Daily log in bonus.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #1
Neophyte

Post Daily log in bonus.

Now here me out, I'm still new so this idea sounds good to me, but could sound bad for all you caps out there.
Daily log in bonus

For logging in every day (or maybe using a certain amount of rt) you will get a bonus, this bonus will scale with your level and be different based on how many days you log in a row, maxing out at a certain amount. So for example maybe logging in 1 day will give 10x gold where x is your level.

Now this amount of gold will seem insignificant to caps, but starting out, this gold will be huge.

Also, the log in days for each level will be different, maybe logging in 15 days in a row will give you an uncommon or rare weapon of a level close to yours. Again nothing to big, but a nice bonus for someone trying to reach max

Another could be 100xp per level...again early on will help out but later become pretty insignificant.

My biggest idea, maybe for logging in everyday for a month will give you a fractured tc. The tc could have this description, "A part of the fabled Time Card, it is able to be used, but with more parts, it may be able to be fused together"
So this fractured tc will be soulbound, and will give the user half a week of standard time, if you get four fractured tcs, it can be fused together to create one actual tc that is soulbound. This makes it so that you can get tcs without tottally breaking the game, (I mean four months of logging in daily for one soulbound tc)

Old 05-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #2
Rare Collector

I like the idea, but doubt glitch will go for it.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 05-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
Neophyte

Yeah, I was thinking that it would attract newer players into the game, making it easier to actually reach cap and (hopefully) by tcs. Having the option to actually get your own tc, even though it sounds bad, will have more people wanting tcs. Even though it sounds counter intuitive, it will actually be a great bonus to Glitchless since the person, (even if he logs in daily for four months) will get a soulbound tc, using that tc will get (I forget, I think) two weeks of standard time...but what about the other 16-20 weeks in that 4 month period. Hopefully tcs being bought.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
Rare Collector

The issue is sombody would make 50 toons, and log them all daily and the bliss they accumilated could be traded. so its basicly a whole lotta exploitation. unless he made another new item, which gives face time but removes the trading aspect of it and access to auction house.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 05-06-2019, 03:15 PM   #5
Neophyte

Oof yeah I hadn't thought of that...well unless you want to create tokens that can be used to purchase items that aren't trade able then I don't know. Yeah I didn't think of that...

Edit:So yeah maybe a "Daily" currency can be used to only buy items in stores...but can't be used for auction house or anything else...the tc that you can receive cannot be used for the auction house and an actual tc must be used to gain access to Auction house. The tc that you will receive might have a name like "replica of a tc" description, "Close to an actual tc, but not quite".

The more I look at it, the less appealing it would be to implement it.

Last edited by Cosslo; 05-06-2019 at 03:22 PM..

Old 05-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

I do actually like the fractured tc idea - not necessarily attached to daily login.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:33 AM   #7
Neophyte

Oh yeah, I guess if Glitchless does implement fractured tc's, then it can also be a bonus for reaching certain lvls.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:13 AM   #8
Neophyte

If the TC fragments/actual TC are in fact soulbound I really dont see much issue in this overall. Wont really be exploitable, and will be a nice bit of Extra Prem time/RRT for older players and much needed for newer players, esp the f2p ones.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #9
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabberJaw
If the TC fragments/actual TC are in fact soulbound I really dont see much issue in this overall. Wont really be exploitable, and will be a nice bit of Extra Prem time/RRT for older players and much needed for newer players, esp the f2p ones.
We could make all items perm soulbound while a toon is active on fragmented tc. At which point they get regular tc all could return to typical. This way any gold gained or nice items gained (with or without the use of that gold) could not be traded over using the free time. The player would still have to expend a tc out of their pocket one way or another to get it all.

I'd think they should be able to use the auction house for experience sake of being a 'paid player'... perhaps not too difficult to code gold only be spent through auction for the fractured tc time. Then of course anything they bought being under the perm soulbound factor.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:54 AM   #10
Neophyte

Glitchless...think about this.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #11
Boss Hunter

Not sure how one could make good use of exploiting bliss since it's such a small amount in the grand scheme of things. You'd need hundreds of alts to get a trade-able TC every 4 months and I'm pretty sure we're all far too lazy to do anything like that for such a small gain.

That being said, I also agree with the TC fragments idea. Doesn't have to restrict players from the AH 'cause the majority of them won't have enough gold to really buy more than a cursory upgrade every 4 months anyway, unless someone dumps free gold on them (as some of us veterans do from time to time). It can really only stimulate the economy. I think keeping the TCs themselves soulbound would be the only real necessity, so they can't be stockpiled and sold/traded.

I would further advocate for TC fragment drops, similar to epics, but with a much smaller drop chance and no way of achieving a bonus that increases it. I find it difficult to assume a 1 in a million drop could be exploited, especially since the majority of caps are hunting bosses, not trophies.

Just putting it out there.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #12
Neophyte

Yeah, oh and something cool would be that your face that you have can be fractured in half, and the bottom half of the profile would be the N, so people would know that you are on Fractured time.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #13
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Great input, Khet. You're right... it'd take a lot of work to get an amount of gold worth bothering for via fractured tc - even over months.

Glitch... worthy of Most Wanted list at least?

Old 12-23-2019, 09:49 PM   #14
Neophyte

Support the existance of fractured tcss

Old 12-23-2019, 10:36 PM   #15
Gem Pouch Expert

make 50 toons, log in for 4 months straight. 50 toons have 1 tc to use, become standard? Idk, is there some way this could be exploited to be a detriment to the games economy?

Its a stretch, the goal of nod is supposed to be post-apocalyptic and as difficult to level up /progress as possible. Keep in mind, the world is overrun by Ogres, Orcs, hellish creatures, and mankind has been subjected to being second-class citizens for the most part. Unless the gods are feeling generous to give stuff to the denizens of nod that are active? I have no idea.