Armor tier suggestions
Old 05-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Neophyte

Default Armor tier suggestions

First things first. Let me make the basis for this post clear. I hate wasting time, as I am pushing 60 and not in the greatest of health, time is my most valuable commodity. I just completed a set of t9 armor and realized a few things.

1) The price of the armor is set in stone. Strigiformes sells in Faar at xxx gold. End of story.
2) The amount of armor pieces need to get to any given tier is set in stone, ie. T5 takes 16 pieces, T9 takes 256 pieces. End of story.
3) The amount you can do at one time is limited by the gold you have on hand and on other toons that you control in some fashion.
4) Even if you have the resources (gold) to go from T1 to T9 in one setting the process is insanely long. After all you are buying this armor and have already acquired the gold somehow, why should it be such a time consuming process.

Suggestion 1 (by far easiest to implement and no real reason not to do)

Allow the current rod to accept either 2,4, or 8 pieces of like armor and T-level to be placed inside for 1 click. In goes 8 t1 arms out comes 1 t4 arm. In goes 8 t2 arms out comes 1 t5 arm. Thus cutting the time invested by insane amount.

Suggestion 2 (could happen, should happen, so it might happen)

Make a new rod just for armor, must have insanely long name and cost at least 1m gold. If you throw Mishba?s name in that insanely long name, I?ll pay for 50 of them for Jeff to hand out randomly to players. (Is there that many active mains??) Anyways?..

New <insert name> rod has 16 slots that allow 2, 4, 8, or 16. So t5 in one shot, and 16 t5?s = 1 t9, see how well that fits?..

Suggestion 3 (Probably the colloest suggestion)

Id like to see on the fly tier for un-morf?d armor. Say new caps spends 23m for a full set of Strigiformes armor. He puts it on without morfing it and is in town t2 3 days later and has enough gold to take the BP to t2. He right clicks on it as if to add a temper and a little options pops up ? Up-tier?? He clicks yes, and it shows to what tier he can select with gold on him at that time. As a bonus I would suggest allowing tempers and stones to survive this process until finally morf?d.

Note: Of course this post is to include any store bought LG armor.

Suggestion 4 (No way but I have to throw it out there)

Now the elephant in the room none wants to talk about or admit. Gold is achieved by chest or selling items. TC?s, no matter your view, are a sold as a commodity. The actual value is the argument. One could argue a TC is worth 2m and be right and another could argue it is worth 1.5m and be right. But for the sakes of this discussion let us say they are worth 1.75m ea.. I one would think that if you buy a t1 arm and click on it before its morf?d you should be able to tier it to any level as long as you had the tcs to cover it. Example, t1 strigiformes arm is 2.22???m so say 2.3m you buy it and now need only 255 more for a t9 and all day of clicking. Instead you click, get option to tier, yes, gold or tc, , you select tc, select t9, then 345 tcs and 1 click later you are done.

All I did was at one time or another buy tcs with real life $$ and sell them for gold then buy tons of t1 armor from the store (not a player) and click my butt of till it was t9. The time spent on pretending that it wasn?t a cash buy of armor is stupid waste of time.

I could understand a complaint of this if any items used in making this armor was player made or acquired thru resourcing, it isn't.

Jeff, here is a good way to pay for that nice new boat you always wanted!!!! or car or new wi....

Mishba, Wallet Warrior and Proud !!!

PS - Most likely I will never take another set of armor past t5 so this helps others more than it'll help me. But Tree would look good in a new shiny set.....

Old 05-10-2019, 07:24 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

only thing i had an issue with was the last suggestion. using tcs to buy store items. 1) it'd make tcs rarer to community. so anyone who doesn't bliss would prolly dislike this.

