Go Back   > Nodiatis Forums > General Discussion > Nodiatis Discussion & Suggestions

Official Underused LG Buff Request Thread
Old 07-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #1
Administrator

Default Official Underused LG Buff Request Thread

You don't necessarily need to give reasons, and you shouldn't give ideas of changes to the actual effects. If you think an LG is garbage compared the alternatives, post what it is here. If possible, list the alternative you are comparing it to that are almost if not always better.

LGs will be buffed in various ways to enhance their existing capabilities. This can mean increasing their stats, dam/delay, and in most cases, their proc values. We won't be changing the procs of LGs, however.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

Release of the Kraken % damage bonus compared to Cudgel of Solar flashburn + 20% hitchance.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

heaven shock bow. there are no double cast healers so cure and heal bonus is garbo. or to low to make dc healer actually worth trying again. since it hasnt been worth using before

angel hair whip....doubt there is anything to be done there

blight barb dagger

enchantrix staff

tinge tip arrow

demontooth arrow
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Seer's BFF

Aliangel armor - Alternative Hellram armor - Hellram at least provides a slight increase to your incapacitating effect avoidance.

Spear of Providence - The parry/block avoidance looks like a good proc, but in use it really doesn't change any sort of outcome about a fight. The speed of the weapon is too slow for the proc to really be efficient when other piercing weapons are available.

Axe of Soul Stealing(My joke of an arena reward) compared to... literally any other 2h slasher - I'm fairly positive the only 2 that exist are the ones that brooke and I received that season.
The proc on this is a joke. The heal doesn't even scale in pvp bonus, and is useless in pve.

Every staff except Staff of Guiding Light, Masq, Shielding. Their bonuses are far too low to actually be useful. Stats on ebone look nice until you factor in they really don't add anything to your build, the hit chance is a joke. PnP, the double chance is far too low... but buffing it would also be a wrong idea i think it needs a rework entirely.

blightbarb dagger comparable too any other 1h piercer - It's lack luster in what it provides for you.

Hammer of Unity comparable too the blocking piercer - It cuts your regen which is the only way you can survive in pvp without a healer, this item fills far too niche of an area of the game to realistically be worth buying/using.

Cudgel of Cursed Blood comparable to any of the other 2h crushers - Not a good proc for really any situation.

Boulderling Tendon Whip - Its usefulness died when the changes to stuns came out.

Albino whip - See above

Vampiric Dragon Whip - This is... not a good whip by any means. You gain more vamp via helkok than you can from this whip.

Angel Hair whip - I don't think i've ever seen ANYONE use this

Heaven and Hell Arrow - The 2% vamp really doesn't do anything for any build

Tinged Tip Arrow - Any of the more dps focused arrows are far better choices

Heaven Shock Bow - Unless we were to get some other increases in m/e regen via other items you won't be able to make a decent non Staff healer.

Last edited by Tsutsu; 07-09-2019 at 07:56 PM..

Old 07-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #5
Boss Hunter

ik slumberskull just got buffed but honestly. has even 1 copy been made since then? qq

every whip except lod and irresolution. helkok whip is just..godly frankly. nothing can compete with that. especially once you tier. lod and irresolution at least help casters.

every lg tsu said.

sword of deveining. it's aimed at anti dot. but the delay makes proc that only has a chance of occurring on hit... kinda worthless. without factoring haste bonuses which would vary. 40 delay. so like 5.7 seconds or w/e. 40% chance to proc the cure. so every 2.5th swing you'll get a proc. roughly 1000 cure every 14 seconds. literally 9 casts for a dotter. so op.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

Everything Tsu posted is on point. Sword of Deveining seems off a bit too as everyone will mostly run polearm of purity or cudgel of unmoving instead, but I honestly don't see Runed Flurry Greatsword used much by archers anymore , in favor of Doublers.

I only see Runed Flurry on a couple farming alts, and most people are straying to doublers for their archers. So Runed Flurry may be subpar also, something to consider.

Maybe more bonus to hit and multi, since incaps are on doublers, and Runed Flurrys are expensive to make, but less used?

Melee's use the other weapons over it also, but the item isn't crap, its just slightly below average imo.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 PM   #7
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
Everything Tsu posted is on point. Sword of Deveining seems off a bit too as everyone will mostly run polearm of purity or cudgel of unmoving instead, but I honestly don't see Runed Flurry Greatsword used much by archers anymore , in favor of Doublers.

I only see Runed Flurry on a couple farming alts, and most people are straying to doublers for their archers. So Runed Flurry may be subpar also, something to consider.

