Epic Health
Old 08-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Epic Health

Hi,

Just a suggestion to help people get 100% epic health chance.

What my proposal is, is all the toons that already have 100% epic health chance i.e. 50/100% would not be able to Que for beast letting other toons have the chance to up their epic % chance.

As a reward for already achieving 100% chance players would get 100% farming bonus after beast is killed.

Other rewards suggestions are welcome, also would still get a Tc for finding beast 1st but would post co-ords in /c

Let me know what u think.

Brookeland

Old 08-27-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

i see where your mind is, but a couple of problems.

1, the players with 100% would just group with people under 100%
2, the kill tc is still drawing the 100%ers
3, 100% max bonus is nothing. I can easily build 108% BB and getting the kill gives automatic 110%

Do I have a better suggestion? Sadly, no.

Old 08-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

As someone who has far more potential from quest kills than epic health bonus, I guess I'm the target market. Why have I given up? 1) The existing 100%ers dominate the process - because they are that good, no dis intended. Brooke's proposal would address that - make it 108% to keep Jarrhal happy *shrugs*. (BTW, Jarr, if you're banned from the kill process then you couldn't group queue with those < 100%). 2) HP regen -> rrt loss. If I've already farmed, I can't take the rrt loss to really fight the beast and I'm not so wedded to the game that I can wait; I play when I can. If you wanted to make beast death like arena and restore health on completion.... That would make a big difference. And, no, I don't have TM and if beast is really an advert for TM then I'm not interested. 3) Location/travel. Yeah, co-ordinates would help. I've certainly gone looking only to see death when I finally got there... But again, rrt loss, I don't want to travel all the way across the map. Maybe just a Beast Queue, like arena, after the beast has been found.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #4
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

I support a curb on those who have 100% not wasting a beast kill. It's kudos to those who have full kills helping others get them, but that does leave a splay of players flapping in the wind. It also takes some of the excitement out of competing for beast kill (either those op are getting it anyway or i'm a tag along with those op). Perhaps an auto pass: if a group of toons who have 100% kills are the ones to take down the beast then let the kill credit go to the next in queue who do not. That sounds grandly obnoxious to code, but seems a little more fair?

I do not agree with auto posting coordinates. Each player should have the option to share or not; Someone wanting to give their buds or clan an advantage is absolutely their perogative.

Beast gold bonus is for actively dying/killing that specific beast. Each beast someone has killed has gotten them gold bonus... getting another bonus just for having it done simply because another beast is out... no bueno. Or I read that meaning incorrectly >,>

Old 08-27-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

I can get behind Tip's suggestions. *thumbs up*

Old 08-28-2019, 07:31 AM   #6
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Just don't get behind my bad english please lol

I had a further thought.. I suppose doing an auto roll to next in queue would just lead to people focusing on queuing after that op group in lieu of trying to actually get the kill. Nothing is perfect. xD

Old 08-28-2019, 02:13 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

I've had 100% epic HP potential for years now, and I finally just helped kinaros get her last beast kill, that being said whenever i go for the beast I make sure to go to the beast, with a toon that doesn't have 100% epic HP potential, because if it dies and no one gets epic HP potential, its a wasted kill.

The game doesn't have any other way of getting Epic HP, and we only get 1 beast , some days we don't get one, and every now and then we may get 2, within the course of a 24 hour span.

That being said, waiting around, trying to time kills, is a lottery, the stronger your team is the better the chances you have of getting it, or the more teams/alts you have in the queue, means a higher (pick rate), or chance of getting say, the kill.

I know Nodiatis is all about RNG, but i'm not a big fan of people having to waste years of their life, (literally) gambling to try and get epic HP, because being 1 or 2 away from getting the kill can be a frustrating and a not enjoyable experience.

Epic HP is literally the only thing in this game, where 99% randomness is a detriment to you actually being able to make your characters stronger. Everything else in Nodiatis takes time and patience. crafting LG's, doing pilgrimage, getting to 85, farming to buy gold for companions, tc's, resources, or resourcing for your own resources, or building up alts... everything else can be achieved with patience, or gold, or tc's.

Nodiatis is about slow gains, and later on diminishing returns once you reach your potential, but nothing has been done to make epic HP achievable to others, and they're wasted almost everyday on teams that have 100% epic hp bonus. This doesn't have to qualify as an "Easy" button, but kills being wasted doesn't do anything to help the game, if anything it probably harms it more then it helps

Pilgrimage, is already masochistic and sadistically painful, as well as other things, but epic HP is a lottery that can't be gotten for everyone, I don't think gambling for character progression is good in any game, and it's frustratingness actually causes people to quit most games.

