-25 rating
Old 07-24-2019, 05:02 AM   #1
Gem Pouch Expert

Post -25 rating

Got a match against Seastar today and ran into the -25 rating for shared characters message. not that i care much about rating, i like queuing for the tokens and bonus, but i do like to try and participate for top 10, come the end of the season if it is possible. That being said, this could cause huge problems to the point of making queue unplayable, or playable to the extent of having to try and dodge your friends toons constantly, which may be unplayable for those who have jobs.

My team consists of (Kinaros) leader, and teammate : Greeneye.

Enemy Team : (Seastar) , Serasvictoria, and Stagcecle.

It's apparent Red has logged X toon (Stagcecle) , but neither myself or kinaros have logged those toons.

I've spoken with Tsutsu and he is having the same problem with Kainith, a friend of his who's toon he played for years, he played it last premade, gave the toon back to the original owner, and every time he queues against that toon, the system thinks "you played this toon recently! penalty!" , and now his friend can't queue at the same time as him, and he would have to dodge him the rest of the season.

Another situation, where Redeye's friend Majorbloodstone, played Slashh's alt last season in 3v3 anon , and now when Redeye/blackpanther/Slashh Vs Majorbloodstone/Dropkickalib/xzeroxzero he gets the -25 rating penalty, supposedly Major didn't log Slashh, he logged Messedup who is connected same Email to Slashh, and still got the penalty.

System now seems like a pain to deal with, so I'd have to write down every single toon that Greeneye, and Kinaros has logged. And then I'd have to try and dodge them? Seems a bit much. And if the season is unplayable, i would have to reform my team, or drop a toon if the problem persists. How can someone get a penalty when they haven't even logged the toon in this season ? Why are people from previous seasons receiving a penalty in a freshly started season? it makes no sense man.
Do you expect people to 1 man army this entire season with alts?

Or just hope that a group of people who have never shared or logged another toon ever can be on the same team? that's rare in this game, especially 11 years after release O.o

Old 07-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #2
Neophyte

It seems like a bug in the system.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Rare Collector

it seems like toon sharing is coming back to bite yall on the arse leave it as it is!

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 07-24-2019, 09:39 AM   #4
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklords
it seems like toon sharing is coming back to bite yall on the arse leave it as it is!
toonsharing is so evil *shudders*

Old 07-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
Administrator

Thumbs down

Quote:
it seems like toon sharing is coming back to bite yall on the arse
This is somewhat accurate. The question, however, is just how far into the past should someone be penalized for having once logged a different character? What if they truly have no connection to it anymore?

We need to analyze and remember the reason for having this penalty in the first place. It was to:

1. Prevent people from logging each other's characters in order to remain in queue around the clock.
2. Prevent people from benefiting from purposefully not facing certain teams/characters, back when teams didn't match vs. each other if their e-mails matched. Toward the end of the season when ratings are so high that a 50/50 win rate results in a rating decrease, these players could remain queued at the same time without fear of facing each other and losing rating.

A solution which is less draconian but still prevents these things from being abused would be optimal. Our current solution can be found here: http://forums.nodiatis.com/forums/sh...093#post203093

Old 07-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #6
Rare Collector

http://prntscr.com/ojirx7

numbers change

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 07-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #7
Auction Master

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:31 PM   #8
Boss Hunter

imo if they've shared in the last year penalize them. that way it will basically cover 1 cycle of arenas.

zomg shocker lakki. the biggest toon sitter in the game having issues with this rule~

Old 07-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #9
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

certain nod players make a lot of gold sitting toons, that's their benefit, they should not benefit in any other way or be given a way out.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 07-24-2019, 07:17 PM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipynifty
certain nod players make a lot of gold sitting toons, that's their benefit, they should not benefit in any other way or be given a way out.
If they are forced to buy 5 TCs each time, there goes the profit. So the only people who make use of this change are people who actually need to use a purchase to clear their IP history once in a blue moon. It's simply not feasible to truly continually share chars and constantly reset your IP history via TC purchases. In order to make any use of back and forth trading for arena farming, you'd need to do it daily.

This reminds one of a time when so many were convinced that character sharing was some rampant disease causing everyone else to be more powerful than they were due to chars being farmed "24/7". Then an 84 hour/week activity limit was put in place which revealed: hardly any characters in the entire game average more than 70 hours/week, ie 10 hours a day.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:11 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Just to clarify first, I dont think ive yet to have a -25 since the changes. Simply dont want the changes to make a fair arena system result in people quitting and arena dieing.

So just wonder since when this all changed you said the ip tracking and penalty would be per season, not just continually...

Idk if its just me but going back and changing what you said and now being forced to pay money for the same result seems like a slap to the face without at least having a reset before the changes.

Nao im confused af
Old 07-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Nao im confused af

Old 07-24-2019, 08:29 PM   #13
Administrator

Freaky, apparently I did indeed say that. That statement will be honored and we'll have an IP history reset for everyone at the start of every season.

We'll keep the IP history resetting every $25 or more purchase as well since it truly is not exploitable and could be very useful to someone if they make a mistake or log on at a friend's house and find themselves sharing IP history with someone.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

ty glitch

Old 07-24-2019, 09:14 PM   #15
Seer's BFF

how will this affect recruitment?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #16
Administrator

Recruitment has always only worked based on your current IP.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:57 PM   #17
Seer's BFF

recruitment does not work if your recruit logged from your ip at a point

Old 07-24-2019, 10:37 PM   #18
Administrator

That's an instantaneous thing, though. It doesn't have to do with the new IP history mechanic which is solely used for arena right now.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:40 PM   #19
Seer's BFF

ahh okay , was just wondering

Crab Defiler

Default Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
Got a match against Seastar today and ran into the -25 rating for shared characters message. not that i care much about rating, i like queuing for the tokens and bonus, but i do like to try and participate for top 10, come the end of the season if it is possible. That being said, this could cause huge problems to the point of making queue unplayable, or playable to the extent of having to try and dodge your friends toons constantly, which may be unplayable for those who have jobs.

My team consists of (Kinaros) leader, and teammate : Greeneye.

Enemy Team : (Seastar) , Serasvictoria, and Stagcecle.

It's apparent Red has logged X toon (Stagcecle) , but neither myself or kinaros have logged those toons.

I've spoken with Tsutsu and he is having the same problem with Kainith, a friend of his who's toon he played for years, he played it last premade, gave the toon back to the original owner, and every time he queues against that toon, the system thinks "you played this toon recently! penalty!" , and now his friend can't queue at the same time as him, and he would have to dodge him the rest of the season.

Another situation, where Redeye's friend Majorbloodstone, played Slashh's alt last season in 3v3 anon , and now when Redeye/blackpanther/Slashh Vs Majorbloodstone/Dropkickalib/xzeroxzero he gets the -25 rating penalty, supposedly Major didn't log Slashh, he logged Messedup who is connected same Email to Slashh, and still got the penalty.

System now seems like a pain to deal with, so I'd have to write down every single toon that Greeneye, and Kinaros has logged. And then I'd have to try and dodge them? Seems a bit much. And if the season is unplayable, i would have to reform my team, or drop a toon if the problem persists. How can someone get a penalty when they haven't even logged the toon in this season ? Why are people from previous seasons receiving a penalty in a freshly started season? it makes no sense man.
Do you expect people to 1 man army this entire season with alts?

Or just hope that a group of people who have never shared or logged another toon ever can be on the same team? that's rare in this game, especially 11 years after release O.o
LOL
serves you right for all those ManJobs you exchange in between the toons.