Gameplay Supporting Elements
Old 01-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #1
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Default Gameplay Supporting Elements

Before tossing my next votes on the Most Wanted thread... I'm curious about discussing possibilities on certain elements of Nod. Things like auction house, map, rune vaults, local/buddy list, etc.. They aren't specifically game play like combat and builds. But they are foundational to ease of use and pulling together all the work which a player does to progress in a game.

It also occurs to me that next generation of these elements could be a jump ahead for creating a full use/phone friendly app.

So..... my ramblings are:

AUCTION: I'd like to see an auction house that's interactive. At minimum a way to filter, so we don't have to see tons of masters. It would be great to narrow down for price or tier or location... or seller. Then there is the "auction" misnomer currently - it'd be cool to be able to actually bid and make offers on items vs other players. The current auction can be confusing in the way the pages jump, if you scroll back the old information returns, some points you either have to scroll through four or so pages to refresh the section you were looking at or just give up and go back through the auction menu.

MAP: More than just a pic. There is the option of unexplored areas being blackened out. The newest five zones still need to be added. Zoom in and out option. Not a big thing, but at some points when the quests send you flip to the another part of the map (Petrified Forest, Drevina Sea, etc) it might be nice to highlight the area for the quests you have active; Or a star, something to help pick out an area you've never been to before.

VAULTS (and more on clan): The rune vaults being just stagnant drop ins can be annoying to clannies... and for clan leads, quite testing. If we care, we put in the work. However, a little ease in use would make it easier for healthy clans to be in game (recruiting and keeping more players). Simply being able to sort the runes in the vault would smooth out the work (by alpha order, by rank (including pluses), by active/inactive, most used/linked).
On another note, some kind of information gathering which leadership can use: logins per month or day, donations vs taxes, runes linked or not, how long the toon has been in clan/date joined(and/or how many times), etc. There are some things we just flat can't trace down with the information available for us. It is demotivating having to take screenies every month for any overtime tracking. I don't mind doing some work outside of Nod to keep a healthy clan, but I do not have the same amount of time to devote as I have in the past. Having information available to crunch would facilitate better activities for clans without scrounging for every tidbit in order to grow outside of the typical trivia/raffle routine.

BUDDY LIST: I find it a neat approach to how buddy list works - order wise. However, at the very least, being able to sort the buddy list like you can sort local would be super helpful. If beast can be falsely aged or something to pin it to the top of local, I fully support Nibbles' shift of space from local to buddy list. It would simplify booting unpaid/inactive clannies when your buddy list is jumping around.

JS: There is a difference in retro and antiquated. >,< Retro game play is awesome; Having better tools outside of the game than with the game itself fast approaches antiquated, especially when folks on their phones can't as easily utilize those outside tools. Perhaps negotiations with Nodtools?

Alright, that's more than enough to chat about and I'm tired, so ready for bed. Any other random thoughts may come back to me later and/or you all will have them or better ones to share. (:

Old 01-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

Pineapples!
The capacity to feel like an idiot is an indicator that you probably aren't one.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Another, purchasable, hot bar meant for holding masters only. Buy with irl money comparable to the fraction of the cost of up keep for an alt to hold masters; Fraction because at least an alt could earn a little bit help in keeping it's own face.

<--- still not a coder. You could even bind/assign a master to a slot; being use it or lose it. Must how the runes are right now. oh... rune vault hot bar? Some hotbar features embedded as a vault.
*ramblepauses*

Old 01-10-2019, 09:27 PM   #4
The Eldest Pilgrim

trying to make things on phone is a nightmare. This could be easily solved by allowing crafting tools to be put into the hotbar. Rather than rightclick 'use' you would just click on the tool in the hotbar to open it up.

[

Old 09-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

After seeing another ride the negative wagon about gold cap... I decided to go learn a little.

https://massivelyop.com/2015/09/13/m...mmo-economies/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

Blah Blah... I did come up with an intriguing idea. New gear, could be called Mythical, that is tournament specific and takes up keep in the form of resource collection. Not a consumption of the resources, but the literal action of finding the resources - higher returns according to tier found could be cool, or nah just let all tiers gain the same. This will offset the mat needs of tier 293874298 gear and support a current idea of improving pvp fun.

Also, slight bump on this thread.. all the prompts about clan colors and afk messages and such are cool ideas that might be better as part of a bigger overhaul instead of spending time on bits being shoved together. Still just an opinion thread though

Old 09-18-2019, 04:33 AM   #6
Gem Pouch Expert

Support