2) tc prices. like everything in nod. fluctuate. 1.75m may be the middle ground right now. but 2m used to be the "standard" price. 500k was as well. 1.4m. every few months tc prices fluctuate. so glitch shouldn't be the one to do a set price for it.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
Gem Pouch Expert

Teiring armor does not take that long to do. Nod is not a quick game. It takes a lot of time to grind (regardless of farming or blissing). The 10-15 mins or w/e it takes to go from t1-t9 (which very very few will ever do) doesn't seem worth the time to make the changes imo.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:21 AM   #4
Crab Defiler

Uptiering itself if you have space for 256 pieces is about 1h playing with rod - however acquiring them will take days due gold cap and time needed to sell TCS not to mention you need to take a hike to fa'ar multiple times once you have gold .

It is somehow annoying but bearable as one don't do it at daily basis.

However I strongly support ability to uptier multiple non-stackable items in enchanting rod for 2 reasons :

Trapping
Hunting

Fishing sort off but there is slow way around it .

Resourcing got buffed at 3x then boosted to 6x with arena and hot zones up to 24x .

Uptiering remains at slow pace x1

Support ideas promoting more playing /RRT burning and less playing with stick (no exp , no rrt expanded) it's bad for business.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #5
Administrator

There does not exist an epic enchanting rod yet, but this would be a way to justify it.

Old 05-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishba
First things first. Let me make the basis for this post clear. I hate wasting time, as I am pushing 60 and not in the greatest of health, time is my most valuable commodity. I just completed a set of t9 armor and realized a few things.

1) The price of the armor is set in stone. Strigiformes sells in Faar at xxx gold. End of story.
2) The amount of armor pieces need to get to any given tier is set in stone, ie. T5 takes 16 pieces, T9 takes 256 pieces. End of story.
3) The amount you can do at one time is limited by the gold you have on hand and on other toons that you control in some fashion.
4) Even if you have the resources (gold) to go from T1 to T9 in one setting the process is insanely long. After all you are buying this armor and have already acquired the gold somehow, why should it be such a time consuming process.

Allow the current rod to accept either 2,4, or 8 pieces of like armor and T-level to be placed inside for 1 click. In goes 8 t1 arms out comes 1 t4 arm. In goes 8 t2 arms out comes 1 t5 arm. Thus cutting the time invested by insane amount.

Suggestion 2 (could happen, should happen, so it might happen)

Make a new rod just for armor, must have insanely long name and cost at least 1m gold. If you throw Mishba?s name in that insanely long name, I?ll pay for 50 of them for Jeff to hand out randomly to players. (Is there that many active mains??) Anyways?..

New <insert name> rod has 16 slots that allow 2, 4, 8, or 16. So t5 in one shot, and 16 t5?s = 1 t9, see how well that fits?..

Suggestion 3 (Probably the colloest suggestion)

Id like to see on the fly tier for un-morf?d armor. Say new caps spends 23m for a full set of Strigiformes armor. He puts it on without morfing it and is in town t2 3 days later and has enough gold to take the BP to t2. He right clicks on it as if to add a temper and a little options pops up ? Up-tier?? He clicks yes, and it shows to what tier he can select with gold on him at that time. As a bonus I would suggest allowing tempers and stones to survive this process until finally morf?d.

Note: Of course this post is to include any store bought LG armor.

Suggestion 4 (No way but I have to throw it out there)

Now the elephant in the room none wants to talk about or admit. Gold is achieved by chest or selling items. TC?s, no matter your view, are a sold as a commodity. The actual value is the argument. One could argue a TC is worth 2m and be right and another could argue it is worth 1.5m and be right. But for the sakes of this discussion let us say they are worth 1.75m ea.. I one would think that if you buy a t1 arm and click on it before its morf?d you should be able to tier it to any level as long as you had the tcs to cover it. Example, t1 strigiformes arm is 2.22???m so say 2.3m you buy it and now need only 255 more for a t9 and all day of clicking. Instead you click, get option to tier, yes, gold or tc, , you select tc, select t9, then 345 tcs and 1 click later you are done.

All I did was at one time or another buy tcs with real life $$ and sell them for gold then buy tons of t1 armor from the store (not a player) and click my butt of till it was t9. The time spent on pretending that it wasn?t a cash buy of armor is stupid waste of time.

