Old 04-17-2019, 08:24 AM   #21
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Brother is currently at 347 accomplishments.
Okay so, we have to bother brother to finish up his accomplishments, then you give us more counters to drains?

I dunno if you are trolling us, or what? O.o , just keep in mind that this 45k gold gem destroys pretty much every build in a very, strong, (almost) unable to be effectively countered, unless you're just sitting there with a few prevents and cuddles and hope for the best.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 AM   #22
Gem Pouch Expert

I do have a suggestion.

Prevent gems have a significantly higher chance of preventing any drain gems.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #23
Boss Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakki
Okay so, we have to bother brother to finish up his accomplishments, then you give us more counters to drains?

I dunno if you are trolling us, or what? O.o , just keep in mind that this 45k gold gem destroys pretty much every build in a very, strong, (almost) unable to be effectively countered, unless you're just sitting there with a few prevents and cuddles and hope for the best.
personally. no. It doesn't. not one team in the top 5 of last season could really be drained. due to staff of shielding. Impervious also give 100% immunity to attack based. And if you theft you can also gain enough back on a hit to activate your gems. ROL is the biggest counter to gems needing mana/erg.

which is why it's an LG gem and is worth the 14.5m price tag. only casters can really make use f drains. HK is using them this season inbetween healing, then goes dot when the tank is drained. it is a bit annoying dying like that to a cheap af gem, albeit i don't think they need to be nerfed/countered much. I think the duration/amount on the drain should be halved. don't forget some builds RELY on drains to be optimal. some dcdd's get a bit swamped without the drain giving them mana back.

Personally, way to solve this is to make an epic impervious, that stops say 75% of all drains on you. 100% is broke. but 75% of all is a niche amount. and epic, coz lg is not worth the gold sink, and i'd rather new lg's for NEW builds. that's my 2 cents

Old 04-17-2019, 10:18 AM   #24
Crab Defiler

Not speaking for anyone but if Brother's hard earned reward will serve tsu and few others it's just lame especially if Brother will not use new LG at all.

For me personally (and all my friends agree with me) it would make sense to make LG based on suggestion of a person who completed bounty (likely Brother in this case).

Of course it would be tailored and adjusted by admin to stay within reasonable values/procs.

Doing so it will make any future bounty more desirable and more would compete to get it first.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:53 AM   #25
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens
personally. no. It doesn't. not one team in the top 5 of last season could really be drained. due to staff of shielding. Impervious also give 100% immunity to attack based. And if you theft you can also gain enough back on a hit to activate your gems. ROL is the biggest counter to gems needing mana/erg.

which is why it's an LG gem and is worth the 14.5m price tag. only casters can really make use f drains. HK is using them this season inbetween healing, then goes dot when the tank is drained. it is a bit annoying dying like that to a cheap af gem, albeit i don't think they need to be nerfed/countered much. I think the duration/amount on the drain should be halved. don't forget some builds RELY on drains to be optimal. some dcdd's get a bit swamped without the drain giving them mana back.

Personally, way to solve this is to make an epic impervious, that stops say 75% of all drains on you. 100% is broke. but 75% of all is a niche amount. and epic, coz lg is not worth the gold sink, and i'd rather new lg's for NEW builds. that's my 2 cents
I asked for a counter to the staff of shielding as well, in my former post on this thread. because that shield is OP af too, both healers i had on my team last season had it, and pretty much any top team will use it, unless you rely on stun lock team setup. Because in all honesty, there isn't really a strong counter to the staff, i mean, we have reaper aura to make them heal less, as well as shattering the angelics, but it just doesn't seem like enough lol. Because i believe others should be able to deal with drains, without being helpless, but also be able to counter people using that drainproof staff too. epic or LG imperv be nice, but I wonder if gem would be enough, and if we'd see weapons, quiver, pet, arrow, or something else to help with being drained, as well as avoiding drainproofs ( countering, a counter)... you know?

Old 04-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #26
Seer's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidens

We're not talking attack based drains at all... Good luck thefting someone with a staff of shielding that procs off GoL.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #27
Boss Hunter

Has anyone tried to use the stats of PRe and MRe , backed with the runes that support regeneration of those two stats. I have, I used it in 1v1 arena format when facing a dotter, plus with other counter measures to dotters. It wasn't perfect but it got what I wanted done. CNT wasn't good enough, so much CNT wasn't doing it, so I made the adjustment to PRe and MRe.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #28
Seer's BFF

BP has a valid point. More Mre and Pre will solve a lot of problems.

Also i think CNT was changed recently, based on my understanding its not more powerful now.

Please dont give brother a lg that counters drains. Put it on a lg beast.

Give him something half decent

Old 04-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #29
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

attempting to counter 600 mst drain over 20s that can be stacked repeatedly if draws are lucky using mre or pre would be insufficient.

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 04-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #30
Seer's BFF

mre/pre isn't enough. 1 drain gem counters like 600 mre/pre.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #31
Seer's BFF

Glitch drains are now completely useless. what gives?

The more stuff that is changed to the point they cant be used the worse this game gets. Already way too many of the same build out there. Wheres the diversity gone? Dont change something so much that they no longer have a place in the game.

Make drains 10 seconds at least

Old 06-21-2019, 11:59 AM   #32
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulodjohn
Glitch drains are now completely useless. what gives?

The more stuff that is changed to the point they cant be used the worse this game gets. Already way too many of the same build out there. Wheres the diversity gone? Dont change something so much that they no longer have a place in the game.

Make drains 10 seconds at least
The more viable builds, the better, so that is a goal to shoot for. However, drains, like stun locks, were not a fun game mechanic, and it is unlikely that buffing them is the route that would be taken to increase viable builds.

Please specify the builds you think are too prevalent or overpowered as well as the builds you think should be viable, but aren't. Only then we can look at other means of assisting the builds that are unable to compete in the current system.