Brewing
Old 07-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #1
Rat Slayer

Default Brewing

Can we have brewing?

I'd like to see a boost to nodiatis consumable economy, making low/mid teir resources far more liquid.

The way I see this working is brewing being a second potion effect.

The difference between brews and potions is that, unlike potions, brews last a set amount of real time regardless of whether you are burning rrt.

The amount of time could be an hour, ten minutes whatever. I'd probably suggest that you can't stack two of the same effect (you couldn't have an armour brew on an AC pot for example, AC pot + stone brew is all gravy however)

On the other hand, what do I know? Stack em if you like it better, dev team!

This will add a whole new lever to pull in PvP, gluggling the right brew at the right time would tip the balance in a tough fight. It gives newer players like myself a market for all our junk mats, gives everyone something else to think about in pve/PvP and generally get people trading on the ah on a daily basis. And let's not forget the potential for out beloved alcoholic class to finally crawl out of the gutter and hit the town!

Old 07-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

Don't particularly support it. Don't really need a potion knockoff. Think of a useful way to use low tier mats without just copying potions and taking away one of the best aspects of them. And I'll support.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

Strongly No support, you can just craft more potions if you want to get rid of low/mid tier mats and make great money off potionmaking. The game doesn't have many potionmakers, and the more we have the better. You can make millions off potionmaking, and buy TC's to get your upgrades/LG's if you have the patience to do it.

I suggest selling r5-r7 abundance/pilgrim/blight/devastation potions, as they are heavily in demand always, and people NEED them to farm.

I don't support the brewing concept because leathers are the most rarest resource in the game, and if Oils were being used to make stone brew rank 15's , just so people could pop one mid-combat to win a fight against a certain matchup, to counter it better all of the t30 leathers / oils would be gone, WHICH we don't have really have any left on the Auction House left anyways.

Plus it sounds silly, you got a guy swapping to heals, to heal himself in PvP, then he noms a brew (stone, or blight), and just swaps to DoT gems, and instantly nukes whoever he fights by either taking almost no damage stacked with a potion, or does super stupid OP damage because he put on a DPS pot. The idea of brewing wouldn't help newer players at all, it would just have the OP toons, get more OP in PvP, and ultimately break PvP as a result worse than it already is.

Also, it looks like you made your forum account in 2016, don't act brand new. you have at least some grasp of this game, breaks taken or not,you are a semi-new /returning player. And for you to understand somewhat how a stone Brew would be absolutely broken stacked with a pot, confirms you are not a completely new player. New ideas are cool man, but think about how badly it would break the game, sure. it helps crafters who wanna make more money i guess, but potionmaking already accomplishes this. So sorry, strongly no support.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #4
Rat Slayer

Do you support the beast gold bonus?

These aren't instead of potions they are as well as.

Potions are your bread and butter, brews are your pina coladas, your tinnies in the park on a warm summer's day.

These are a 10% agility boost for the next few minutes to help parry off any negativity towards such a brilliant suggestion.

These are a five minute abundance boost, to get 15% more puns in a thread that is already gold

E: sorry lakki I was replying to blaze

There is no reason every potion needs to be a brew as well. Brews could just be temporary % stat increases. There is nothing broken about temporary boosts. Some effects might not be a good idea, the specific effects and amounts are up to glitch

Last edited by xaivia; 07-11-2019 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Replying to lakki

Old 07-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaivia
Do you support the beast gold bonus?

These aren't instead of potions they are as well as.

Potions are your bread and butter, brews are your pina coladas, your tinnies in the park on a warm summer's day.

These are a 10% agility boost for the next few minutes to help parry off any negativity towards such a brilliant suggestion.

These are a five minute abundance boost, to get 15% more puns in a thread that is already gold

E: sorry lakki I was replying to blaze

There is no reason every potion needs to be a brew as well. Brews could just be temporary % stat increases. There is nothing broken about temporary boosts. Some effects might not be a good idea, the specific effects and amounts are up to glitch
I support more world bosses as a whole, beast bonus is one of the few things we have that is an element that isn't arena, farming, or crafting, resourcing, and maybe companion hunting. Perhaps a resource boost beast, chance of higher tiers resources and it drops a random small stack of resources per kill on who kills it. Or a craft beast that drops masters or TP's, and increases your crafting speed when making things.

Small subtle changes that keep the game fresh are good but its gotta be something that wont break the games PvP or economy, however. If your brew suggestion, were completely different than potions, and affecting outside things, similar to companions bonuses then i would support it

Old 07-11-2019, 09:06 PM   #6
Auction Master

Support only if crafted in PINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
You won't be warned again.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:21 AM   #7
Rat Slayer

Haha I see it being brewed in KEGS. you get 6 PINTS out of each KEG and each PINT lasts 10 mins of real time.

In terms of effects, I'm really open to suggestions about what they should be but a favourite from civil chat is for brews to not be like potions, which are all upside, rather brews have a considerable downside too.

Obvious ones include stats, a brew dropping some % of one stat to apply it to another.

EXCITING ones include tradeoffs we don't currently have. My favourite idea for a brew is one that DECREASES damage mitigation, but INCREASES vengeance damage. This would give melee a high risk/high reward mechanic for PVE farming. Each rank of this brew could increase damage taken by 2.5% but increase the effect of vengeance by 5% for 10 minutes. With 100 vengeance and a rank 5 potion, instead of a 25% increase to damage when at 25% hp, you get a 50% damage increase but a 12.5% increase in all damage received.

There are lots of funky trade off combinations that would add a lot of flavor to the game like that.

A dot gambit brew?

Take 25% more dot damage, but a 50% chance that ruptures do no damage but stun instead.

A flaming death for all involved?

Autoattacks/autoshoots do 50 flashburn damage per rank to both you AND your target (mitigated by self preservation etc...)

These are just ideas of temporary effects that would make for some interesting choices. If any turn out too powerful balancing is simply a case of pulling one of the levers, upping the downside or decreasing the upside.

There are many, many possibilities. Anyone got any good ones?

Old 07-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #8
Boss Hunter

as long as they include effects that are not duplications of potion effects, and they have the unique feature of perhaps trading things I could potentially support it.

needs to be universal things though. rather than decreasing your miti (as some don't have miti) something more along the lines of just "taking x% more damage" would be more interesting.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:32 AM   #9
Crab Defiler

Currently I plan on deleveling brewing to 67 ish range once epic craft is that high to take up a useful 2nd practice in Crafting instead... (while still being able to make t30 oils).

AS A CRAFTER: If it can be some fast consumables to train Epic craft with then it is a great Idea, because right now There is nothing in the craft skill tree remotely like Enchanting for Artistry (for epic art) to help leveling epic craft, and I'm already stuck on passive and lame active training it for a year now, maybe more, and will take like 3 more years by this pace to even reach my 67 goal.

That said, I rather it not be another pvp Gimmick for those OP arena people with fast internet connection, already impossible to fight there from abroad as it is...

Old 08-17-2019, 02:53 AM   #10
Rat Slayer

Another idea for a brew; along the theme of changing the 'flavor' of things we already do in nod.

Crafters Gambit

Allows you to craft 5 skill levels higher per rank but each rank adds a 5% chance that you'll screw up and lose your mats.

The main use for this that I see is in stone making.