I could understand a complaint of this if any items used in making this armor was player made or acquired thru resourcing, it isn't.

Jeff, here is a good way to pay for that nice new boat you always wanted!!!! or car or new wi....

PS - Most likely I will never take another set of armor past t5 so this helps others more than it'll help me. But Tree would look good in a new shiny set.....
I'd be more concerned about the amount of clicking, dragging, and general BS you have to do on nod than up-tiering gear.

I sell trophies most days, the amount of clicks and drags to this day, still hasn't given me carpel tunnel, but it probably will have a negative affect on my wrist if I was say, 60 like you.

How hard would it be to implement a 'right click' move trophies, or other things like that to storage be? or 'right click' sell all trophies at 70 gold per k.

Not very hard I think, it's 2019. Not the stone ages anymore, something simple like this, and an improvement for uptiering potions would be priceless for everyone

Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
Gem Pouch Expert

any easier way to sell or trade trophies i highly support. atm the easiest way to trade trophies to an alt is to jump into the fight at the end from that alt and loot from there. meaning you must be grouped to do so. making it easier to just trade the trophies to that toon would mean you wouldnt have to be grouped with the toon your feeding from in turn making it so in seasons like this where you cant be group'd and q. you may q the toons your feeding from and feeding durring the feeding process making it to more people are in q since you can now farm trophies and feed your alt with ease and q at the same time which speeds up q and makes us all happy.
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Last edited by Demons; 05-14-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 05-15-2019, 04:48 AM   #8
Epic Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demons
any easier way to sell or trade trophies i highly support. atm the easiest way to trade trophies to an alt is to jump into the fight at the end from that alt and loot from there. meaning you must be grouped to do so. making it easier to just trade the trophies to that toon would mean you wouldnt have to be grouped with the toon your feeding from in turn making it so in seasons like this where you cant be group'd and q. you may q the toons your feeding from and feeding durring the feeding process making it to more people are in q since you can now farm trophies and feed your alt with ease and q at the same time which speeds up q and makes us all happy.
I support anything that makes it easier to move and sell trophies. It would be nice if you could toggle a feature that lets you click on a stack and immediately move it from inventory to first storage slot, and vice versa. It may need a global cooldown though, to prevent overload.

As for selling, it would be awesome if you could highlight a buncha stacks and then set your price. Even better if it stops highlighting upon hitting your salesmanship limit.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #9
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishba

I'm just going to point out really quick that if you've got the cash to drop $10 grand on this game at one shot (give or take a bit), you've got the $40 or so to pay someone for the couple hours or so it'd actually take to do what you described, assuming you could actually control enough toons (117) to put together that much gold (5.8B) in one shot.

Personally, in your shoes, I'd just offer the dev that cash as a payment directly, bypass the TC market completely, and call it all good. I mean, this is a MMORPG, and as a general rule, that implies a grind of some kind. If your expectation is just pay to win, even as a wallet warrior, then there alternatives around besides asking the dev for a change that would basically benefit yourself.

Speaking as a fellow wallet warrior that's put in the time.
SiSiX

(Seriously, if I was going to drop the cash you've dropped, I'd just go right to the dev and make an 'arrangement' for the gear you need so you don't drop the TC market or corner a particular mat for a weapon(s)/pet(s)/gems(s).)

What was, was, and what will be, has yet to happen....

Last edited by SiSiX; 05-15-2019 at 06:48 PM..

Old 05-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

Side note: I would fully support an epic enchanting rod that could uptier multiple levels at once.

Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiSiX
(Seriously, if I was going to drop the cash you've dropped, I'd just go right to the dev and make an 'arrangement' for the gear you need so you don't drop the TC market or corner a particular mat for a weapon(s)/pet(s)/gems(s).)
No

Old 05-16-2019, 03:59 AM   #12
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
No
Well, at least someone still has some scruples and principles left in this game