Future LG items
Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Future LG items

Last X amount of all lgs have only been pvp based, and purely because one or two people cry over x thing being stupid op. I'm all for adaptability, but this new toad isn't even going to make a difference to drains, and forking out 50m to counter maybe one person but then lose out on other core pets is pretty much never going to interest me.

The triage toad is stupid op when combined with its gem. It makes bms dps literally tiny compared to others. And stops bloodlets, so that pet and gem combo is going to be abused. Duality quiver, has its uses but again pvp only.

When are you going to finally bring out more pve based items for new builds that everyone is waiting for? Half of nod doesn't care about pvp, nor do they want to waste gold on items only for pvp. Majority of the community care more for pve, and were going to be waiting maybe four months for one new LG, which if its a new pve based item won't really do anything on its own, so for a new build its going to be maybe a year, if you plan to actually focus lgs back to pve.

Most of us wait for an LG hoping it's going to have some use, then we all get annoyed as its just an item someone complained about a mechanic being too op. Why not just release an epic gem that does what this pet does, or something similar, and make all the upcoming changes in that style, leaving all new lgs for new builds, there's not enough build choice in nod, you've also made it basically pointless being any pve build but bm, dcdd or dcdot. Overpowered lgs are fun and all, but we need new stuff please and thanks :3

Old 05-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #2
Administrator

This new pet has a place in group PvE.

Also, if you have a PvE LG suggestion that isn't just an LG that does something another one does but with bigger numbers, feel free to suggest it whenever the "we want PvE LGs" argument is made.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless

Also, if you have a PvE LG suggestion that isn't just an LG that does something another one does but with bigger numbers, feel free to suggest it whenever the "we want PvE LGs" argument is made.
Group pve??? You serious??? Against what??? The anti crit buff? You do realise if you do group pve and have a healer shielding staff gives drainproof anyway. And it's not hard to negate crits anyway, so why sacrifice better pets for something that had no pve use. Feel you're just making a troll statement about its pve use.

I don't want lgs that have the same affects as the current lot, I want NEW ones. With not op, but average procs, just stuff to bring new builds to the game so that maybe I'll make an alt and bliss for the sake of it.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #4
Seer's BFF

Quote:

Curious, what place does this pet have in group pve?

Old 05-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens
And it's not hard to negate crits anyway
What is the crit negate method of choice for group PvE?

Old 05-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Regen and miti from timmies? I suppose it comes down to how much crit % mobs and bosses of high levels have, if it's low then maybe one of each would be 'okay' but mitigation and regen is vastly superior and can be used in much more situations. I can make an assumption that if this pet is used in pve, only Brooke or tsu may use it to try it. But they'll go back to timmies as they'll be better.

Maybe if it gave crit resist to entire group, it would actually have use as a 'group pve' pet that a support could use. But it doesn't do that, does it?

Old 05-02-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Timmies. If you cant out regen the damage of a boss(the only real meaningful group pve...) this doesn't help that at all. Running a healer in high end pve doesn't work either, because you're lacking too much damage to kill the boss before your tank will get 1 shot.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

im still baffled how 10% crit negate has a place in pve... Low end you want dmg... so useles.... High end you again want dmg if farming. IF going for boss's... well L O L if you use toads + healer. you will NEVER do enough dmg to kill new heroic boss's. So its really curious how on earth this could ever be labeled as a pve item.

Last edited by Freakymagic; 05-02-2019 at 09:31 PM..

Old 05-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens
Maybe if it gave crit resist to entire group
Hey, we finally got you to actually make an explicit LG suggestion.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:35 PM   #10
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Hey, we finally got you to actually make an explicit LG suggestion.
This pet won't counter the problem drains have on the current pvp gameplay. Why couldn't you just either do one of these things :

Halve drains to half the drain in total, make an epic impervious that gives immunity to all drains. That is what the issue was. Two of these pets isn't going to do anything against drains, they'll still get through and screw a fight over for a gem that's cheap as hell. 50m cost vs a 1m pouch at best. Damn.

I'm down for giving pve LG suggestions that aren't ridiculous, I'm not like Pale I know what's broke and what isn't. And I also know how useless this new pet is. Poor brother for his hard work. Lol

Old 05-02-2019, 11:34 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Will we ever see a counter to staff of shieldings proc?

Old 05-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #12
Administrator

Quote:
Edit: The new pet will have a place in group PvE if and when healing becomes viable there again, which is something that would be nice.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Edit: The new pet will have a place in group PvE if and when healing becomes viable there again, which is something that would be nice.
You would need to completely re work high end pve do do that.... No amount of buffs to healing or vamping will change that (and likely will just break pvp).

The issue currently isnt that healers cant do anything in pve. The issue is that you lose so much dps that you cant kill the higher end boss's until they 1 shot the tank.

Why not just admit that this crit avoidance is not a pve proc?

Old 05-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #14
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakymagic
You would need to completely re work high end pve do do that.... No amount of buffs to healing or vamping will change that (and likely will just break pvp).

The issue currently isnt that healers cant do anything in pve. The issue is that you lose so much dps that you cant kill the higher end boss's until they 1 shot the tank.

