Will a staff warrior ever work?
Old 11-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
Neophyte

Default Will a staff warrior ever work?

I just created a alt and i'm going to try being a warrior who uses a staff with hopes of making his secondary class a warlock. Do you think it will work, and do you have any tips or suggestions?

Old 11-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
Boss Hunter

first of all. as a new player. tinyurl.com/nodsacademy has a lot of useful stuff for you to browse.

to answer your question posed here.

yes the build works. it's a bit outdated but it's a strength focused dd caster. you'll use red/green direct damage gems (mana based) and have staff damage. at low levels (below 60) staff will be your primary damage so focus on melee. at higher levels it'll balance more.

at cap (85) it is the cheapest build possible to effectively make decent money. so a good first choice as long as you make it through the hell that is caster life at low levels.

it is focused on instakilling or damn near insta low end pve at cap. if you dream of being a top pver it's not the build for you. it's pretty squishy as you need recovery magic and melee. leaves defense sparse.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
Neophyte

Thank you for the info. I checked out your link and now have it saved to use at anytime.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:07 AM   #4
Neophyte

Thanks for the info

Old 11-06-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
Epic Scholar

Staffbash DD is a viable build, as is staffbash DoT. They have some shortcomings in PvP due to lack of defensive stats, but as solid in OvE. Milkchan used to use Staffbash DD to great effect in DMV/Gob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #6
Neophyte

So how many points should i end up with in defense at cap? Right now i am lvling it up every three lvls.