Appreciation-Observation Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:38 PM   #1
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr
Thumbs up Appreciation-Observation Post

Glitchless,

I thought about making an e-mail but i am actually interested in what others have to say or think about it as well.

First of all...please, allow me please to say that i am truly happy and impress on the current state of your game. I have been MIA (missing in action) for quite some time, always checking chat and what not but probably more than 1.5 years without paying close attention to the game.

In the past 1.5 years i feel like A LOT has been done, perhaps even more than the previous 7.5 years , imo.

I love all the skills and gear additions, not a big fan of 1 new class in particular but this is not the right place to discuss that, i like the way how the game is shaping and how there really are not cookie cutter builds (no real meta), anything can be vial and give nice results provided that you use your tools the right way.

From single skills to companions it self, update after update, patch after patch, this is the way how Nodiatis was capable to consume me and kept me busy.

Currently i find my self overwhelmed by all the things that i want to do in the game, and that is such a great feeling to have again, keep it up, just add a bunch more of legendaries and things like that, dont focus too much your most precious resource (time) in balancing things too often. Having a lot of options will keep people busy to even truly test everything , so time will tell and determine the proper balances due time , most of the times.

I cant wait to see some PvP incentives or routes/modes or even a revamp of the current clans / pk system would be nice. I cant wait to have the feeling of promoting "my game" and getting "the arenas" populated.

Once again, i truly appreciate the care you are providing to your baby ( is getting old!).

Thanks,
Sanluciferr,

PD: Expect some posts of me suggesting or what not soon, as i keep playing/analyzing.

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
Administrator

Thank you for the positive feedback.

We're definitely gearing up, not down, when it comes to future game patches. The amount of work required in bringing the browser up to speed with the downloadable client is pretty immense, but we're putting in the time to do so (and not counting it toward the 4.0x total for the 2019 Most Wanted) because it allows us to unify all the client code for a very important end goal: to make patching the game in the future cleaner and more efficient.

If we did not have big plans for the future, we would simply continue to tell players to use the downloadable client if they want full features and just deal with the extra time required for each and every patch as it currently stands. However, we are preparing instead for many, many years of big and meaningful patches to come. 2019 will turn out to a good but not great year for additions: spectating, tournament, coming PvP incentives and coming LG classes. Siegecraft is coming 2020, and it is essential that we finish our client unification to make coding such a big addition feasible.

We also have plans to resume advertising with experimental platforms. The days of cost-effective banner ads for niche RPGs are gone, but there's some cheesy new ad stuff that can be done that might pan out.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:06 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
We also have plans to resume advertising with experimental platforms. The days of cost-effective banner ads for niche RPGs are gone, but there's some cheesy new ad stuff that can be done that might pan out.
on-topic - I agree it's nice having an active dev again.

slightly on-topic... please tell me you're talking about those amazing mobile game ads. I would crack up if people came here expecting a puzzle game or something similar.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:25 AM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:

We're definitely gearing up, not down, when it comes to future game patches. The amount of work required in bringing the browser up to speed with the downloadable client is pretty immense, but we're putting in the time to do so (and not counting it toward the 4.0x total for the 2019 Most Wanted) because it allows us to unify all the client code for a very important end goal: to make patching the game in the future cleaner and more efficient.

If we did not have big plans for the future, we would simply continue to tell players to use the downloadable client if they want full features and just deal with the extra time required for each and every patch as it currently stands. However, we are preparing instead for many, many years of big and meaningful patches to come. 2019 will turn out to a good but not great year for additions: spectating, tournament, coming PvP incentives and coming LG classes. Siegecraft is coming 2020, and it is essential that we finish our client unification to make coding such a big addition feasible.

lately you guys have been killing it with updates lately, I'm impressed too. I would suggest a suggestive princess ad that makes this game appear as a dress-up game xD

Old 12-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
lately you guys have been killing it with updates lately, I'm impressed too. I would suggest a suggestive princess ad that makes this game appear as a dress-up game xD
Or an update where you can dress up the (freed) princess after you've successfully beaten the last boss (grouped or solo, heroic or not) so she appears more appealing in the towns (repeat her little messages in new outfits anytime you want to?).

Dunno, just throwing a shot in the dark at ya.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #6
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to Sanluciferr

Quote:

Thank you, I appreciate the info provided!

Sounds like the priorities are in the right order in my opinion, once you get to "compile" all in one, everything will just be faster and better.

In regards of advertising, its a huge science of trial and error. I always been into the advertising/gaming and i can honestly tell you that one of your best bets is to have some kind of streamers team + content creator affiliations if you know what i mean.

But before expanding or looking ahead, its important to fortify and solidify the foundation ( which u r doing) and analyze what could be an issue and what not ( if you get a lot of influx, everything will be rdy to handle it? what could fail, etc)

Just my 2cents!

My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #7
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Thanks team Glitch. Ive always appreciated what you guys do and lately you've been pouring a lot of blood sweat and tears in. its pretty op.

you all earned a sammich

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlucifer
Thank you, I appreciate the info provided!

In regards of advertising, its a huge science of trial and error. I always been into the advertising/gaming and i can honestly tell you that one of your best bets is to have some kind of streamers team + content creator affiliations if you know what i mean.
From my personal perspective, most of the games I have tried recently I looked for active gameplay in platforms like twitch and/or youtube.

I don't know what you have in mind for future advertising, but perhaps some Twitch streamers and or/youtube videos that are somehow promoted both outside and within Nodiatis itself could be a nice idea. (perhaps you could even right click a face in civil and see if they are streaming? Or a nodiatis streaming page where it follows a different player every few days?).

All-in-all I think new lg classes have sparkled some flame within players hearts, so I am looking forward for the next few months!