Game events
Old 07-21-2017, 04:58 AM   #1
Seer's BFF

Default Game events

Capture the flag -

An event that would happen every 4-6-8 hours whatever deemed reasonable.
A message comes out "Capture the flag will be starting in 30 minutes please type '/joinctf(or whatever you want)' to join." This would cycle in 30 15 10 5 2 minutes...

Once you have typed the message you are entered into the "queue" once the timer hits 0 you are transported to an area of the map (newly created place) then thrown on a random team. 1 team vs 1 team or 2 v 2 etc whatever you think would be best. the map could have obstacles etc so that we aren't able to just run left and right or up and down to get to the flags. Have "block" areas where if you have someone sitting on the square you are forced into combat with them if you step on the square. This would be any amount of people vs any amount of people. All toons on one team are in a single group. You could however limit how many people can be standing on a square. say 5/6 people per square per team as an example. Also ideally you would boot inactive toons after 2 minutes or so of inactivity. The "flags" could be items you "purchase" from a shop, then when "sold" to your teams shop you gain a point for your team. Once the event has ended (whatever score deemed reasonable) the items would disappear. Obviously only allowing 1 of these "flags" to be purchased at one time. You could keep a daily/weekly/monthly/all time score board running for this even as well. for kills/deaths/captures/flag carrier kills etc with special rewards every week for them. Upon victory, or loss you would get a "token" type item that with a certain amount can be exchanged for various rewards... anything from potions, to trophies, resins, time cards... whatever you would think would work best. Obviously the winners gain more than the losers, but they would still receive something for participating. Could also have each team flash their respective color so that you can easily identify who is an enemy and who is not on the map and in the local board. Once the event has ended it would announce which team won, the score between the two. You could even have some algorithm setup to determine who the "MVP" of the event was and announce that.

Team Death Match -

Same type of thing every 2/4/6/8 hours announce that a team death match event will be starting. Put everyone who has joined the event onto a random team. (All members of the team will be in a single group) Have a largeish map setup for this game mode, where you have to go and hunt down the enemy team. Have a score limit and a time limit set so that it doesn't last forever. Again have a daily/weekly/monthly/all time leader board setup for this(Kills/deaths/kill-death ratio)

Old 07-21-2017, 06:34 AM   #2
Rare Collector

Sounds fun but this is nodiatis not Call of Duty.

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 07-21-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
Seer's BFF

These game modes have been out since long before call of duty was a thing.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #4
Rare Collector

We cant keep up with the current events in the game's such a epic beast's and LG beasts.

Not mentioning Arena.

Maybe focus on improving what we already have than adding other things

Broke 4k pet crit :O Buff BM nao!

Old 07-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
Gem Pouch Expert

I agree with DL on this one .

NODIATIS is not a copy of other games and has its own unique system and that why it's so awesome.

Obviously it will evolve but in direction that it's right for its realm.
There is lots of awesome sauce on the horizon and patches to come will make it better and better.

On other hand Mr ideaman it's good thing to come up with ideas - however try to keep it within nodiatis reality.

Thanks for posting.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

So tailor the idea to Nod realm?

The seer's undies need to be captured by one team(same process as current group way 1v1, 2v2, 3v3) and the beast's undies by the other team. Static mobs/bosses in between in a zone specifically for this (like being taken to the arena).

This could be in lieu of the short arena idea. I've heard some mention daily or weekly arena punching fests to make things more interesting vs the usual arena that is months long which creates many months of down time for many players. Even doing this as a weekly event would keep Nod in mind in a more positive way than 'gotta burn this time just so it doesn't waste.'

I support having more interactive content. This is the reason I supported hot zones and new mid level zones. More to do. New classes and skills and gear is great but it doesn't change the grind any. Grind is one of the top things people complain about and warn brand new players about. :{ This doesn't have to be moved to priority, but maybe on the most wanted list somewhere, 2018 maybe. I like the app idea, we need more players somehow, and think it should stay in top priority.

I support.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #7
Seer's BFF

Nod is just grind grind grind grind. There needs to be something to break that up. "Things on the horizon" Like new skills/classes? That won't add anything to the game. More stuff to grind to lvl is all. There needs to be more to do to break up the monotony of grind grind grind. Yes arena can be argued to do that, but the seasons last forever and become boring rather fast. The only good time in arena is during rush when queue is faster. Having more events daily would bring in new people, and bring back old people who quit because they hit their peak with grinding.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #8
Gem Pouch Expert

You do have some valid points especially about grind.

I would like to see new crafting skills and formulas . Imbue enchanting rod with new recipes etc.

Perhaps instead of grinding trophy /gold a new set of items would drop that can be used (combined with others) to get tempers , bonuses and all sort of improvements that can put a spark into your daily grind. However this is separate topic that would took pages of examples .

Let's current projects see daylight then we will see what Glitch allows next.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #9
Gem Pouch Expert

Support

Anything to make nod more enjoyable is good imo.

As it is nod is a grind fest, nothing wrong with that, but people eventually get bored with it and move on to other games. Beasts are the same old thing, just a way to make a bit more gold. Arena is well... same as farming, a grind fest. Either you dont que till rush, que for bonus, or grind tokens. Regardless of which theres not a hole lot of excitement, jsut more grinding.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #10
Seer's BFF

You could also have an "individual rating" setup for this that resets every week/month for tempering as well. As well as a shop setup in a special location that you can use the rewards from winning to purchase items... such as potions/runes/epic items/maybe lgs(for a rather high price)/TC's(for a rather high price)

Old 07-22-2017, 09:25 PM   #11
Tip
Gem Pouch Expert

Joanna: I'm a crafter, too. I enjoy it even from gathering all my own resources as much as I can. New things/ways to craft and neat items to put together for bonuses or tempers is intriguing. BUT it's passive. For most, that's still boring - just something along side the grind or something to pay others to do.

This idea is about not passive... about interaction and strategy... about doing not just slowly getting a puzzle piece by piece... activity to excite for more than 'okay i got this item on now and i have the bonus/recipe/temper' few moments.
Beast does this to some extent, but it's still go die repeatedly... not much challenge.

I will probably not participate because I can't build worth af. LOL but I see the need and why it's engaging.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #12
Seer's BFF

bump

Old 12-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #13
Gem Pouch Expert

Support!

Old 12-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #14
Gem Pouch Expert

Domination.
Or...

Some type of town defending minigame that happens in real time every few hours, a Rift from the netherworld opens a portal of hellish creatures that wreak havoc on a random town. Players must group up to defend the town(s) from said creatures, towns successfully saved are given buffs to players , like an exp or gold buff, or something. Random Players will have to team (group up) to help protect the town, as even a solo level 90 will struggle with the creatures that attack the enemies. (Similar to group Acumen), the more players that group up to together the easier it is to take out the creatures.

Last edited by Lakki; 12-16-2019 at 07:11 PM..

Old 12-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #15
Epic Scholar

Send a message via MSN to flipynifty

wait for seigecraft

omg i wanna sammich nao

Old 12-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #16
Boss Hunter

Support.