Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

really? you can't buy TC's 1 at a time anymore?
Old 07-31-2019, 03:37 AM   #1
Neophyte

Default really? you can't buy TC's 1 at a time anymore?

guess my friend won't be getting an immortal character for a VERY long time then cause i cannot afford no $25 BUNDLE!

i guess someone got greedy at some point. eh, glitchless? what, $5 per TC wasn't enough so now it's $25 or gtfo of this game?

was gonna buy my friend a TC when my check comes in next month (assuming i could afford it) since he can't get ONE himself but... nope! money says NO!

that'll be what...MAYBE christmas that i MIGHT be able to get the smallest $25 bundle?

greed NEVER fails to ruin things.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:29 AM   #2
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Firstly, you can buy TCs on your main and hand them out to your alts.

More importantly, there is a lot more to this change than our unfettered greed. Recent changes to US sales tax law have made it to where even small businesses need to be concerned about crossing thresholds that result in the requirement to charge sales tax to every digital order, both in state and out of state. Some of those thresholds are based on the amount of transactions. Many small purchases could result in a company needing to not only begin charging sales tax, but to file monthly returns in multiple jurisdictions that themselves cost money to file via a third party. This is so bad, it could make many $5 purchases cost more in money and hassle to process after every processor fee and tax than is gained.

We already need to charge sales tax in some cases: In these cases, we have been paying these taxes ourselves, deducting it from the sales price, as opposed to tacking it on and making you pay it which is the typical way it is done.

We have lowered TC prices when paid in bulk and sheltered our players from the impact of irregular sales tax. Please don't get up on your high horse and shout down that we are doing something evil, when that is not at all the case. In the coming years, companies that don't have a dedicated tax compliance team and are actually complying with new laws will need to either: 1. Charge their consumers the tax or 2. Shift away from small dollar transactions. We opted for the 2nd option. We hope you understand it is the lesser of two evils.
http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...ad.php_t=20944

Old 07-31-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
Seer's BFF

Do a little research pleb.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

To say the least... $25 doesn't get one ONE tc. Just a little basic math staring in the face there.

Who is your friend? A kind soul might help out if for some reason he can't be active once every other month to keep the toon from poofing.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #5
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip
To say the least... $25 doesn't get one ONE tc. Just a little basic math staring in the face there.

Who is your friend? A kind soul might help out if for some reason he can't be active once every other month to keep the toon from poofing.
i'll check with him when he's next online (on discord). been months since either of us last played so he'll be making a new character.

guess i forgot about the option of asking for a TC donation. :/ just 1 is all we need for him (once he makes a new character) cause my character... my main (same username as here on the forums) is now over a decade old. mine is ancient!

Old 08-01-2019, 07:10 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

kind soul indeed to give a tc to someone who has achieved level 10 in 10 years, or his similarly active friend. I got a lot of active new players in my clan that need tcs if you wanna be so kind =p

Old 08-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #7
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
kind soul indeed to give a tc to someone who has achieved level 10 in 10 years, or his similarly active friend. I got a lot of active new players in my clan that need tcs if you wanna be so kind =p
F you too! doubt you stopped to think that MAYBE i might have rerolled 1 or more times over the years...ass.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #8
Rare Collector

damn u hate blaze ill give u 10 tcs!

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 08-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #9
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklords
damn u hate blaze ill give u 10 tcs!
To be fair like 90% of Nod hates Blaze