edited by Tsutsu; 12-10-2019 at 06:10 PM..

Old 12-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

In paper, i see staff casters OVERALL below average. I always have issues with that stun penalty of changing from staff to other non staff weapons , its super bad, not to mention that staves cant wear quiver or arrow / bow etc so they lack versatility and lately that is even a bigger factor with all the potential legendary combinations and what not.

However i always thought that was going to get eventually balanced with time adding gems that work only with staff but havent been the case, i think is the easier way to fix it rather than skills and other potential ways that can overpower staff users as well.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 12-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

any class can do well if you uptier like a mofo, max out skills. buy multiple pouches, runesets, armor swaps, uptiers, extra gems, etc.

weaker builds/classes require a bigger commitment.

Freaky went staff DD and melted everyone last season lol, so i don't think they're too bad

Old 12-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

obviously in a group a staffer is protected. have you wielded a staff solo?

I agree they are behind, DD dmg is pretty nice, but with new LG classes its not at the top of the game. A simple archer dcdot build can melt any staffer making the staff essentially moot.

The true benefits of staff are the bonuses from skills and mre pre boost, but in reality its more a PVE build and even then dcdd is way better.

Only suggestion is either more skills. Any staff specific auras are shattered defeating the purpose while the opponent is superior dps wise just from wearing LGs. The old mirrored blade skill for staffers only (reworked) would be alright. It would essentially force a staffer to use some DEF so they cant just op cnc int it up... again.. I dunno

I assume when someone tests fully archanist we shall really see.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Last edited by flipynifty; 12-14-2019 at 07:14 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #6
Crab Defiler

have being a pretty decent Staff dot myself it had some advantages over some while being crippled vrse other, like any other build. However; staves have really started to fall behind in dps out put as dcdd/dot is far superior having a staff to cast magic should be the 1st and foremost best dps for gems, something does need to happen to balance staff users. Tho I do not have the answers to for this balance I have changed from staff myself recently since casting gems as a dc archer is a better option, sad honestly a bow user a better option for gem dps than a staff

Old 12-16-2019, 05:00 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
obviously in a group a staffer is protected. have you wielded a staff solo?

I agree they are behind, DD dmg is pretty nice, but with new LG classes its not at the top of the game. A simple archer dcdot build can melt any staffer making the staff essentially moot.

The true benefits of staff are the bonuses from skills and mre pre boost, but in reality its more a PVE build and even then dcdd is way better.

Only suggestion is either more skills. Any staff specific auras are shattered defeating the purpose while the opponent is superior dps wise just from wearing LGs. The old mirrored blade skill for staffers only (reworked) would be alright. It would essentially force a staffer to use some DEF so they cant just op cnc int it up... again.. I dunno

I assume when someone tests fully archanist we shall really see.
Staff DD has its struggles for sure, although in all honesty I've had pretty even matchups against Staff DoT if they can manage to outheal my dots, drain me, and then kill me. However I feel like Staff DoTs are disappearing. There was Orence at one point, he was pretty OP before he went pk twice. Enduir, but he doesn't play that much. Honestly the only OP staff DoTter left is Paulodjohn from what I've seen in recent seasons, and he's a warlock primary so lol. I assume he goes DoT for the versatility in PvP,...

However, in general. I expect to see less casters the upcoming season or so, I think we will see a lot of bm's, pure archers, and melees (probably not nearly as many crushers as in past season though) due to the new lg classes and recent pvp changes. I think we will see less casters overall, and more bruiser melee/archer/bm builds.

Arcanist seems okay, but as far as a class that isn't an AFK farmer that forces someone to commit to just staff Casting I think it will be hard pressed to actually see any Arcanists, but maybe someone will test it? idk

Old 12-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #8
Epic Scholar

the gist in... in what game are archers better casters than staff users?

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #9
Boss Hunter

It really doesn't make sense that archers are better casters than those of us carrying a staff. Makes zero sense anywhere.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:16 AM   #10
Gem Pouch Expert

new skill legendary skill that gives gem amplification for staff users only legendary lvl 80 pysch magic skill?

Old 12-29-2019, 06:49 AM   #11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil
new legendary class that gives gem amplification for staff users only?
Good idea.

We're yet to see any talented players take an Arcanist to its limits. After we do, follow these guidelines if you want balance suggestions to be taken seriously:
https://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/s...398#post202398

Old 12-29-2019, 07:22 AM   #12
Seer's BFF

We just won arena with a staff caster..........

Old 12-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #13
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu
We just won arena with a staff caster..........
He said talented players. Besides 3v3 theres no better healer than staff user so im sure you just posting for posting.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer
He said talented players. Besides 3v3 theres no better healer than staff user so im sure you just posting for posting.
he's not kidding Freaky legit won arena with a tier 4 Dragon's Calling Staff. Unfortunately, he sold the item after winning arena.

He was the ONLY relevant Staff Dd'er that entire season

Old 12-29-2019, 04:32 PM   #15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer
He said talented players.
Also said Arcanist. Pretty sure there were no Arcanists on the team. He would have been even better as an Arcanist, no doubt.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:41 PM   #16
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
he's not kidding Freaky legit won arena with a tier 4 Dragon's Calling Staff. Unfortunately, he sold the item after winning arena.

He was the ONLY relevant Staff Dd'er that entire season
Pay attention, he said we won arena as in 3v3.

No, he is not kidding , hes not even saying that however, it is true that Freaky did that yes.

Also Glitchless, lets hope that there is no need to just rely on Arcanists legendary class to be able to say that staff users r not lacking.

Again, im currently not using a staff but i plan on really PvP with a staff soon. If i could kill faster or farm faster with a staff right now, i would be using it.

Old 12-29-2019, 05:04 PM   #17
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Also said Arcanist. Pretty sure there were no Arcanists on the team. He would have been even better as an Arcanist, no doubt.
My point was, if we did it without the new stronger class, then they're fine with a new stronger class.

Old 12-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutsu
My point was, if we did it without the new stronger class, then they're fine with a new stronger class.
It's a damn good point.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #19
Epic Scholar

i think the jist is archers are better casters than casters..

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-29-2019, 06:27 PM   #20
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
i think the jist is archers are better casters than casters..
but they aren't, they each have different strengths and weaknesses.