^ unless you make some PVE specific buffs... which... sounds ok in theory. But also to what point... group farming isn't viable.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:06 AM   #15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakymagic
It works in PvE, it's a PvE proc. If there was a skill that gave PvE only crit avoidance, a character who only did PvE would surely train it.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:31 AM   #16
Seer's BFF

Quote:
It works in PvE, it's a PvE proc. If there was a skill that gave PvE only crit avoidance, a character who only did PvE would surely train it.
....... But it doesn't benefit pve in any way that wasn't already available

Old 05-04-2019, 12:44 AM   #17
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
This is not a skill. A skill vs lg proc are 2 separate (and very different) arguments.

A skill with 0 downside, for example:
"Crit reduction: this skills gives up to a 10% chance to be immune to a critical strike resulting in non cirtical dmg"
Ofc a pve toon would lvl it.... Every toon would lvl it since it has no downside.

In what possible situation is this pet a better pve option then any other pet in the game? Answer: its not

The 1 situation it MIGHT be used is with a healer. But healers in pve are useless. So in order to make this pet have any use in pve..... you have to use a Useless build in the group. Not to mention that the argument could be made that timmy is a better option even then.

On top of that, the drain reduction is 100% useless in pve since mobs dont cast drains. add in the 90% self listless which.. i guess if your a regener who is veng farming in pve its useful? otherwise its useless...

Thats:
1 part 100% useless.
2 Part next to useless since regeners either have a non regen suit to farm or dont venge farm and
3 part Worse then any other option with 1 very small time being debatable in equal to the other option...

I Thus must label the Toad of Intransigence a pve pet NOT a pvp pet. Since its so obviously a strong and useful pet in PVE situations.

Last edited by Freakymagic; 05-04-2019 at 12:49 AM..

Old 05-04-2019, 01:56 AM   #18
Administrator

Like was said:

Quote:

Old 05-04-2019, 03:52 AM   #19
Gem Pouch Expert

I think Paulo was the only one who thought the new LG was good lol, I haven't personally used the new pet but in all honesty it seems a bit underwhelming. I understand regen is strong in this game, but why do so many items designed in the game get self-inflicted listless auras?

We still have LG trash items , including the blight barb dagger which is terrible and listless aura makes that even more unappealing. slapping listless aura on an LG is just going to make a lot of players not want to use it.

Can we start seeing LG's that don't have a double-edged-sword proc, and actually purely self-beneficial ones like we did in the past? I.E. Spear of the Unstoppable, Cudgel Of the Unmoving, Tomahammer , Doublers, Helkok, Black Edge / Boiler, Warhogs, Weasel Cuddlebugs, Mongo's, and so on?

We had good LG's in the game that don't shoot you in the foot, but the self-listless ones are pretty unappealing unless you're an archer benefiting from Kris.

But for goodness sakes, provide a counter to Shielding Staff too, that weapon is Top tier (even more OP than Regen) and completely makes 3v3 premade impossible to do without a healer. The diversity of 3v3 will be gone in Premade due to the fact that this staff completely counters drains/thefts so I won't be surprised if every team in the top 10 has a healer with that staff next season. Incapacitates got nerfed, and abnegation got buffed ( which is good), but I don't think we will see anything other than healer/tank/dps next upcoming format with the current changes

Old 05-04-2019, 04:24 AM   #20
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
I think Paulo was the only one who thought the new LG was good lol, I haven't personally used the new pet but in all honesty it seems a bit underwhelming. I understand regen is strong in this game, but why do so many items designed in the game get self-inflicted listless auras?

We still have LG trash items , including the blight barb dagger which is terrible and listless aura makes that even more unappealing. slapping listless aura on an LG is just going to make a lot of players not want to use it.

Can we start seeing LG's that don't have a double-edged-sword proc, and actually purely self-beneficial ones like we did in the past? I.E. Spear of the Unstoppable, Cudgel Of the Unmoving, Tomahammer , Doublers, Helkok, Black Edge / Boiler, Warhogs, Weasel Cuddlebugs, Mongo's, and so on?

We had good LG's in the game that don't shoot you in the foot, but the self-listless ones are pretty unappealing unless you're an archer benefiting from Kris.

But for goodness sakes, provide a counter to Shielding Staff too, that weapon is Top tier (even more OP than Regen) and completely makes 3v3 premade impossible to do without a healer. The diversity of 3v3 will be gone in Premade due to the fact that this staff completely counters drains/thefts so I won't be surprised if every team in the top 10 has a healer with that staff next season. Incapacitates got nerfed, and abnegation got buffed ( which is good), but I don't think we will see anything other than healer/tank/dps next upcoming format with the current changes
Because he's ran out of ideas for lgs and only makes LG procs based upon what people cry about. Omg I hate how op werewolf is. I get one shotted on openers. Pls give a counter to them. No. It's rng. Stop making counters for every single fun thing that pvp has. It's a game, it's meant to be fun. Teh only teams who really make pvp fun is tsu, I'll enjoy fighting them next premade, even if I'll lose I don't care.

This pet has no use in pve, you have four people telling you that and you won't admit it. So let's just leave it at that and you'll see no one will use it. Maybe bring out future lgs that will open up new builds, so many people can rebuild a toon and enjoy the game more? Thank you