Small mobile qol improvement
Old 09-30-2018, 07:31 AM   #1
Boss Hunter

Default Small mobile qol improvement

Idk how it is on the Nodiatis app. But for mobile browser (which I use cuz it's far easier to chat on... Last I checked compared to app anywho) can there be a togglable option for buying items off auction house? Make it be 100% optional so people don't whine they missed free tcs cuz they needed to click "are you sure you want to buy xxx of xxx at xxx gold" but in recent weeks just trying to adjust zoom or pan I've ended up with a stack of 82 t19 veggies (needed less than 10) and a bunch of t25 sinew. 1-2 isn't cheap but an entire stack hurts a bit. Hope to God I don't misclick and buy a 40m master on mobile. So I'd appreciate the confirmation window. I assume others have similar experiences at least once or twice.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

Great idea though.....
Bro I don’t think many people play mobile at all, only person is HK which he has been off for the most part and me.
I thought my idea was great but don’t think glitch will see or make into consideration on any suggestions through mobile playing unless it’s well supported.

Though I still hope he does...

Last edited by Redeye; 10-01-2018 at 08:21 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
Boss Hunter

Support, I've bought things without my full consent to do so (a lg no less), buyer beware is what I was told.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
Administrator

Mobile browser is not officially supported. Make reports for improvements you want on the mobile app and they'll have a better chance of being implemented.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
Mobile browser is not officially supported. Make reports for improvements you want on the mobile app and they'll have a better chance of being implemented.
I did it’s a few threads below lol

Old 10-01-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
Administrator

IE Blaze, explain why chatting is easier on browser for you so we can make it that way on the app hopefully.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #7
Boss Hunter

main differences between chat are:

mobile browser: you tap the bubble. it opens press enter default chat.

App browser: you tap bubble it ignores all 3 default chat settings and opens civil. and as much as even I speak in civil... I speak in group chat 10x more often. so that's tedious. default chat exists for a reason. that + removing risks of accidental wcs and perhaps swearing in civil is nice.

mobile browser: you type and message. tap bubble again. message is instantly deleted.

App browser: tap bubble again it simply shortens message to /c again rather than closing it. so still gotta go through the hassle of tapping backspace multiple times. (or hold. either way).

those are the main two differences. minor yes. but they make me more efficient so I'll take them.

Old 10-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #8
Administrator

Gem replacement is easier in the app now.

Chat stuff noted for a future release.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
Gem replacement is easier in the app now.

Chat stuff noted for a future release.
It still tells me ?you cannot use that get yet?, which doesn?t make sense why you could manually cast a gem on autocast, rather than just replacing gem. The thing is for PC you?re able to replace gem just by clicking on the hot key rather than recycling the gem first. If autocast is off it?s a different story same on PC, you can?t do gem replacement, it casts the gem rather. Though my suggestion is if you?re able to click on the gem in play when set to autocast, rather than setting it to cast manually, it just replaces it with the next gem in que.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:32 PM   #10
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye
It still tells me ?you cannot use that get yet?, which doesn?t make sense why you could manually cast a gem on autocast, rather than just replacing gem. The thing is for PC you?re able to replace gem just by clicking on the hot key rather than recycling the gem first. If autocast is off it?s a different story same on PC, you can?t do gem replacement, it casts the gem rather. Though my suggestion is if you?re able to click on the gem in play when set to autocast, rather than setting it to cast manually, it just replaces it with the next gem in que.
That's what it should do now. You click any gem in play with autocast and it replaces it (if there is a gem to replace it ready). What version are you using?

Old 10-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #11
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
That's what it should do now. You click any gem in play with autocast and it replaces it (if there is a gem to replace it ready). What version are you using?
V3.179 (IOS).

It?s updated, and also do not get the beast notification as well.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #12
Administrator

The iOS version is out of sync. You won't have the new client until it says 3.180 which probably wont be until late tomorrow.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:02 AM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
The iOS version is out of sync. You won't have the new client until it says 3.180 which probably wont be until late tomorrow.
Awesome thank you! And will iOS users get the beast notification soon as well?

Old 10-02-2018, 12:07 AM   #14
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye
Awesome thank you! And will iOS users get the beast notification soon as well?
It's had it. Works on my phone. You might have luck uninstalling Nodiatis and reinstalling to make sure you hit the allow button when prompted about notifications.

Old 10-02-2018, 12:45 AM   #15
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
It's had it. Works on my phone. You might have luck uninstalling Nodiatis and reinstalling to make sure you hit the allow button when prompted about notifications.
Yeah just noticed they were off since I took a break. Turned it back on just now thanks again glitch!

Old 10-05-2018, 01:40 AM   #16
Epic Scholar

On the subject of the mobile app, some requests.

1: add support for physical keyboards (e.g. tablet keyboards). As it stands, typing with my bluetooth keyboard isn't possible, and as that's how I do development on the go it's also how I usually log into nod. Typing on a big touchscreen is worse than typing on a small one.

2: I don't know why and it could be something you have no control over, but autocorrect doesn't work in the mobile app. I'm not sure if that can even be fixed but typing on a tiny touch keyboard doesn't go well for those of us with fat, greasy fingers.

3: allow pasting into the app from outside of it. Could just be me but the password I received via email (also another, separate request) would be much less of a pain to paste than type.

Not just the mobile app:

1: add copying. I know that's been requested for a long, long time but it seems like it would be easier now that nod is no longer running in Java.

2: please fix the thing where typing a letter bound to a key keeps you from using no key pressed chat. Also with anything that requires pressing shift as the first letter.

3: I know you address it in the email, but could you please not email passwords? It makes me twitchy and then we go back to the original "fat, greasy (and twitchy)" fingers problem.

Thanks, you're awesome.