Maybe more bonus to hit and multi, since incaps are on doublers, and Runed Flurrys are expensive to make, but less used?

Melee's use the other weapons over it also, but the item isn't crap, its just slightly below average imo.
Runed flurry is a subpar choice for archers sure, but it's still a good choice for melee slashers.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #8
Administrator

Some posts deleted. This thread is only for what the title indicates.

To clarify, the idea that you can't increase the proc value to make an item usable, when there's at most only a few procs that exists that when buffed by 300% wouldn't be OP, is just dumb and not worth debating. If buffing it 300% is OP, then there is a point between 1% and 300% where it becomes viable without being OP. The fact that it's not immediately or even ever adopted by the "meta build" sheep is irrelevant.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #9
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Some posts deleted. This thread is only for what the title indicates.

To clarify, the idea that you can't increase the proc value to make an item usable, when there's at most only a few procs that exists that when buffed by 300% wouldn't be OP, is just dumb and not worth debating. If buffing it 300% is OP, then there is a point between 1% and 300% where it becomes viable without being OP. The fact that it's not immediately or even ever adopted by the "meta build" sheep is irrelevant.
I've made most every LG in game and used it in either pve or pvp. The ones i listed offer nothing that is better than an alternative.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

I agree with most of what TSU posted, especially:
"Spear of Providence - The parry/block avoidance looks like a good proc, but in use it really doesn't change any sort of outcome about a fight. The speed of the weapon is too slow for the proc to really be efficient when other piercing weapons are available.

Axe of Soul Stealing(My joke of an arena reward) compared to... literally any other 2h slasher - I'm fairly positive the only 2 that exist are the ones that brooke and I received that season.
The proc on this is a joke. The heal doesn't even scale in pvp bonus, and is useless in pve."
Lakki is right here:

"Sword of Deveining seems off a bit"

To slow to be used. Also the degen aura makes it unusable by most melee.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:16 AM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

I suggested awhile back for all LG whips to add increase pet speed, to match KoKs, imo this would make all of them viable (except vamp/angel whips) as those i believe just need a complete rework. Koks would still be best whip for a BM, just not 100% the only whip to use.

Old 07-16-2019, 11:22 PM   #12
Gem Pouch Expert

ds armor sleeves and legs.
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #13
Rare Collector

I would also stronly recommend to consider some sort of change for the LG armor pieces that have DOT HASTE bonus (Opal Shield and Zyrco Shield I believe). Because they are ether unexplored or really bad, everyone only want to stack up dot for massive Shafts

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:
Trojan's Transparent Legendary Pictures
S1: DTM Inc Crafting Thread

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 07-24-2019 at 09:57 AM..

Old 07-26-2019, 01:05 AM   #14
Rare Collector

Venomback lizard, Armored companion two most underused pets and Deathskull shield.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Last edited by Atropos; 07-26-2019 at 01:18 AM..

Old 07-26-2019, 01:06 AM   #15
Rare Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons
ds armor sleeves and legs.
I dont think so.

Atropos SELL/BUY thread

Some useful links:

Quote:
Atropos is correct.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:19 PM   #16
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

Hammer of unity: upon playing with this under the guise that someone could tank well without using any reg I was slightly caught off guard... (heehee)

This crushers bonuses I don't believe are up to par with tanks in the game (a somewhat rare breed, getting popular again) that can simply use mit gear and reg, not worrying so much about blocking.

Not sure anyone else actually uses this crusher, which makes sense as to where it stands for its legendary status.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 08-02-2019, 11:32 PM   #17
Epic Scholar

I got a unity for last 3v3 but barely used it. I preferred the dreadskull swordbreaker (which imo is fine the way it is) in both pvp and pve. I've wanted to sell my unity cause I stopped using it entirely after last 3v3.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #18
Gem Pouch Expert

a lot of LG shields, Goldwinged , Earthfusion , Ali-angel (pve) , demonskull , deatheater/strigformes, and even Bloodcrystal shield has seen better days.

Surprised Tinged Tip arrow was forgotten about, the very niche slumberskull bow,

of course Ali-angel sleeves/legs

I think that's all?

Lg Buff required for ender of suffering
Old 08-07-2019, 05:34 PM   #19
Neophyte

Default Lg Buff required for ender of suffering

It was an ok weapon a many years ok but now its almost obsolete. For that matter so is being 1 hand crusher but i like it and wont change. How to change it I wont say but looks like if u dont do magic or use pets to attack u lack in farming - wont even speak of pvp - just my opinion

Old 08-11-2019, 06:49 AM   #20
Boss Hunter

is it too late to mention hellram armor and aliangel arms/legs?