Hunting XP too low?
Old 06-13-2008, 03:59 AM   #1
Starduck

Default Hunting XP too low?

I'm currently hunting in the Grasslands at level 11 with my hunting skill at 0.

Each successful hunt (maybe one in 3 fights) I get 64 hunting XP. This means over 20 hunts to get my hunting from 0 to 1. This seems way too low to me. I can't imagine how many would be needed to get it from 9 to 10 for instance.

On top of that the hunting rewards do not stack so I'm either going to have to go back to town regularly or destroy a lot of them.

I may be missing something with the XP mechanism here, are there other ways to increase hunting? If not 60 fights (for 20 successful hunts) to get a level 0 skill to level 1 in a level 11+ area seems a bit on the extreme side to me.

That said I think the tradeskill/gathering system looks pretty cool. Looking forward to playing around with it a bit more after the reset today!

Old 06-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
Auction Master

Send a message via AIM to doctor-warlord Send a message via MSN to doctor-warlord Send a message via Yahoo to doctor-warlord

well i dont know as i havent tried it yet

Old 06-13-2008, 06:30 AM   #3
Decker

you get more xp gains at higher lvls so 1-2 you'll be getting something like 100xp per succes and then 160xp for lvl 2-3 in hunting
as for carcasses not stacking bring a skinning knife with you

oh and gimme your pw so i can just play your account for you.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #4
Starduck

Ah I get it. I thought what you hunted would relate to what level you were hunting in, but it's your hunting level instead. Still.... a long slog to raise those skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker
oh and gimme your pw so i can just play your account for you.
Buy me a skinning knife and I'll think about it :P

Old 06-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
Decker

you can alway passive it but i wouldn't recommend that as the main way to raise your resource skills.
you ain't cheap thats for sure =P

Old 06-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Administrator

The experience is working as intended. Whether or not it is too high or too low is yet to be determined.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
whitey

lol it's not even been a day. serious before u log off put ur passive to hunting and when u wake up BAM! lvl 5. enjoy the experience and quit sweating these tiny details, again not even 1 day.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
Starduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey
lol it's not even been a day. serious before u log off put ur passive to hunting and when u wake up BAM! lvl 5. enjoy the experience and quit sweating these tiny details, again not even 1 day.
It might be an idea to have some kind of understanding about the purpose of a beta is before participating in one you know. We're supposed to sweat tiny details, tiny details matter.

Either way I'm not sweating anything. I was querying something based on the mechanism for hunting XP, Decker responded in a way that explained where I had it wrong, so now it's a non-issue. If you actually read the thread you'd realise that your "lol hurrrrrrr" response isn't really relevant, but thanks for making the effort to type something coherant. You almost succeded!

Old 06-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #9
whitey

look i have as much xp testing games as any here, more than most as i have been a game tester as a serious job for more than 3 yrs. i feel that it was relevant, in the fact that without stupid **** i explaind a way to use a diff mechanism to gain the xp you sought. that said if after one day (2 hrs) hunting that the xp gain is low is normal not that a supreme tester with all of your mad skill wouldnt have got that without a hint. still next time give it more than a day of testing and i am sure that u will find a way. enjoy

Old 06-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
Administrator

Nothing is too small to report. If anything doesn't pass the smell test then report it.

Closed Thread