Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > Role Playing > Role Play

Old 10-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
Nova held a clan discussion last night and we plan to continue under the new rules. However I do have a few questions I'd like the borders outlined on if possible.

1) A free pl is a handout. which is against the rules. is there a minimum price for a pl? is it based on the level of toon being pled if so? for example before the patch I pled Rages for a few hours on Saturday for free. If I were to do that again and charge him 50k/hour. (which is cheap, but not free) Would this be me dodging through a loophole? or is this allowed?

2) going back to a question tipcrys asked. what about trading. for example. tipcrys, me, darklords. we need bulk t1 mats. whether for uptiering or just crafting in general. when I made my t4 whips I traded a tc for 1300 or w/e t1 leathers that the whip required. this isn't a handout as it's paying them for their work of doing that tedious task, but the t1 leather likely are worth far less than a tc. is this still ok?

3) finally. I'm rather lazy. I hate walking town to town. I commonly pay people 50k to walk stuff from town x to town y for me. this is paying them for a service for me. I do it to caps and low levels alike. would this still be allowed?

I want an idea of what I can and can't do. not because i'm looking for loopholes, but because I don't wanna do these things and then you tell me i'm exploiting these and get myself bant. i just want clear decisive lines on it.
1) The price paid for power-leveling should be similar to the amount of gold/value the person doing the PLing would have made if they were instead farming on their best character.

2) That's fine. A cap's time has value, which is why #1 looks a lot more like a handout than this. It would need to be filling a legit need for items that required a truly large amount of your time.

3) It shouldn't be relevant since you can't trade with Ns, so they can't ferry your stuff around unless you're paying them a full TC to do it, which would obviously be over paying.

Old 10-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #22
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Yes, I'd like to know if I can still wheel and deal for t1 mats... it's a risky thing in a way because they can't prove they have more than what is in the trade window, but the more slots have helped that. However, even if it's risky at not getting great return on one tc, I willingly take the chance and can afford that tc. I've never had a problem with doing this - a couple of nubs even kept giving me t1 mats in appreciation even after their part of the deal was met.

Also, Glitch: can you recommend things to support the MMO side of things? Since we're having to refocus how help is given, there may be some hidden gems in that approach. I'm totally sucky at that part anyway, so any framework of successful mmo interaction is appreciated. (hopefully I don't sound like a total dolt)

Old 10-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #23
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
1) The price paid for power-leveling should be similar to the amount of gold/value the person doing the PLing would have made if they were instead farming on their best character.

2) That's fine. A cap's time has value, which is why #1 looks a lot more like a handout than this. It would need to be filling a legit need for items that required a truly large amount of your time.

3) It shouldn't be relevant since you can't trade with Ns, so they can't ferry your stuff around unless you're paying them a full TC to do it, which would obviously be over paying.
kk ty.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #24
Neophyte

can you please explain to me how I am able to trade with my own alts without paying them?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #25
Rat Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphera
can you please explain to me how I am able to trade with my own alts without paying them?
I'd like to know as well. How can I give my capped, non-paid alt, who was created in 2009, a bunch of 6 carrots?

Old 10-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #26
Administrator

Tonight we will code in the level 85 or 6 months old exceptions allowing paids to give them items but not receive them back the same as it was prior to the patch. Doing so will include a warning. We don't want to make it easier to exploit free accounts for storage.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:40 AM   #27
Boss Hunter

Am I still allowed to team up with new players for arena just so they can get a couple of low/mid level tempers?

Old 10-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #28
Rat Slayer

Quote:
Tonight we will code in the level 85 or 6 months old exceptions allowing paids to give them items but not receive them back the same as it was prior to the patch. Doing so will include a warning. We don't want to make it easier to exploit free accounts for storage.
Thank you Glitch!

Old 10-09-2019, 06:40 PM   #29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algamisu
Am I still allowed to team up with new players for arena just so they can get a couple of low/mid level tempers?
That would be a handout. For consistency's sake, using the definition of new player from the third post of the original announcement thread, the answer is no.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #30
Auction Master

Could we please be able to trade trophies to our alts before the 6 months, since they decay?

Old 10-11-2019, 12:52 AM   #31
Rat Slayer

As someone who has received a lot of help, I want it known that if I 'quit' it's only temporary due to IRL circumstances and I don't want to be added to the helped player quitting statistics, thank you.

Old 10-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #32
Boss Hunter

Quote:
That would be a handout. For consistency's sake, using the definition of new player from the third post of the original announcement thread, the answer is no.
just wanna say thanks for the patience with me. I know that I've personally never seen someone argue with you like I have without getting at least muted. hopefully the new changes work out like you envision. cuz whether I agree with them or not. you're the last person who wants nod to die. so if you truly believe this'll help nod. hopefully it does.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:16 AM   #33
Neophyte

Chipping-in after a longish hiatus from this game. I've seen the decline, and i think that its more of a matter of target demographics (though i could be way out to lunch but hear me out)

putting nod on steam and Newgrounds was good for visibility and advertisement, but really not good for your target demographic, which i believe to be in at least 30+ age; with exceptions of course. Mainly because one of the main draws to this game is the people and the community, as with any MM0. I've heard it described even as a bit of a dating site, so getting advertisements on tinder or Facebook (remember farmville??) would help, and i do think the mobile nod version is a HUGE step in the right direction.

I think learning from mistakes from games like these would serve this game more than inhibiting senior players helping their friends, or soon to be friends. Besides i think that people are trying to help new players as acknowledged in this way because they lack any better tools or support structures. I think Balze (or how ever your name is spelled<3) and others who spend a significant effort in guides and tutorials is a very constructive way in solving this conundrum, and tools like nod calc help alot as well.

Every time i come back there is less and less people i know playing the game, and fewer people to replace them. That's the problem right? I think community management and events would help to foster more bondage with people and keep them in the "buyer-loop" Because lets face it, your biggest people to spend money on the game are Whales (people who will buy anything and everything because they are super in to the game and ultra invested with huge amounts of disposable cash[this term comes more from the hobbyist scene for models and CCG of which many have digital counterparts]) and Impulse buyers(no-explanation needed?).

Hopefully what i have to say doesn't hurt to hear, and i'm only speaking from an enthusiasts experience here, so take it with a grain of salt if you want.