Growl, BMs, Ironclad, Etc.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
Epic Scholar

Default Growl, BMs, Ironclad, Etc.

1. Thank you for clan flashing fix.

2. The test of Ironclad will be to see if it gets any more use than it did before. If we can look back in 3-6 months and not a single decent clan is running Ironclad, I would say it's a bit of a failure of a buff.

Of course, expanding rune vaults to allow a clan to run all runes would probably increase the chance of Ironclad being used. It's hard to justify it when you're not just limited by RP, but by vault space.

3. Bosses are suddenly harder again with Growl being removed, and I don't think that 10.5% extra HP makes up for it. Not saying that's a good or bad thing, but that's just how it is.

4. Bestial Sacrifice's worth will be shown in the same way as Ironclad. If, in 1 month, most BMs are deciding not to level Bestial, I think you can consider it a failure (or they're all retarded).

5. Stat-independent 19% chance to negate any melee/ranged/pet/DD attack becomes a stat-independent 20% reduction of DoT gem damage. My build doesn't mind the double-edged DoT nerf here (with DoTs taking more damage from everyone due to Growl being removed and doing less to everyone, especially whip users), but it might be a bit excessive. I can't speak for how well whip users face DoTs because Opri is trash against everyone, not just DoTs.

6. Will Spike Rune be getting a buff in the same vein as Ironclad? Is there any chance of a percentage buff? Will you wait to see if anyone uses the new Ironclad before deciding what to do with Spike?

7. Blood for Blood including ranged damage is strange, and an obvious boon to Kok users compared to other whip users. I don't see why this would be needed when it's already the most-used whip. I could be wrong though. Maybe 10% vamp on melee attacks will make people auto-attack with whips other than Koks. Other than Koks or LoDs? Unlikely.

I would guess that Vampiric Dragon whip continues to be under-used. Literally nobody uses it competitively.

8. Untraining during combat would still be nice for when you're redisting so you don't have to waste time OOC.

___

Overall I guess it's a matter of waiting to see how these changes play out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggles
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-13-2018, 03:20 AM   #2
Gem Pouch Expert

I cant see any change to ironclad so far, still gives just 200 ac (rank 4 rune that is) and that's it as far as I can see, it might of had some invisible buff or something I guess

Old 08-13-2018, 06:35 AM   #3
Epic Scholar

R6 Ironclad gives 400 AC now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchless
The player was banned for using an exploit repeatedly without reporting it. There's only 1 proper way to profit off an exploit: report it.
Quote:
Old Delay/(1+haste%) = New Delay

For slow effects, use the slow % but as a negative.

Just repeat for multiple effects.

DO NOT multiply by 1+slow% to get your new delay. 1*1.4 is not the same as 1/0.6 and your answer will be wrong.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
Gem Pouch Expert

Quote:
5. Stat-independent 19% chance to negate any melee/ranged/pet/DD attack becomes a stat-independent 20% reduction of DoT gem damage. My build doesn't mind the double-edged DoT nerf here (with DoTs taking more damage from everyone due to Growl being removed and doing less to everyone, especially whip users), but it might be a bit excessive. I can't speak for how well whip users face DoTs because Opri is trash against everyone, not just DoTs.
Still early but so far as a dbl doter i haven't seen a large difference as of yet. The non bm people i traded fights with before i still trade fights with (thorin & bp for example). The only strong bm i have fought so far was dl once, was fairly 1 sided fight in my favor even with dl spamming prevent gems. Biggest change for my fights have been to dbl dders (specifically shield users). Removel of growl means i take more dmg while they now take less of my dot dmg.

IMO as a doter its a fine nerf for doters. Tbh they are probably still overpowered but time will tell.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #5
Rare Collector

http://prntscr.com/o72usl

<- retarded

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!