No More Overlog
Old 12-05-2019, 08:07 AM   #1
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Default No More Overlog

The recent doing away with /afk toggle and swapping it to a toggle-able option under 'filter' seems to be working now. However, when I got up this morning each toon was asking for the captcha code to be put in. Does this mean auto relog (due to daily reset) does not work with the new 'prevent logons when logged?'

This is my first guess as to why this happened. I've never given Tippy's(or any toon I've made myself) password to anyone. I do not see that anyone would have even attempted to log her aside from the auto relog feature. Typically I'd try to troubleshoot a little more, but you (Glitch) probably have a lot faster way to check it than me waiting across a few day's worth of daily reset.

My further curiosity is: are the toons technically logged off (and actually able to be logged elsewhere) if they are waiting for captcha?

Thanks

Old 12-05-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Referring to browser 2.250 atm

Old 12-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Administrator

If they are waiting for captcha, they are not logged on.

Auto-relogging should work regardless of the Prevent Logons when Logged setting.

You had enough bad PW guesses to trigger the need for a captcha. They are cumulative and do soft resets every 24 hours.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

I understand all that. It's the way it's been for a while. I was asleep and I doubt my kitty swapped windows around while bumping the mouse or walking on the keyboard (which she rarely does). I went to bed at about midnight and got up before 7. The only expected thing that occurred in that time would be the daily reset. Or a real haxor lol

Daily reset makes since to me because I always see spamming of clan message due to resets. They show repeated several times every time. Which leads me to believe there are several re-logs of the character in those few moments.

I'm sure I'm missing some information somewhere, because I don't understand what happened. I also figure there aren't many people who leave browsers open so long. The download client is more likely for that. I will watch for further issue.

Thanks

Old 12-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
Rare Collector

i had same issue, came home this evening to capture on screen on only window i had /afk set too

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 12-07-2019, 09:16 AM   #6
Rare Collector

http://prntscr.com/q7jo2d

This was todays reset...

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 12-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #7
Administrator

OK, thank you. The problem is that multiple login requests are being queued up and sent and the first is being accepted and the rest are being rejected and counting toward failed login attempts. We'll have a fix.

Old 12-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #8
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

I just realized I put this thread under wrong topic...

I'm still randomly getting issue at reset on the toons where I have the 'prevent logons' options turned on. I had a few days with no issue. Yesterday one toon did not benefit from the auto relog setting. Today, two toons were still logged off both with the "someone is already logged on to this account and is actively playing" message at the top. No, captcha has not popped up like at first. When I do log them in I can see the 'reset is coming' messages(45 minutes, 15 minutes, 5 minutes, 1 minute) and all the chat among them, so I can tell they were fine up to reset.

Last edited by Tip; 12-15-2019 at 11:32 AM..

Old 12-15-2019, 05:28 PM   #9
Administrator

This shouldn't happen unless your IP address is mutable. What character did this occur on?

Old 12-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #10
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Mutable?

Caught a snippet this morning right after I swapped to his tab (which was second of two tabs in that window). You can see I did this at 6:47, so all the text was just spammed from being inactive tab. Difficult to make out since it was fading but you can see toward the top that system is performing reset then it's typical time outs which end in the already logged elsewhere issue.

Last edited by Tip; 12-16-2019 at 07:55 AM..

Old 12-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #11
Administrator

I can't find evidence that your IP is changing, so there may be an issue, but it's going to be low on the list of priorities since it's really just an inconvenience.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:53 AM   #12
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Bump
If you need me to resend video just give me a heads up.