RNG is okay for combat, resourcing, leveling skills, gold, etc. but in terms of character progression ( getting epic HP) , It is hurting the game. making the kills not be wasted wouldn't be an easy button, it would just make it so that people who have 100% epic hp, can't go for kill unless helping someone else get it, or just only let people who don't have it go for the kill.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:57 PM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

Unhappy

I agree 100% with the spirit of this suggestion. I have maybe chased 5 beasts since the very first one came out.

1) It takes forever
2) Pilgrims get almost literally no benefit
3) Chance of benefit to any player not in top 5% of Nod is pretty much zero

Old 08-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #9
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

I Fully agree. Even as little as I bother going for the beast from watching this happen forever.

The community isn't so small that a small group of people get a large percentage of kills.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Last edited by flipynifty; 08-28-2019 at 04:38 PM..

Old 08-28-2019, 05:37 PM   #10
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Ok a couple ideas that may cure a couple problems:

Players with more and more epic hp% potential take more dmg from beast, making it more unlikely they are to get the kill. (optionsla: tact and vamp CA don't work). Remove TC kill reward
-this would encourage a lot more people to hunt for sure as well as discouraging the people that get the kill repeatedly from doing so.

For the whole idea of please give epic hp from something other than a beast... using 5k or more arena tokens at season end you can trade them for 1% per whatever amount of tokens.
-this will certainly encourage more arena participation and give that "can we have other epic hp options" request an answer

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #11
Administrator

http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php_t=20266

The bonus damage you deal to beasts is already reduced by the amount of kills you have. Someone with 20 kills is getting about a third of the damage multiplier that someone with 0 kills has. If you want beast kills, be geared, organized, and tenacious. You don't deserve them otherwise.

This info has been added to the FAQ so hopefully more people know about it.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #12
Boss Hunter

Glitch, while that kinda/sorta addresses Flippy's 2nd post, it also kinda misses the direction of the thread. We know how strong (as Boog puts it) the 5% are. It's not just dps, it's hp (in part from epic health), defence... We know this from arena. OK, we get a 3x dps bonus but they were already 3x stronger there. It's not just "geared, organized and tenacious" - and the proof of that is in who consistently kills the beast. Maybe you further nerf the 5% (e.g. nobody gets to could epic health bonus when fighting the beast). Maybe that (or similar) would be enough, but right now the 3x dps bonus clearly isn't doing the trick.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:16 PM   #13
Administrator

If you are part of an organized, premade group that is invested, suited and ready to start going after beast kills and you have 3x the base damage of the top guys and you still can't ever kill the beast... you're doing something wrong, you're not trying hard enough or you simply don't deserve it.

If you want/expect highest-level rewards for simply participating, Nodiatis is not the game for you.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #14
Boss Hunter

Glitch, I may be wrong and if so I apoligize for being dumb, but even if the repeat killers have a damage bonus nerf, does that apply to the bleed/dot/etc.. ticks that are already popping on him? because sitting with 3 tact's and just letting the ticks wear beast down is a lot of whats happening. And being geared etc.. is kinda not teh problem, see the 3 tact comment above, nor does it affect those who just put 15 toons in at the end. I pulled up discord history and there are 3 main toons that have over 60% of the last 20 beast kills. Do I think they are in the wrong? No. I dont blame them for taking advantage of a beneficial situation. But for the rest of the player base it is having a negative effect. I dont know how to "fix" the issue, i cant offer a suggestion. I do get annoyed seeing the same names pop up for every beast kill tho.

Old 08-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #15
Administrator

Your own dots are reduced, previous dots are not. If the dominant strat is to sit and let others's dots tick with damage immunity, that could be needing a nerf. Who are the people you're talking about so I can confirm they're using the strategy?

Old 08-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #16
Administrator

And the fairest way to change this would be to have the vampire and tactician class abilities do high damage vs. beasts instead of providing immortality/invulnerability.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:11 PM   #17
Seer's BFF

temp immortality is a factor too if going this route

Old 08-29-2019, 01:13 PM   #18
Administrator

Everyone has access to Temporal Immortality, and doesn't have a duration.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #19
Boss Hunter

Its a good suggestion but the only way for me to get beast bonus is to participate,which takes away 1 chance of someone that needs the kill to get it, there is no point in anyone with 100% going for beast apart from BB.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookeland
Its a good suggestion but the only way for me to get beast bonus is to participate,which takes away 1 chance of someone that needs the kill to get it, there is no point in anyone with 100% going for beast apart from BB.
There's a TC.